Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

I don't think the Giants have Carr anymore, either. But I could be mistaken.

Comment

• killgod
      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      I don't think the Giants have Carr anymore, either. But I could be mistaken.
      Yeah he's in San Fran now isn't he?

Comment

• FirstTimer
        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by The HNIC
        That extra year cost him around $10 million in guaranteed money if he went where he was projected to (1st ovr). Instead Alex Smith got that money. Being that his rookie deal is going to be the biggest payday of his life, I bet he does regret going back to school for what basically became the most expensive senior year of college in history.
        I'm betting he would have lasted maybe 2-3 years in San Fran. Especially with Singletary coming in. IMO he makes up the money by sticking around in Arizona like he did.

Comment

• jeffx
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Blade
          This fool still believes he can start.....

Also why the hell are the Giants willing to waste their time with this dude? Don't they have Eli AND Carr, Carr has actually proven to be a decent backup as long as the line is good in front of him.
          Dude, look at our backup QB situation(Carr's gone and Sorgi's done for the year). We've been fortunate Eli's such an iron man. But if he goes down, we're fucked. You cats don't think Leinart would be an upgrade over Rhett Bomar?

With the unproven Rhett Bomar currently number 2 on the depth chart, a move for Arizona QB Matt Leinart would make sense for the Giants.

Comment

• Virix
            I see you
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer
            I'm betting he would have lasted maybe 2-3 years in San Fran. Especially with Singletary coming in. IMO he makes up the money by sticking around in Arizona like he did.
            If Alex Smith survived, theres probably at least a decent chance Leinart would have.

Comment

• FirstTimer
              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by The HNIC
              If Alex Smith survived, theres probably at least a decent chance Leinart would have.
              Alex Smith isn't the mental midget Leinart is. And isn't a punk ass.

Comment

• G-men
                Posts too much
                • Nov 2011

as a Giants fan, i really dont want them to trade for Leinart. and to answer jeffx's question, i would rather give Bomar a chance. id rather give an unproven guy a chance to show what he can do, then let a player who has proven to be bad lead my offense. who knows, he could turn into Kurt Warner or Tom Brady.

Comment

• Blade
                  Walking SAM site
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jeffx
                  Dude, look at our backup QB situation(Carr's gone and Sorgi's done for the year). We've been fortunate Eli's such an iron man. But if he goes down, we're fucked. You cats don't think Leinart would be an upgrade over Rhett Bomar?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/09/...i-less-giants/
                  I hear ya, but if I was you I still would let Bomar over Leinart. I mean after what 4 years, the guy still can't do anything! He has been in the same offense for 3 years now, nothing has changed, he was learning apparently under Kurt Warner, who kicked some major ass, with the same weapons minus Boldin now. But Breaston has proven he's no slouch.

So I rather have a guy in there who's been learning through camp and fresh, so you can mold him, instead of some overrated bum who has been too busy with Jacuzzi parties.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                    War Hero
                    • Dec 2009

Good luck finding someone to take him considering his salary jumps to 7+ million next year

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

The players on the team have no faith in him...he outplayed Anderson by a lot in the pre-season and they don't even want to think about giving him the nod week one. That tells me less about Leinart's play, but more about the faith the staff, and moreso his teammates have in him and about what they think of Leinart, regardless of his actual play...

Looks like he isn't a well liked team mate and the staff that inherited him wasn't and isn't a fan. Heck, it was reported in Coach Wiz's first season he wasn't a fan of Leinart, so, this turn of events shocks me none.

Should have traded him in the off-season...now, you won't get good value. Seattle should have taken him.

As for the Cardinals, they aren't going to play well this season...QB issues. Should offer Kurt Warner $20M to come back.

Comment

• Tailback U
                        No substitute 4 strength.
                        • Nov 2008

Matt Leinart is Ken Dorsey.

The only difference between the two is the heisman and the media and NFL falling for the Leinart hype, for whatever reason.

Comment

• Champ
                          Needs a hobby
                          • Oct 2008

I do not want the Giants to trade for him.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                            Noob
                            • Nov 2008

I feel sorry for Matt. At least it appears no one is bothering him about the whole USC thing? Seems to have kept his nose clean in that problem/situation.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                              Jus' bout dat action boss
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Qb
                              I believe he goes to Seattle.

No. Not happening. This is the lamest rumor ever.
                              Originally posted by ram29jackson
                              I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• JMeist
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2BruceWF
                                The players on the team have no faith in him...he outplayed Anderson by a lot in the pre-season and they don't even want to think about giving him the nod week one. That tells me less about Leinart's play, but more about the faith the staff, and moreso his teammates have in him and about what they think of Leinart, regardless of his actual play...

Looks like he isn't a well liked team mate and the staff that inherited him wasn't and isn't a fan. Heck, it was reported in Coach Wiz's first season he wasn't a fan of Leinart, so, this turn of events shocks me none.
                                This exactly. Anderson outplayed Leinart? Give me a fucking break Leinart incompleted only 6 passes through 3 games and has thrown for 1 td and 0 picks. Larry Fitz was out too for one of the games. What more do you ask of the guy? We all know he's not gonna come in and light it up. But neither is Anderson -- Anderson is a has-been.

Comment

Working...