X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsbuck
    Buckeye For Life
    • Dec 2008

Rumor: Pitt Joining the Big Ten

Normally I woudln't post rumors like this... but for the purely hilarity of Jhammack and Pitty having to defend the B10 in the future I am going to.

Pitt supposedly informed thier scholarship athletes that they will be moving to the Big Ten, and the athletes put it up on twitter, then were told to remove it minutes later.

I will stress that this is merely a rumor, but the word on the street (and by street I mean message boards and Twitter) is that Pitt is set to join the Big Ten, and an announcement will be made next week. Supposedly Pitt’s athletes have been informed of the move, which is how the rumor got started in the first place. The date of the announcement is allegedly February 4, which is next Thursday.
  • Woy
    RIP West
    • Dec 2008

I had a feeling lately it was either Pitt or Missouri that was going to get that spot.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Bear Pand
      RIP Indy Colts
      • Feb 2009

This is gonna be great. I'm glad they finally got it together and added a team. Even better that it happens to the Big 10 hating Pitt fans on here.

Comment

• Leftwich
        Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

The Big East is gonna disband. Bye bye Backyard Brawl... way to ruin tradition.

Originally posted by Tailback U
        It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Sven Draconian
          Not a Scandanavian
          • Feb 2009

The Big East is a joke

Pitt football.....welcome to 5-7.

Comment

• St. Francisco
            45-35 Never Forget
            • Feb 2009

Very nice...I'm sure they will also divide into two divisions of six teams, and have a conference championship. They'll automatically gain more credibility as a conference in my opinion.

Question is...are they still going to call themselves the Big Ten? Seems stupid now.

Comment

• FirstTimer
              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by St. Francisco
              Very nice...I'm sure they will also divide into two divisions of six teams, and have a conference championship. They'll automatically gain more credibility as a conference in my opinion.

Question is...are they still going to call themselves the Big Ten? Seems stupid now.
              Can't call themselves the Big 12.....So who knows?

Comment

• FedEx227
                Delivers
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by St. Francisco

Is it anymore stupid than calling yourself the Big Ten when you've had 11 teams since 1990?
                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• The Buddha
                  • Mar 2009

I wonder how they will line the teams up. And if this will have any implication on UM/OSU at the end of every year.

---

Comment

• Goober
                    Needs a hobby
                    • Feb 2009

I'm really glad this is happening, it will be interesting to see how the break up the conference.

Comment

• Woy
                      RIP West
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by The Buddha
                      I wonder how they will line the teams up. And if this will have any implication on UM/OSU at the end of every year.
                      I highly doubt it. They'll continue that series every year and play it as the last game of the regular season.

Maybe they'll set it up so OSU and Michigan can face each other in a rematch in the conference title game possibly?

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                        Buckeye For Life
                        • Dec 2008

IMO if this happens there is no chance of Ohio State/Michigan changing at all... they'll stay in the same division and meet the last week of the regular season like always.

Comment

• Gonzo
                          Colts Supremicist
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
                          IMO if this happens there is no chance of Ohio State/Michigan changing at all... they'll stay in the same division and meet the last week of the regular season like always.
                          This.

This is exciting.

Comment

• Goober
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Feb 2009

Wisconsin
                            Minnesota
                            Iowa
                            Illinois
                            Northwestern
                            Purdue

Ohio State
                            Michigan
                            Michigan State
                            Indiana
                            Penn State
                            Pittsburgh

If they do things geographically it would look like this, but I can't see this happening, 4 of the top 6 teams in football would be in the Ohio state division.

Comment

• Fox1994
                              Posts too much
                              • Dec 2008

^Then they could change it to doing it the other way geographically. Haha. Like how the "other" Big 12 should move from North-South to East-West so that OU and Texas-Austin aren't in the same division.

Okay, so, who do you all think the Pac-10 is going to take? I'm thinking Boise and Nevada... Or Boise and Utah...

Will they demote the B-East from BCS status? Or who will they replace Pitt with? What will this lead to? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

jk. Not that scary.

Comment

Working...