X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ralaw
    Posts too much
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
    This sort of thing is much more common in basketball because when a kid is like 6'5" as a 13 year old you know he's going to end up tall. It's hard to determine how this kid is going to develop physically from a football standpoint. Sure he's 6 feet tall already but he could end up not being able to put weight on his frame and that'll kill his chances at playing QB
    The kid is 13 years old, so unless he has some sort of disease or disorder he’s going to put on weight. I’m not saying he’s going to be like Tebow, but by the time he finishes highschool he probably will be around 185-200 pounds. Its pretty obvious that his kids parents are grooming him, so I’d be willing to bet at some point they’ll start messing around with his diet as well to put on weight as needed.

From a football standpoint the kid right now is competing (camps) with highschool players and doing well, so I’d expect him to only develop further as a player as well. He very well could maximize his talents early, but at 13 years old that isn’t likely to happen.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
      Posts a lot
      • Jun 2009

That team looks like it has a ton of talent. And great coaching.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
        The Greatest
        • Feb 2009

I think the NCAA needs to get a hold of this shit. This is the 2nd year in a row that Kiffin has gone after junior high kids.

13-year-olds shouldn't have to be dicking around with the whole recruiting process.

Comment

• NAHSTE
          Probably owns the site
          • Feb 2009

This kid is 6'0 right now. I went to middle school with a kid who was 6'3 last day of 8th grade, and thought he would be a big time basketball player. When we graduated high school four years later, he was still 6'3. Went from a big man to a perimeter guy in 4 years and never got a scholly.

So, this kid could end up not fulfilling his promise and not growing into a D1 recruit. But I'm sure Lane Kiffin will honor the scholarship offer no matter what.
          Last edited by NAHSTE; 02-06-2010, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• SHOGUN
            4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
            • Jul 2009

This has been happening in college basketball for time now, it was only a matter of time before it permeated into football.

Still retarded, though.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• padman59
              Slayer of Demons
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
              I think the NCAA needs to get a hold of this shit. This is the 2nd year in a row that Kiffin has gone after junior high kids.

13-year-olds shouldn't have to be dicking around with the whole recruiting process.
              I thought this headline sounded familiar. So has the other kid switched his commitment from Tennessee to USC yet?

Comment

• Argath
                $2 whore
                • Apr 2009

You guys are also forgetting the kid is 13 years old. Who says the kid sticks with football as his main sport? Maybe he decides he likes baseball better than football and decides to take a baseball scholarship somewhere. A lot changes in a kid's mind in 5 years, especially when going through puberty

Comment

• NAHSTE
                  Probably owns the site
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JTW
                  Billy Gillispie is sitting in a bar in Texas going, "See dammit, I started a trend," to whoever will listen to him (IE nobody).
                  This picture never gets old to me:

I can't decide if Billy G has the biggest cheese dick facial expression, or if it's #11, #14, the white guy leaning back in the sweats as if he's getting a BJ, or the guy bending over with the ball in his arm. But the picture is astounding to look at, Gillispie seems like such a douche.

And here is a quote from the 13 year old kid's father:

"The way I look at it is if David was a phenomenal mathematician and I held him back, wouldn't that be wrong? If he was a great piano player or a gifted child actor and I held him back, wouldn't that be wrong?" Sills' father asked. "There are a lot of things that people don't put a negative stigmatism to because they're considered prodigies and all I'm doing is saying David has been recognized as a decent athlete and I'm allowing him to fulfill whatever opportunities that he can. It's as simple as that. There's no pressure, there's gentle encouragement. He's the one that always says dad let's go to the gym and let's throw. It's what he enjoys doing. If he ever got to a point where he doesn't love what he does I told him to stop."
                  "You keep using that word, I don't think you know what it means"
                  Last edited by NAHSTE; 02-06-2010, 03:47 AM.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                    War Hero
                    • Dec 2009

Billy Gillespie didn't actually start the trend of recruiting middle schoolers. Michael Beasley commited to Charlotte as an 8th grader

Comment

• strahanfan92
                      Meat
                      • Aug 2009

This is the biggest thing out of my state since the Anne Marie Fahey murder..

Comment

Working...