X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bucky
    #50? WTF?
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
    In the past 3 hours, I have now seen 3 different Favre stories.

"OMG Brett signs contract with Vikings"

"Brett has said he will be back"

"Breaking News: Brett still hasn't made a decision"
    And you're surprised?

Comment

• Blade
      Walking SAM site
      • Feb 2009

OchoCinco just tweeted this to TO:

@OGOchoCinco: @terrellowens How come Favre isnt a attention whore but we get hell for having fun but he makes spectacle about coming back

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Blade
        OchoCinco just tweeted this to TO:

@OGOchoCinco: @terrellowens How come Favre isnt a attention whore but we get hell for having fun but he makes spectacle about coming back
        They are right on the money.

Favre is never covered as an attention whore when he's the worst of them all. He just cloaks it in whiteness and Wrangler jeans.
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• dope
          Allons-y!
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by bucky
          That's one of the things that pissed Brett off in GB, though he may see things differently now.
          The Vikings are in a different boat than the Packers were concerning that. They don't own him shit, and they can't sit there and worry about offending him should they go out and try to find his heir apparent.

Comment

• bucky
            #50? WTF?
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dope
            The Vikings are in a different boat than the Packers were concerning that. They don't own him shit, and they can't sit there and worry about offending him should they go out and try to find his heir apparent.
            Dope, my view, at the time, was, the Packers shouldn't have to worry about offending him by drafting a young QB either. To me, the real issue is that Brett WAS offended. What can you expect an organization to do with an aging QB that keeps talking about retirement. The GB org did the right thing drafting the young QB whether Brett was offended or not.

Comment

• ralaw
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
              They are right on the money.

Favre is never covered as an attention whore when he's the worst of them all. He just cloaks it in whiteness and Wrangler jeans.
              He or the media and fans?

Comment

• dope
                Allons-y!
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by bucky
                Dope, my view, at the time, was, the Packers shouldn't have to worry about offending him by drafting a young QB either. To me, the real issue is that Brett WAS offended. What can you expect an organization to do with an aging QB that keeps talking about retirement. The GB org did the right thing drafting the young QB whether Brett was offended or not.
                I agree they shouldn't have allowed a player that sort of power to get an organization to bend to his will and walk on eggshells trying not to offend. The Packers though are the only team where he did earn that respect, no other team has to treat him that way, cause this is a business first and foremost.

Sadly the babying the Packers gave to him through the years have breed this type of behavior from him that we see today. By the organization and fan base treating him as a holy figure for so long he feels the whole league needs to.

Comment

• FedEx227
                  Delivers
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
                  He or the media and fans?
                  Tough to say really.

He uses the media as his pawns throughout these processes, but it's tough to blame him for that if they keep catering to it.
                  VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• jeffx
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                    He uses the media as his pawns throughout these processes, but it's tough to blame him for that if they keep catering to it.

this.

Comment

• Spidey
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
                      People thought the world was flat for a long time as well. BTW, Brett just threw another TD against the Packers while I was typing this.
                      Is this suppose to anger me or be some sort of jab at me? I've never doubted Favre's ability. He's the best QB I have seen play the game. He ripped up the Packers D this past year. Not gonna deny that. He wasnt the only good QB to do so.

Was just stating I almost entirely disagree with your take on the events. Should be no surprise after all these years bickering. That's why I left it at that. We've been through it sooo many times. No need to do so again.

Rodgers has piled up a ton of fantasy stats and has a 17-15 record as a starter. One losing season and one winning season and a one and done playoff appearance in which he started and finished the game with horrible turnovers. He's younger than Favre and that's about it.
                      Sigh... If you for one minute could pull your head out of Favre's ass you would notice I wasn't comparing him to Favre. I wasn't saying he is better than Favre or will be better or anything of that nature. Just saying he succeeded. He panned out. He's not a bust. He's a good QB. That's it. If you can't admit that then you're about the only person I know that won't. Once that happened, it took away the pain of losing Favre for a lot of people. That was my only point.

Nice to see you've become more rational in my absence.

