X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
    Peyton Hillis, Arian Foster and Ahmad Bradshaw are the 3 who probably made none of the lists but would be in most today

(Bradshaw is borderline top 10 with the likes of McCoy, Gore, SJax, McFadden)
    Anyone who thinks Jackson is a borderline top 10 back should just admit that they haven't seen him play very much. Watch two Rams games start to finish, then go ahead and name 3 RB's with a better blend of size, speed, power, and receiving ability. Anything lower than 5th is pretty foolish.

Comment

• Primetime
      Thank You Prince
      • Nov 2008

I think this season for the Packers shows just how good Ryan Grant really is.

With such a horrible run blocking offensive line, Ryan Grant still put up 1253 yards last season and scored 11 touchdowns. Easily the most significant of the 13 players the Packers have put on IR this year.

Packers 4 running backs this year have 256 carries for 917 yards. Only 3.5 yards per carry with 5 TD's and 2 fumbles.

We were 2nd in the league last year in 3rd down conversion percentage and Grant was a huge part of that. This year, we're 11th.

Our rushing game has taken a tole on the entire offense and Ryan Grant was the guy you could trust on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2. We simply don't have that this year.

Comment

• NAHSTE
        Probably owns the site
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        Anyone who thinks Jackson is a borderline top 10 back should just admit that they haven't seen him play very much. Watch two Rams games start to finish, then go ahead and name 3 RB's with a better blend of size, speed, power, and receiving ability. Anything lower than 5th is pretty foolish.

Originally posted by Primetime232
        I think this season for the Packers shows just how good Ryan Grant really is.

With such a horrible run blocking offensive line, Ryan Grant still put up 1253 yards last season and scored 11 touchdowns. Easily the most significant of the 13 players the Packers have put on IR this year.

Packers 4 running backs this year have 256 carries for 917 yards. Only 3.5 yards per carry with 5 TD's and 2 fumbles.

We were 2nd in the league last year in 3rd down conversion percentage and Grant was a huge part of that. This year, we're 11th.

Our rushing game has taken a tole on the entire offense and Ryan Grant was the guy you could trust on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2. We simply don't have that this year.

:obama:

Because Brandon Jackson is terrible Mike McCarthy is a shitty playcaller, Grant's stock goes up? All while not playing?

Comment

• Blick
          The Judge
          • Mar 2009

Jamaal Charles clowns a lot of people in this thread.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
            Ryan Luxem
            • Dec 2008

I like AP better than Johnson.

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
            I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• Miggy
              The Situation
              • Nov 2008

Hillis laughs at you retards for not picking him
              [10-08, 21:30] JayDizzle An alligator will kill you the fuck dead

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Miggy
                I know you are Venezuelan, but I don't think that's how you say fumble in Spanish.

Comment

• dave
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Miggy

Your fascination with The Situation is very, very gay.
                  I like you nonetheless, but pick a new hero.
                  Preferably one with boobs.
                  My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Blick
                    The Judge
                    • Mar 2009

They put up a graphic during the Chiefs game that Jamaal Charles has the highest career YPC ever for a RB with a minimum of 400 carries.

He's awesome.

Comment

• Woy
                      RIP West
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                      Peterson has re-established himself as the #1 back and Thomas Jones is horrible. He gets so little yards after contact in comparison to Jamaal Charles who get's quite a lot of yards after contact.
                      How the fuck did Peterson re-establish himself as the #1 back? CJ is running behind a mediocre offensive line that misses Kevin Mawae, facing more 8-9 man fronts than any back in the game and played about half the season without a passing threat and yet he leads the league in 100-yard games with 8. He hasn't shown anything to relinquish his spot at the top and Peterson hasn't put up out of this world numbers to overtake him.

Forgive CJ2K for being human this year, geez.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Aso
                        The Serious House
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Soulja Woy
                        How the fuck did Peterson re-establish himself as the #1 back? CJ is running behind a mediocre offensive line that misses Kevin Mawae, facing more 8-9 man fronts than any back in the game and played about half the season without a passing threat and yet he leads the league in 100-yard games with 8. He hasn't shown anything to relinquish his spot at the top and Peterson hasn't put up out of this world numbers to overtake him.

