X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manchild24
    Kyle got fired
    • Nov 2008

Report: Favre will be fined in Sterger case

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that a decision on the Jenn Sterger case against Brett Favre is expected to come in the next 48 hours.

Schefter says that Favre "is expected to be disciplined," and FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that it will be a fine, but not a suspension, for the future Hall of Famer. Interim coach Leslie Frazier has said Favre (concussion) will start this weekend if healthy, so it's possible we could see him one last time. Dec. 29 - 9:40 am et
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

Quite the toothless penalty, not that I was expecting any punishment at all.

Comment

• Blade
      Walking SAM site
      • Feb 2009

Fuck that guy...

Comment

• ralaw
        Posts too much
        • Feb 2009

IMO this entire situation is sort of suspect....from Sterger seemingly being forced to come out with it then her acting as if she was really offended by it....to Goodell taking his pretty little time with the punishment, as to be sensitive to Favre's legacy. In the end Sterger tried to get her 15 minutes and other than taking the time to google her name and see some pics I really don't care.

Comment

• NAHSTE
          Probably owns the site
          • Feb 2009

Funniest Deadspin comment so far: "Good decision. The quantities involved were clearly too small to presume an intent to distribute"

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

A slap on the wrist and a small lesson to those who involve themselves with Sports Figures for money...

If they really wanted to hurt Favre on this one, just put him out there one more time and waive any and all penalties involving hitting the Quarterback.

Let him go out on a high note... as he's being carried off on a gurney.

Comment

• MrBill
              Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
              • Feb 2009

So basically Goodell waited until the morning after the statute of limitations passed for Sterger to file a lawsuit and then said the NFL couldn't really find anything in their investigation that could be proven one way or the other and if he had found anything, the penalty would have been significantly more substantial than the $50K for what he perceived as Favre's lack of cooperation.

Sterger exactly what she deserved from this case, which was nothing.

On the basis of the evidence currently available to him, Commissioner Goodell could not conclude that Favre violated league policies relating to workplace conduct. The forensic analysis could not establish that Favre sent the objectionable photographs to Sterger. The review found no evidence to contradict the statements of both Favre and Sterger that they never met in person, nor was there anything to suggest that Sterger engaged in any inappropriate conduct.

However, Commissioner Goodell also determined that Favre was not candid in several respects during the investigation, resulting in a longer review and additional negative public attention for Favre, Sterger, and the NFL. The commissioner notified Favre that he has been fined $50,000 for his failure to cooperate with the investigation in a forthcoming manner. Commissioner Goodell stated to Favre that if he had found a violation of the league's workplace conduct policies, he would have imposed a substantially higher level of discipline.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

In my head, I picture Mr Bill and Aaron posting from opposite ends of a table, exchanging high fives after every pro-Favre post.

Comment

• MrBill
                  Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by North
                  In my head, I picture Mr Bill and Aaron posting from opposite ends of a table, exchanging high fives after every pro-Favre post.
                  Kind of how you and FT do the same thing after every anti-Favre post?

Comment

• NAHSTE
                    Probably owns the site
                    • Feb 2009

I thank good posts. Just so happens FT is a better poster than you.

Comment

• Cryolemon
                      English Dolphins Fan
                      • Dec 2008

I think both Favre and Sterger have been asshats about this. I'm guessing that the Jets are pleased that neither is still there.

Comment

• f16harm
                        -
                        • Feb 2009

I think both the league, and the media, have misjudged just how much of a fucking shit the general public and NFL fans care about this story.

I couldn't give 2 shits about Jen Sterger unless her apple ass and silky smooth meat curtains are gracing my retinas. The only reason this broad is where she is, is because she was known as the "hot chick with the cowboy hat and big tits popping out" at Florida State football games.

Comment

• Senser81
                          VSN Poster of the Year
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by f16harm
                          I think both the league, and the media, have misjudged just how much of a fucking shit the general public and NFL fans care about this story.

I couldn't give 2 shits about Jen Sterger unless her apple ass and silky smooth meat curtains are gracing my retinas. The only reason this broad is where she is, is because she was known as the "hot chick with the cowboy hat and big tits popping out" at Florida State football games.
                          Agreed. The damage has already been done to Favre's reputation. People are either going to ignore it (MrBill), embrace it (FT), or not really change your opinion. My opinion of Favre was great football player, meathead person, and that hasn't changed. And now I REALLY don't care, because the story is about the NFL's investigation. Who cares? Sterger is mad. Favre is uncooperative. Oh well. Both are probably horrible people.

This Favre-Sterger "story" is more manufactured than a dave "What's the deal with...?!" thread. Ugh.

Comment

• MrBill
                            Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                            • Feb 2009

I wouldn't be so quick to say that I ignore it, I know that Favre has many flaws and my personal opinion of him is not so far off from yours. If he hadn't been able to throw a football through a wall with accuracy, he probably would have ended up an alcoholic working in the shrimping or oil industry on the coast. My opinion of him as a football player is probably a bit higher than it should be but since we went to school together and he ended up being one of the best players in NFL history for my favorite team, a little latitude should be granted.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
                              Kind of how you and FT do the same thing after every anti-Favre post?
                              I'm not "anti-Favre". I'm anti-your stupid ass.

Originally posted by Senser81
                              Agreed. The damage has already been done to Favre's reputation. People are either going to ignore it (MrBill), embrace it (FT), or not really change your opinion. My opinion of Favre was great football player, meathead person, and that hasn't changed. And now I REALLY don't care, because the story is about the NFL's investigation. Who cares? Sterger is mad. Favre is uncooperative. Oh well. Both are probably horrible people.
                              Frankly, I don't really care about this story either way. I'm just tired of hearing about the case.

Nothing to embrace. In fact outside of this post I'm not sure I've ever even commeted on this case in any way.

I'm not "anti-Favre" at all. My view of him is pretty much the same as yours. Stupid hick who was an amazing football player and one of the greatest QB's of all time.

Comment

Working...