Comment

• jeffx
                        • Jun 2009

I could be wrong, but I think Aaron Rodgers(if he continues to develop) will have a very good career in Green Bay. How many teams can say that after losing a HOF QB? It takes some teams years to find a quality replacement.

Comment

• ralaw
                          Posts too much
                          • Feb 2009

Brett Favre says he will play if healthy

Brett Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder in Hattiesburg, Miss., on Wednesday that he has not made any decision about returning to play for the Minnesota Vikings this season and says he will play if healthy.

Favre's agent, Bus Cook, said in a statement to the NFL Network on Wednesday that the quarterback has an appointment with Dr. James Andrews next week and will know more at that time. Andrews performed surgery on Favre's ankle in May

Favre denied sending text messages to Vikings teammates and club officials that might have indicated he had decided to retire.

Favre told ESPN that he has decided to play for Minnesota in 2010 if his surgically repaired ankle heals but said the fact he has not been able to decide his future reflects his level of concern about regaining his health.

He hurt his left ankle in the NFC Championship Game loss to the New Orleans Saints.

Favre responded to a Star Tribune report that the Vikings were prepared to offer him more money for the 2010 season if he would play, insisting that his salary is not a factor in the decision. "It's not about money," he said.

Favre told ESPN he has a time frame in mind and said he has spoken to the Vikings to make them aware of the approximate date when he will make his decision. He declined to reveal that information to ESPN, however.

"As far as Brett is concerned, in spite of reports to the contrary, Brett's situation has nothing to do with his contract, but everything to do with his health and ability to contribute to that team and play at a level that he has been accustomed to playing over the years," Cook told the NFL Network.
                          Brett Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder that he has not made any decision about returning for the 2010 season and says he will play if healthy.

Comment

• Spidey
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jeffx
                            I could be wrong, but I think Aaron Rodgers(if he continues to develop) will have a very good career in Green Bay. How many teams can say that after losing a HOF QB? It takes some teams years to find a quality replacement.
                            Which was essentially my point. Rodgers play has been good and he shows tons of potential. That helped a lot of Packer fans move on after Favre's departure. If he would have flopped, GB would still be in an uproar and TT and MM would surely be gone.

But of course with Bill, any pro-packers talk (a team he claims to be a fan of, or at least did) or pro-Rodgers talk is immediately interpretted as anti-favre and he goes into blind and irrational Favre defense mode.

Comment

• Rayman
                              Spic 'n Spanish
                              • Feb 2009

Above all else, LMAO @ Favre going super redneck and conducting an interview with the snivelling Ed Werder in front of an active diesel engine.

Comment

• Diivox
                                It's the other way.
                                • Apr 2009

For me I don't know that Rodgers had anything to do with it. my evaluation of Rodgers is completely independent of Favre. right now I think that he is a very good statistical quarterback and does a fine job in the regular season on the whole but he doesn't have that extra gear, he isn't "clutch". There were a couple of moments in the Vikings games last year where I was like "Okay man, this is why we gave you the money, this is why we beleived in you, so you can make some shit happen here" and he almost never delivers in this moments.

But it's pointless to put it Favre vs Rodgers. Favre is going to be done for good this year os the next. So when Rodgers melts under pressure, I dont put him against a quarterback who isnt going to be around soon anyway. the more appropriate comparison for Rodgers is other guys in his draft class, and he's doing a pretty good job vs them.

The reason I have turned on number 4 is mostly because of the media circus he creates over this. seriously. he's more dramatic than a hood rat. he clearly loves the attention, and he goes out of his way to create circumstances that put eyes on him, and the espn's and pft's of the world soak that shit up because its easy to write articles about a storyline that happens every year and doesn't really change much. and in regards to why the packers moved on, he appears to be completely clueless about the reasons, and to sign with the archrivals, even that alone wouldnt be so bad because from a football perspective there isnt anything close to a better fit for him. all of these things together make me really despise him now though.

look, i just watched the 96 superbowl the other night on NFLN, it was great to bring back those memories, and no matter what happens ill still have them. but its like slim charles said to bodie: the thing about the old days, is they the OLD days. that shit was 14 years ago. i appreciate him for that time, but that doesnt mean im gonna MrBill him when he's a fuckbag today.

Comment

Working...