• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deviant
    Yes, please.
    • Nov 2008

The Most Valuable Player of The NFL...

...is Michael Vick?

Yeah... that guy. I mean, I can't name another player in the NFL that has been as on-point as this guy. Sure, his stats will be diminished because of injury, but when he's playing, I haven't seen anyone else in the league play at the level this guy has and I think last night solidified it:

Mike Vick is on another fucking planet.

I mean, he'll eventually have a bad game (my friends who are Eagles fans think that he may goof against my Giants, but even I'm skeptic of that), but I just don't see anyone else that stands out like Vick does.

62.7%, 1350 yards, 11 TD, 0 INT - 341 RUSH yards, 4 RUSH TD

And he's undefeated as a starter this season (4-0). I mean, this just may be a case of Vick just being on a hotstreak, but no one has been on his level in my opinion. I'm not even looking at this from a stat standpoint. He's playing like he's the best player in the NFL right now. I don't know how the MVP race looks to anyone else, but who else is up here with this guy?

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

Matt Cassel has more TDs than Vick.

Comment

• Sigona
      Posts too much
      • Aug 2010

Or he's just played two of the worst passing defenses in the NFL, the Lions and a Sanders-less Colts...

Comment

• Deviant
        Yes, please.
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
        Matt Cassel has more TDs than Vick.
        So do most other quarterbacks that have thrown 100+ more attempts than Vick.

Comment

• Deviant
          Yes, please.
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Sigona
          Or he's just played two of the worst passing defenses in the NFL, the Lions and a Sanders-less Colts...
          Sanders is irrelevant. He hasn't played all season and the Colts are still Top 10 in pass defense. Sanders is more important to the run defense, which is where the Colts are fuckin' atrocious.

You have a better argument telling my the Redskins are one of the worst, not the Colts.

Comment

• Sigona
            Posts too much
            • Aug 2010

That's what I said...two of the worst passing defenses in the NFL. The Skins and Jaguars. 29th and 31st. He plays the Texans in a few weeks if his vagina doesn't get split. Then the world can proclaim him king.

Comment

• Senser81
              VSN Poster of the Year
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Deviant
              So do most other quarterbacks that have thrown 100+ more attempts than Vick.
              So, Vick gets credit for not passing? Does Brandon Lloyd get MVP for his receiving stats AND his lack of rushing attempts?

Remember when Matt Schaub threw for 500 yards against the Redskins a few weeks ago?

Comment

• Deviant
                Yes, please.
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Sigona
                That's what I said...two of the worst passing defenses in the NFL. The Skins and Jaguars. 29th and 31st. He plays the Texans in a few weeks if his vagina doesn't get split. Then the world can proclaim him king.
                Ahhh, I read that wrong. Apologies. I still hold my place on the Colts comment though.

While I want to say that's a good point, he absolutely shit on both of those teams, which he should have. He dominated on offense against the Colts, he looked sharp trying to get a comeback against the Packers... and it's more than that as well. He's been consistent. It's not like he's just been showing up against certain teams and not others. His A game has been there for every team he's played. But if it take a win over the Texans to convince, then that's what it'll take.

Although the Texans are probably their own worst enemy on pass defense:

Comment

• Deviant
                  Yes, please.
                  • Nov 2008

So, Vick gets credit for not passing? Does Brandon Lloyd get MVP for his receiving stats AND his lack of rushing attempts?

Remember when Matt Schaub threw for 500 yards against the Redskins a few weeks ago?
                  No, no. My point wasn't that Vick doesn't pass, but that Vick has missed games, which is why quarterbacks have 100+ attempts on him.

Comment

• Bear Pand
                    RIP Indy Colts
                    • Feb 2009

Vick has missed games because of his playing style. He got injured on scramble. Injuries don't work as an excuse for a QB who likes to run a lot.

If he can stay healthy, keep putting up numbers, and lead the Eagles to a high seed in the NFC then yeah he'll win the MVP. Otherwise he'll get slapped with comeback player of the year or some lame award like that.

Comment

• Aso
                      The Serious House
                      • Nov 2008

Michael Vick has a TD% of 7.2 while Cassel has a TD% of 6.0. Your argument is invalid.

Comment

• ralaw
                        Posts too much
                        • Feb 2009

I don't see how anyone could deny the fact that he's played himself into MVP discussion. Vick may not, "play the position the way it was meant to be played" and may have really made some bad choices in life, but they guy is playing great football right now. We all understand he hasn't played the leagues elite defenses, but he can only play who's on the schedule and he's dominating those teams as an MVP caliber player should.

Comment

• Bear Pand
                          RIP Indy Colts
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                          Michael Vick has a TD% of 7.2 while Cassel has a TD% of 6.0. Your argument is invalid.
                          No it isn't because MVP voters don't give a shit about TD%. Not that they'd ever consider Cassel over Vick anyway.

Right now vick doesn't have a very large sample of games. Want to know what % actually matters? Cassel has played in 100% of his team's games Vick has only made an impact in 55% of his team's games.

I like Vick and would love to see him win the MVP but he isn't there yet. I hope he can stay healthy and keep winning games.

Comment

• Archer
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

Rivers would be my MVP if he keeps going at his current pace and San Diego make the playoffs.

He is putting up great numbers with practice squad guys around him and a terrible o-line protecting him. [I know Philly has a bad o-line too]

Starting WR's/TE's for San Diego in their last game:

Seyi Ajirotutu
                            Patrick Crayton
                            Kris Wilson
                            Randy McMichael
                            Buster Davis
                            Richard Goodman

Comment

• Senser81
                              VSN Poster of the Year
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                              I would hope Vick would have a higher TD%! He has thrown 100+ fewer pass attempts than most other QBs.

Comment

Working...