Forgive CJ2K for being human this year, geez.
                        Kevin Mawae was trash last year despite making the pro-bowl. He made the pro-bowl off of reputation last year. Adrian Peterson's offensive line isn't very good either, probably worse. The Vikings QB's haven't played well, as well and without Sidney Rice he was facing a lot of 8 man fronts. I think Adrian Peterson also gets more yards after contact (on runs that aren't 60, 70 yarders where they break a tackle at the LOS and are off) and has fixed his fumbling problem as well. It's also not as if Chris Johnson statistically is that much better if at all than Adrian Peterson.

Comment

• Woy
                          RIP West
                          • Dec 2008

Kevin Mawae was trash last year despite making the pro-bowl. He made the pro-bowl off of reputation last year. Adrian Peterson's offensive line isn't very good either, probably worse. The Vikings QB's haven't played well, as well and without Sidney Rice he was facing a lot of 8 man fronts. I think Adrian Peterson also gets more yards after contact and has fixed his fumbling problem as well. It's also not as if Chris Johnson statistically is that much better if at all than Adrian Peterson.
                          If Kevin Mawae was trash last year, then I don't know what word would describe the interior line this year. Point is, Mawae is a much better player than Eugene Amano and made that line better.

The Titans' offensive line was once ranked the worst in football in regards to run blocking this year. If you would actually watch a game, you'd see why. Amano gets blown up right after the snap 80% of the time, Jake Scott lets defensive tackles slide right by him, Leroy Harris commits about two holding calls a game, David Stewart has been mediocre and Michael Roos has been trash. Part of that is because of the 8-9 fronts that CJ sees almost every play, but the offensive line is that bad this year. I seriously don't think the Vikings have the same problems.

I just don't know how you can say AP "re-established" himself as the top back when his stats are similar to CJ's. He's not outplaying him much, if at all like Johnson did last season after 2000+ rushing yards and the all-purpose yard record. When AP goes out and has a clear superior season over Johnson, then you can "re-establish" him as the NFL's best back, McShay.

Comment

• Aso
                            The Serious House
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Soulja Woy
                            If Kevin Mawae was trash last year, then I don't know what word would describe the interior line this year. Point is, Mawae is a much better player than Eugene Amano and made that line better.

The Titans' offensive line was once ranked the worst in football in regards to run blocking this year. If you would actually watch a game, you'd see why. Amano gets blown up right after the snap 80% of the time, Jake Scott lets defensive tackles slide right by him, Leroy Harris commits about two holding calls a game, David Stewart has been mediocre and Michael Roos has been trash. Part of that is because of the 8-9 fronts that CJ sees almost every play, but the offensive line is that bad this year. I seriously don't think the Vikings have the same problems.

I just don't know how you can say AP "re-established" himself as the top back when his stats are similar to CJ's. He's not outplaying him much, if at all like Johnson did last season after 2000+ rushing yards and the all-purpose yard record. When AP goes out and has a clear superior season over Johnson, then you can "re-establish" him as the NFL's best back, McShay.
                            The majority of the reason I didn't want Peterson as much as I would Johnson last year was mostly because of Peterson's fumbling. He has no fumbles this year compared to 16 in the last years. This year Peterson is running behind a bad offensive line as well and churning out the tough yards and not one huge run a game. I'd personally rather have Peterson as my starting RB than Johnson. If you like Johnson better that's fine. I could be wrong as well.

Comment

• Woy
                              RIP West
                              • Dec 2008

The majority of the reason I didn't want Peterson as much as I would Johnson last year was mostly because of Peterson's fumbling. He has no fumbles this year compared to 16 in the last years. This year Peterson is running behind a bad offensive line as well and churning out the tough yards and not one huge run a game. I'd personally rather have Peterson as my starting RB than Johnson. If you like Johnson better that's fine. I could be wrong as well.
                              Reading back through the thread, you had Peterson at #4 coming into this season. Is his solved fumbling problem the only reason why he jumped three spots to "re-establish" himself as the top back?

I honestly don't care if you list Peterson over Johnson, even though I disagree with it. It's just how you worded it, saying he "re-established" himself like he has had a superior season to his competitors. He's been having the same season as Johnson, MJD and Jackson with some very good games sprinkled in with some bad ones. He has shown nothing to jump over Johnson IMO and Johnson has likewise not shown anything to have someone jump over him. So saying that Peterson "re-established" his position as the best running back if you had someone over him is just stupid.

Comment

Working...