Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colonel Angus
    No longer a noob
    • Jan 2010

Torn ACL = career killer. Hopefully they didn't pay him too much. Thank goodness TT didn't overspend on that sack of damaged goods.

Comment

• JMeist
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by bucky
      Kampman's a very good player, but many of his sacks were hustle coverage sacks. The hustle was why I liked him so much, he did the most with the talent that he has.

My take on Kampman, having watched him his entire NFL career is:
      an above average DE, with an enourmous amount of heart and hustle. The guy never quits, but he's not the most talented. He doesn't really generate sacks himself. Like I said. A lot of his sacks were coverage sacks w/ guys like Harris, Woodsen, Collins in coverage.

I still love the guy and wish him the very best with the Jags.
      Wow what a great analysis of Kampman. Kampman was never one to burn someone off the edge or shove them out of the way. It's his motor and good coverage that got him a lot of sacks.

Don't get me wrong he is a great DE and will help any team in the 4-3. Prior to the 3-4 transition and his torn ACL he was one of the best 4-3 DE's in the league. Best of luck to him.

Comment

• MrBill
        Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Colonel Angus
        Torn ACL = career killer. Hopefully they didn't pay him too much. Thank goodness TT didn't overspend on that sack of damaged goods.
        Maybe for some skill positions but players on the line still be very productive after ACL surgery. I don't even think NFL players knew what an ACL was until about 1975, they just knew their knee hurt and they had to play through the pain...with the help of the doctor's medicine bag of course.

Comment

• Diivox
          It's the other way.
          • Apr 2009

I was not happy that after a sub par defensive performance, mccarthy said "screw it, lets just completely waste our best defensive player" . And thats what he was. our best defensive player until we decided to switch to the 3-4 and it woulda failed miserably, bailed out only by a renaissance by charles woodson and... you know what i need to stop. the packers defense is not a happy topic for me but theres still the draft i guess

Comment

• Diivox
            It's the other way.
            • Apr 2009

I was not happy that after a sub par defensive performance, mccarthy said "screw it, lets just completely waste our best defensive player" . And thats what he was. our best defensive player until we decided to switch to the 3-4 and it woulda failed miserably, bailed out only by a renaissance by charles woodson and... you know what i need to stop. the packers defense is not a happy topic for me but theres still the draft i guess

Comment

• Senser81
              VSN Poster of the Year
              • Feb 2009

Comment

• MrBill
                Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                • Feb 2009

You can say that again.

Comment

Working...