soooo..moss to vikings.......v jax to new england?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aso
    The Serious House
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by citizenerased
    Rivers/The Chargers have also thrown more touchdown passes than the Patriots over the past two years (62 to 51), yet Moss has caught 27 compared to Jacksons 16. This is fun.

Also, please go die in a fire.
    Whoa, all because I disagree with you.

:youmad:

I could continue to go on with this but quite frankly it'll lead nowhere. Stats all by themselves are dependent on the offensive system, players around you, etc. I think Vincent Jackson is better. If he was in a pass first system and did more than what he does in San Diego then he could show why he's as good as I say he is. At this point in time it doesn't look like that'll happen but hopefully he does get traded. I trust a site that watched all of Moss' and Jackson's plays since the '08 season more than I trust some stats and you guys.

Comment

• citizenerased
      Rugby World Cup Champion
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders

I could continue to go on with this but quite frankly it'll lead nowhere. Stats all by themselves are dependent on the offensive system, players around you, etc. I think Vincent Jackson is better. If he was in a pass first system and did more than what he does in San Diego then he could show why he's as good as I say he is. At this point in time it doesn't look like that'll happen but hopefully he does get traded. I trust a site that watched all of Moss' and Jackson's plays since the '08 season more than I trust some stats and you guys.
      Translation :

Arguement lost...

Abandon Ship!
      Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Tailback U
        No substitute 4 strength.
        • Nov 2008

San Diego has run a pass first offense for the last 3 years.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

• Houston
          Back home
          • Oct 2008

I could continue to go on with this but quite frankly it'll lead nowhere

Comment

• G-men
            Posts too much
            • Nov 2011

just give it a fucking rest, youve know youre wrong for a while now and are too fucking stubborn to admit it. be a man and admit when you said something that was dumb.

Comment

• Tailback U
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by CheeLeht
              Some talk about Vincent Jackson being traded for Logan Mankins who is currently holding out for the Patriots. Jackson would need to be signed by the Chargers for this to happen. I wouldn't mind this from the Patriots standpoint because it's basically like getting Jackson for free. Mankins won't do anything this year and they won't resign him.

Also some rumors about Deion Branch being possibly traded back to the Patriots. I guess they do have a plan, rather than keep the receiving core at an average height of 5'9".
              What? Deon Branch is 5'9".

Comment

• Fox1994
                Posts too much
                • Dec 2008

Jackson caught 21.4% of Rivers completions, while Moss caught 22.3% of Brady's. Why is that 0.9% such a big showing in how much better Moss supposedly is? He caught slightly amount more of his completions. I have also used plenty of factual information. If factual information in this discussion is merely stats then this is a retarded discussion to be having.
                So he caught 0.9% more passes? That means he was a bigger part of an offense with better supporting options to compete with for passes.

And yes, you're using facts, they're just not doing too well to support your argument.

Comment

• Scorask
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fox1994
                  So he caught 0.9% more passes? That means he was a bigger part of an offense with better supporting options to compete with for passes.

And yes, you're using facts, they're just not doing too well to support your argument.
                  This is a very good point, considering that Welker has lead the league in receptions for the past 3 seasons. Its funny because the stats he keeps throwing out there seem to contradict his argument.

Edit- And again I have to add that Moss was primarily double covered.

Comment

• Fox1994
                    Posts too much
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Scorask
                    This is a very good point, considering that Welker has lead the league in receptions for the past 3 seasons. Its funny because the stats he keeps throwing out there seem to contradict his argument.

Edit- And again I have to add that Moss was primarily double covered.
                    You're basically restating everything I have. Haha. Moss has to compete with better options and was double covered, and was still a literal bigger part of his team's offense.

And, further, like you said, the stats don't defend the argument.

Comment

• Scorask
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fox1994
                      You're basically restating everything I have. Haha. Moss has to compete with better options and was double covered, and was still a literal bigger part of his team's offense.

And, further, like you said, the stats don't defend the argument.
                      I was just agreeing with you and added the tidbit about Welker. I already mentioned the BS completion % argument a few pages back, adding that Moss was primarily double/triple covered, where Jackson mostly see's single coverage, lol.

Comment

• Fox1994
                        Posts too much
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Scorask
                        I was just agreeing with you and added the tidbit about Welker. I already mentioned the BS completion % argument a few pages back, adding that Moss was primarily double/triple covered, where Jackson mostly see's single coverage, lol.
                        Ya, and thank you for that. :2thumbs:

Comment

• Woy
                          RIP West
                          • Dec 2008

8 catches, 213 yards, 1 TD for Malcolm Floyd on Sunday.

Yeah, San Diego misses that top 10 receiver who's supposedly better than Randy Moss.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Tailback U
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Soulja Woy
                            8 catches, 213 yards, 1 TD for Malcolm Floyd on Sunday.

Yeah, San Diego misses that top 10 receiver who's supposedly better than Randy Moss.
                            Like I said, Aso will be saying Malcolm Floyd is better than Larry Fitzgerald after this season.

Who knew that an undrafted receiver from the University of Wyoming could replace one of the best wide receivers in the NFL.

Comment

Working...