X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Esjay
    The good thing about this idiot Buckeye is that Woy Firsttimer and I get to throw thanks around to each other like a hooker at a bachelor party.

:yes:
    Who is your college teams Esjay? Can't believe I don't know this...

Comment

• Nash
      How Bout Them Dawgs
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
      Sorry
      its okay :makeout:

Comment

• Esjay
        Luck2Hilton
        • Feb 2009

Who is your college teams Esjay? Can't believe I don't know this...
        Probably because it's IU ....

:club:

I don't get nearly as into it as I do the basketball team though. I consider myself more of a fan of college football as a whole than IU.

Comment

• Pitty
          Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
          • Feb 2009

Woy ban bucktard so we can get back to the discussion.

Comment

• Woy
            RIP West
            • Dec 2008

He's offline, so go ahead and continue.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Senser81
              VSN Poster of the Year
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Pitty
              Senser, you're turning into Blitz with this 3 times in the past 30 years gimmick. The truth is Wannstedt has 2 of those 9 win seasons, in the past two years. We're not saying that Pitt is going to come in and be Ohio State, but this team is on an upswing on both the field and in recruiting.
              The team is on the "upswing" of Wannstedt's own making. He inherited a team that had posted 5 consecutive winning seasons, was coming off of a BCS bowl appearance, and immediately had 3 non-winning seasons. I don't understand how you refuse to acknowledge this. Pitt has done well the past two seasons, but is that enough to separate them from the Minnesota's and the Michigan State's of the Big10, much less the Iowa's, Wisconsin's, and Penn State's? I don't think so. Its not a gimmick...Pitt hasn't proven it can win consistently under Wannstedt.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Esjay
                Probably because it's IU ....

:club:

I don't get nearly as into it as I do the basketball team though. I consider myself more of a fan of college football as a whole than IU.
                That's what I thought it was but....didn't want to assume THAT!

Comment

• Pitty
                  Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                  The team is on the "upswing" of Wannstedt's own making. He inherited a team that had posted 5 consecutive winning seasons, was coming off of a BCS bowl appearance, and immediately had 3 non-winning seasons. I don't understand how you refuse to acknowledge this. Pitt has done well the past two seasons, but is that enough to separate them from the Minnesota's and the Michigan State's of the Big10, much less the Iowa's, Wisconsin's, and Penn State's? I don't think so. Its not a gimmick...Pitt hasn't proven it can win consistently under Wannstedt.
                  Walt Harris gave Pitt a mere shell of that undeserving BCS team, sure Palko and Lee were still there, but the whole of the Offensive Line was returning no significant talent, as well as bringing no one in. You're still discounting the transition from West Coast to Run based offenses that Wannstedt wanted. Pitt had no developed running back talent yet, in a young LSH. Combine these two factors and we weren't going to be very good, still losing to Ohio was admittedly unacceptable.

Comment

• jHammack
                    Noob
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Pitty
                    Walt Harris gave Pitt a mere shell of that undeserving BCS team, sure Palko and Lee were still there, but the whole of the Offensive Line was returning no significant talent, as well as bringing no one in. You're still discounting the transition from West Coast to Run based offenses that Wannstedt wanted. Pitt had no developed running back talent yet, in a young LSH. Combine these two factors and we weren't going to be very good, still losing to Ohio was admittedly unacceptable.
                    2 Completely different systems and Walt left Pitt in a shitty recruiting situation. That is what people who keep saying "Pitt was a BCS team that year" don't get. Yeah you're right we went to the BCS and lost a lot of talent on that team and had no talent to replace it.

That's 2 fans that actually follow the program not just look at the records and say Pitt was in the BCS and Wannstedt ruined the program. I never said Wanny was a great coach, or even good for that matter. But he has the program headed into the right direction and finally got rid of terrible assistants. Matt Cavanaugh for one .. The fact is that if Pitt goes to the Big 10 now, they will be in the top 4-5 of that conference the way the program is headed right now. Not 3 years ago, not thirty years ago, right now.

Comment

• Youk
                      Posts too much
                      • Feb 2009

The complete lack of football knowledge you show on an everyday basis is astounding.
                      You mean the complete lack of knowledge. Period.

Comment

• jHammack
                        Noob
                        • Feb 2009

Well just look how he spells Buckeyes.

Comment

• Senser81
                          VSN Poster of the Year
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jHammack
                          Walt DIDN'T recruit in his last two years, His recruiting classes were terrible and he didn't bring in solid players.

2003 Walt Harris Recruiting: 34th (Rivals) 39th (Scout
                          2004 Walt Harris Recruiting: 48th (Rivals) 47th (Scout)

His last 2 recruiting classes were shit.

2005 Wannstedt: 42nd - Shitty, but better than Harris did the year before.
                          2006 Wannstedt: 11th
                          2007- 8th
                          2008- 25th
                          2009- 31
                          2010- 11th
                          I don't know where you got your 2010 class ranking, but I just went to Rivals and they had Pitt with the 33rd best class for 2010.

Comment

• jHammack
                            Noob
                            • Feb 2009

Scout.com - It's actually 16th now after signing day. Rivals is terrible.

Comment

• Maize
                              • Jan 2010

I used to use Rivals, until a few years ago. I think it was Sportsbuck that pointed me to Scout.

Although Pitt does a decent job recruiting, and Wannstedt has proven he can recruit well enough in the region. He also draws more from the east coast, which is a benefit of playing in Pennsylvania.

I think the Big Ten comments denying Pitt is a smokescreen. The announcement might not be for a while, but I think it's Pitt. I also heard that is is not crazy to think that the Big Ten could expand to 14 teams by 2015.
                              "Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave" | Kentucky Wildcats
                              2014 Season: 11-2 (7-2)
                              Next Game: Bowl Game

Comment

• nesper
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maize
                                I used to use Rivals, until a few years ago. I think it was Sportsbuck that pointed me to Scout.

Although Pitt does a decent job recruiting, and Wannstedt has proven he can recruit well enough in the region. He also draws more from the east coast, which is a benefit of playing in Pennsylvania.

I think the Big Ten comments denying Pitt is a smokescreen. The announcement might not be for a while, but I think it's Pitt. I also heard that is is not crazy to think that the Big Ten could expand to 14 teams by 2015.
                                i think 14 is the best option for the big ten. 6 division games 2 crossovers and 4 non conf games.

Comment

Working...