Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOHNNYTHECLOWN
    WAAAASSSSUUUUP
    • Mar 2009

if this wasn't in dallas, and it wasn't dez bryant and it wasn't roy williams, i'd say, pay your dues and stfu...

but really... really roy? obv you're bitter bout losing that starting job by week 6

Comment

• Rayman
      Spic 'n Spanish
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
      I dont get why people are praising Dez for this? Every rookie does that shit, what the fuck makes him so special that he doesnt have to do the shit all the rookies do? Shows a giant ego to me, fuck that "focused on the game" shit.. more like focused on not being "punked" and thinking hes already above rookie status.
      Yeah, he's also the first player in the 90 year history of the NFL to say "No" the first time someone told him to carry their pads.

Such a non-story, but look at what team and player we're talking about.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
        My Aunt Ida Smokes.
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by RayManHCP42
        I've never in my life heard so much misinformation about a player coming into the league as I have Dez Bryant.
        As one of the more troubled elite athletes to come up in the state of Texas in the last 4 years, I'm unsure what you think is misinformation at this point.

The only "humbling" Dez has had at this point in his career was his (unfair) ineligibility ruling.

Comment

• Rayman
          Spic 'n Spanish
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
          As one of the more troubled elite athletes to come up in the state of Texas in the last 4 years, I'm unsure what you think is misinformation at this point.

The only "humbling" Dez has had at this point in his career was his (unfair) ineligibility ruling.
          Define "one of the more troubled athletes to come up in the state of Texas in the last 4 years".

Provide specific examples.

Show me juvenile delinquencies, fights, drugs, hell, provide me some afterschool detentions if you can.

You and a bunch of others would have me believe this is a guy who committed fuckup after fuckup and will surely fuck up once more before the season can even begin.

Everything I've seen and heard from him in the last 4 months says otherwise.

I've also heard people say he's dumb as a brick, yet he made 2nd team All-Academic Big XII. He can't be a total retard if that's the case.

So prove it. He's certainly not the first athlete with family issues and last I checked, having dinner at Deion Sanders' house doesn't make you "troubled".
          Last edited by Rayman; 07-26-2010, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• JeremyHight
            I wish I was Scrubs
            • Feb 2009

I cannot wait to see this prick tied to the goalpost and left out overnight once practice is over. Then we'll see if he'll carry some pads.

Comment

• IamMedellin
              Everything Burns...
              • Nov 2008

ditto

and fuck skip bayless for defending him and saying that the commissioner should ban all rookie hazing

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                • Mar 2009

I've also heard people say he's dumb as a brick, yet he made 2nd team All-Academic Big XII. He can't be a total retard if that's the case.
                Actually, you absolutely can be.

As for the other stuff, let me get back to you later today. I SHOULD be finishing up a rough draft of a paper for school right now :nunchuck:

Comment

• Rayman
                  Spic 'n Spanish
                  • Feb 2009

Actually, you absolutely can be.

As for the other stuff, let me get back to you later today. I SHOULD be finishing up a rough draft of a paper for school right now :nunchuck:
                  Please.

It's one thing for the athletic departments to fudge things to keep players academically eligible, but to falsely receive those kinds of honors would take a special kind of shadiness.

Comment

• Rayman
                    Spic 'n Spanish
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JeremyHight
                    I cannot wait to see this prick tied to the goalpost and left out overnight once practice is over. Then we'll see if he'll carry some pads.
                    Do they still do that?

I was thinking "tied-up and thrown into the cold tub".

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                      My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                      • Mar 2009

It's one thing for the athletic departments to fudge things to keep players academically eligible, but to falsely receive those kinds of honors would take a special kind of shadiness.
                      2nd Team Academic All-Big 12 means he had between a 3.0 and a 3.2 in his major, Education. With the amount of tutoring and "help" he and most athletes get, this is hardly an indicator of intelligence.

Once again, I have to go write.

Comment

• Rayman
                        Spic 'n Spanish
                        • Feb 2009

2nd Team Academic All-Big 12 means he had between a 3.0 and a 3.2 in his major, Education. With the amount of tutoring and "help" he and most athletes get, this is hardly an indicator of intelligence.

Once again, I have to go write.
                        You're hanging around a bit for a guy who has to "go write".

Comment

• Senser81
                          VSN Poster of the Year
                          • Feb 2009

The intel I have gathered on Bryant paints the following picture:

Tough upbringing, in trouble in high school a lot but nothing criminal, took special education courses in high school and had difficulty meeting NCAA minimum academic requirements. Still, he has done well at Oklahoma State and hasn't gotten into trouble in college.

Comment

• Rayman
                            Spic 'n Spanish
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                            The intel I have gathered on Bryant paints the following picture:

Tough upbringing, in trouble in high school a lot but nothing criminal, took special education courses in high school and had difficulty meeting NCAA minimum academic requirements. Still, he has done well at Oklahoma State and hasn't gotten into trouble in college.
                            Pretty much.

I got all of from an SN pre-draft report on him. Nothing eyebrow raising.

Although I also saw that a childhood friend of his tried to involve him in something. This "something" was really bad and that childhood friend is currently serving a long prison sentence.

Good read here:

Comment

• Rayman
                              Spic 'n Spanish
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
                              I just think for a guy that was red flagged and passed on by teams with needs at the position because of "character issues" this is the wrong direction. Ray likes to bring up the police blotter to support his case all the time but just because a guy isn't arrested doesn't mean he's not a dick and cause a rift in the clubhouse. How many times has Terrell Owens been arrested? Barry Bonds? Jeff George?

You'd think slipping from the top 10 to the mid 20s and not even being the first WR taken would have been enough to humble this guy but apparently not. I'm willing to bet you anything that Tony Romo and Miles Austin were carrying around TO and Drew Henson's pads with smiles on their faces.
                              2 things.

1 - I'm not just talking about the police blotter all the time. That's just to shut up guys like you who had the nerve to compare him to Randy Moss or Q-bert Jones. Players and coaches alike from OSU repeatedly said he's anything but a diva. There were no on-field issues to speak of. Wow, he was late to practices as a freshman. I tell ya, that's a team cancer if I ever saw one!

2 - Seeing as how Tony Romo showed up before Drew Henson, I doubt he was made to carry jack shit by that two-sport reject.

Like I keep saying, it's one stinking practice and I expect it to be a non-issue as the week proceeds. The only reason this gets mentioned at all is because it's the Cowboys and it's the receiver everyone in the media says is a bad egg, yet no one can come up with a legitimate reason why.

And the only reason you posted it here is to somehow justify your team's passing on him for a guy who probably doesn't even know how to run the passing tree.

Comment

• Chadman
                                I Am Willie Beamen
                                • Oct 2008

Whore ass mother of his

Comment

Working...