Rumor: Pitt Joining the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maize
    • Jan 2010

Totally agree Nesper. I think 14 works out the best, schedule wise. Plus, if they add two more, it could help to balance the divisions, both regionally and in ability.
    "Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave" | Kentucky Wildcats
    2014 Season: 11-2 (7-2)
    Next Game: Bowl Game

Comment

• Pitty
      Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
      I don't know where you got your 2010 class ranking, but I just went to Rivals and they had Pitt with the 33rd best class for 2010.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank...sType=0&Sort=0
      Rivals? Funded by shoe companies and NFL teams.

Comment

• Pitty
        Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
        • Feb 2009

Comment

• ram29jackson
          Noob
          • Nov 2008

Any excuse to get Penn State to play Pitt every year is fine with me.

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jHammack
            Scout.com - It's actually 16th now after signing day. Rivals is terrible.
            LOL...I didn't know one recruiting ranking site could be somehow MORE worthless than any other.

Comment

• Senser81
              VSN Poster of the Year
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ram29jackson
              Any excuse to get Penn State to play Pitt every year is fine with me.
              Nobody asked you for your opinion. Please stop posting in my forum area.

TY

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Scout.com - It's actually 16th now after signing day. Rivals is terrible.
                Then why would you cite Rivals at all to begin with pages ago when discussing Walt Harris?

Comment

• ram29jackson
                  Noob
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
                  Nobody asked you for your opinion. Please stop posting in my forum area.

TY
                  widdle baby upset aaawwww, sowwy widdle one. ....tough crap

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                    Buckeye For Life
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Maize
                    I used to use Rivals, until a few years ago. I think it was Sportsbuck that pointed me to Scout.
                    To be fair this was when I was at the height of my homerism and I liked Scout because they rated Buckeye recruits higher.

Rivals is better than Scout, but neither are too great. They should let the local guys who know the state make the rankings, for instance they screw up Ohio rankings every year.

Comment

• jHammack
                      Noob
                      • Feb 2009

I quoted rivals because I wanted you too see the high/low of each. I use Scout, I prefer it over rivals because over the years Rivals has missed on a lot of recruits, where Scout (still misses a lot) is more unbiased. They both suck, but I prefer scout.

Comment

• jHammack
                        Noob
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maize
                        I used to use Rivals, until a few years ago. I think it was Sportsbuck that pointed me to Scout.

Although Pitt does a decent job recruiting, and Wannstedt has proven he can recruit well enough in the region. He also draws more from the east coast, which is a benefit of playing in Pennsylvania.

I think the Big Ten comments denying Pitt is a smokescreen. The announcement might not be for a while, but I think it's Pitt. I also heard that is is not crazy to think that the Big Ten could expand to 14 teams by 2015.
                        For example, top NJ player TJ Clemmings.

Comment

• jHammack
                          Noob
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
                          To be fair this was when I was at the height of my homerism and I liked Scout because they rated Buckeye recruits higher.

Rivals is better than Scout, but neither are too great. They should let the local guys who know the state make the rankings, for instance they screw up Ohio rankings every year.
                          They screw up a lot of the NJ players.. Lewis for example was so underrated by everyone at these scouting sites. Even TJ, since he was such a late bloomer got a 4* ranking by rivals when people are saying he might be in the top 4-5 defensive ends

Comment

• FirstTimer
                            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I quoted rivals because I wanted you too see the high/low of each. I use Scout, I prefer it over rivals because over the years Rivals has missed on a lot of recruits, where Scout (still misses a lot) is more unbiased. They both suck, but I prefer scout.
                            Why would you even care about the high/low of it if Rivals sucks?

Comment

• Senser81
                              VSN Poster of the Year
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                              Why would you even care about the high/low of it if Rivals sucks?
                              I think he wanted us to see how much Rivals sucks...Pitt can have alleged top 10 recruiting classes under Wannstedt and still go 5-7 every year.

Comment

• jHammack
                                Noob
                                • Feb 2009

Rivals might suck but I had them both up. I closed Rivals when I started doing Wannstedt's and just didn't feel like bringing it back up.

5-7 every year... I guess every year doesn't include the past two.

Comment

Working...