X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrispy
    Needs a hobby
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SuperKevin
    Atlantic 10 when they were D1-AA. Used to play against schools like Umass and Rhode Island
    Isn't know as the Yankee Conference too?

Comment

• SuperKevin
      War Hero
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by cpollack09
      Isn't know as the Yankee Conference too?
      Not anymore it's not.

Comment

• Chrispy
        Needs a hobby
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SuperKevin
        Not anymore it's not.
        I mean when uconn was a member.

Comment

• Chrispy
          Needs a hobby
          • Dec 2008

oh nvm the Yankee conference merged with the atlantic 10

Comment

• padman59
            Slayer of Demons
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
            Still waiting for ND to jump to the Big East very soon.

Wait for Big East to get weak.

Make jump.

Rape.
            TCU beat ND to the punch on that one.

Comment

• G-men
              Posts too much
              • Nov 2011

i love how all the Big East coaches that make BCS Bowls immediately get knew gigs

Rich Rod at WVU
              Petrino at Louisville
              Kelly at Cincy
              Edsall at UConn

i guess there is a lot of love for the Big East coaches

Comment

• padman59
                Slayer of Demons
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by G-Men
                i love how all the Big East coaches that make BCS Bowls immediately get knew gigs

Rich Rod at WVU
                Petrino at Louisville
                Kelly at Cincy
                Edsall at UConn

i guess there is a lot of love for the Big East coaches
                Well, if you consider the schools that you listed, they aren't renowned for being football institutions. So if you are consistently successful at a school like UCONN, you presumably have a good chance of doing better with a bigger budget, better facilities, etc that other schools can offer.

Comment

• G-men
                  Posts too much
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by padman59
                  Well, if you consider the schools that you listed, they aren't renowned for being football institutions. So if you are consistently successful at a school like UCONN, you presumably have a good chance of doing better with a bigger budget, better facilities, etc that other schools can offer.
                  which is why im shocked Schiano didnt get picked up after 2006 with Rutgers. im sure he would have if they made a BCS Bowl that year.

Comment

• Chrispy
                    Needs a hobby
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by padman59
                    Edsall leaving for Maryland is pretty much a side step for him. Uconn spent 5 million more then Maryland did on its football program and has top notch facilities.

I did hear he had a problem with his assistant coaches salaries and wasn't on best terms with the AD. He is on more fertile recruiting soil.

Comment

• Chrispy
                      Needs a hobby
                      • Dec 2008

Randy Edsall plans to bring three UConn assistants with him to Maryland

Also most of the team is pissed at the way he handled this whole thing

Here's how a UConn freshman football player, who asked not to be identified, described how some members of the team learned of Randy Edsall's decision to go to Maryland and, what the former UConn coach said to them - and how.

No more than 25 players returned to Connecticut Sunday on the UConn charter. UConn is on break right now and many players scattered when they could. So he hadn't addressed everybody.

When the plane landed....

"We were on hold for a half-hour, with the operations manager telling us Edsall would be coming on in a few minutes. When Edsall came on he was like, "I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry I can't do this in person, but due to circumstances ... I just want to let you know that it's not because of you guys. But it's an opportunity for my family. ... I can move on feeling like I've accomplished things here and I'm leaving the program in a good way."

"A couple of coaches said that was BS. ... They didn't know about it. He hadn't told any of us.

"It really pisses me off because he made Jordan (Todman) address the team last night to say he was leaving. And he isn't man enough to do it face to face to us?"

"A lot of people were just really upset by the call. He made Todman get up and tell the whole team: 'Jordan, I think you have something to say to these guys.' He made him do it face-to-face. But he didn't do it face-to-face."

"I'm going to look [at other schools], not Big East or anything. ... When you bring in a new coach, the first three or four years [it's all developing the program)]. But these are Edsall's players, not the new guy's. ... Well, I'm going to get the --- out of here. But what happens with the incoming recruiting class? Are those guys still coming?

"The thing I'm concerned with is, am I going to get my release."

The player said they had seen Edsall this morning at the hotel. "He could have told us then, face-to-face.

According to the player, Edsall also said on the call: 'Guys, this just happened. It was a spur of the moment thing. I had no idea."

Comment

• NAHSTE
                        Probably owns the site
                        • Feb 2009

Edsall leaving for Maryland is pretty much a side step for him. Uconn spent 5 million more then Maryland did on its football program and has top notch facilities.

I did hear he had a problem with his assistant coaches salaries and wasn't on best terms with the AD. He is on more fertile recruiting soil.

You mean like the 40,000 capacity stadium that is 20 miles from UConn's campus? LOL at calling those facilities top notch. Meanwhile Byrd Stadium seats 60k, is on campus, and they have one of the more renowned weight programs in the country.

Not a lateral move at all, and only a UConn "fan" would even suggest it. I think you have never seen a real college program's facilities if you think what they have in Storrs is "top notch."

Comment

• Chrispy
                          Needs a hobby
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by North
                          You mean like the 40,000 capacity stadium that is 20 miles from UConn's campus? LOL at calling those facilities top notch. Meanwhile Byrd Stadium seats 60k, is on campus, and they have one of the more renowned weight programs in the country.

Not a lateral move at all, and only a UConn "fan" would even suggest it. I think you have never seen a real college program's facilities if you think what they have in Storrs is "top notch."
                          Forgot the stadium is the only thing that counts as a facility..... Have u even seen the Burton Family Football Complex. Idk how Maryland facilities are, their stadium may hold more people but Uconn has very nice facilities.

It its not a sidestep, its def. not a big upgrade.

And its just not Uconn fans suggesting it:

Beyond the natural stress that comes with losing any coach in January, Connecticut fans must be asking themselves why Edsall left for a program that isn't all that appreciably better. (By the same token, Terps fans have to be wondering what kind of upgrade they got. Edsall is 74-70 and his best season ever just ended with an 8-5 record; Friedgen was 75-50, led Maryland to a 9-4 record and bowl win this year, and he was told to clean out his office).

Maryland's last BCS game was 2001. UConn, of course, just got back from the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl (although not with their coach, who reportedly took a different flight to Baltimore and neglected to tell his players he was leaving). The Terrapins have a bigger stadium than Connecticut, at a capacity of 54,000, but their average home attendance this year was 39,168 while the Huskies drew 38,248 per game to Rentschler Field. The ACC has more money than the Big East, but according to this report from FanHouse last month, UConn spent nearly $5 million more on football last year than Maryland. Edsall also has an easier path to a league championship in the Big East than he does in the ACC, as was evident this year.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                            Probably owns the site
                            • Feb 2009

Forgot the stadium is the only thing that counts as a facility..... Have u even seen the Burton Family Football Complex. Idk how Maryland facilities are, their stadium may hold more people but Uconn has nice facilities.

It its not a sidestep, its def. not a big upgrade.
                            The stadium is the most important facility ... I just saw the complex on the UConn website, it's nice, but I guarantee you Maryland's weight room shits on Connecticut's. Trust me on this.

And an ACC job in a more fertile recruiting area is definitely an upgrade over a basketball school in the smallest state in Div. 1.

Comment

• Woy
                              RIP West
                              • Dec 2008

Looks like Tom Bradley is going to be the head man at Penn State once JoePa retires/dies. That's assuming if Pitt doesn't hire him now.

Fuck this.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Obst
                                RIP West
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Soulja Woy

Looks like Tom Bradley is going to be the head man at Penn State once JoePa retires/dies. That's assuming if Pitt doesn't hire him now.

Fuck this.
                                Just make sure Mike McQueary stays far away from that head coaching spot.

Comment

Working...