X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bucky
    #50? WTF?
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ShaynDaPain
    hahaha that's funny. my entire argument. not at all pimpin, just exposing Godgers to some of the fanboys who have their mouth around his cock right now.

Look at his 3 post season games.

Look at his record and regular season stats for all 3 seasons that he started.

Sorry, but 4th quarter drives aren't the only thing to look at. Stop being so narrow minded.

The guy has been proving himself, especially in the playoffs.

So exactly what are you exposing? That he's had a great 3 years as a starter? That he's been GODGERS in all of his playoff games so far?

You're not looking to smart shayn.

Comment

• Deviant
      Yes, please.
      • Nov 2008

You can't come up with your own argument? You have to ask a better poster to figure it out for you? If you don't know how the stat is skewed, and can't figure it out, then what the hell are you talking about.

hahaha that's funny. my entire argument. not at all pimpin, just exposing Godgers to some of the fanboys who have their mouth around his cock right now.

My list doesn't match the come from behind list, but you have to admit, 3 come from behind and 5 game winning drives out of 54 games is shitty. Hell this season he lost four games by 3 points, and another by 4 pts, where were his comeback drives then? Assuredly any of the top 5 QB's on that list would have at least one of those wins.

How are comebacks and game winners not important to QB's? Shouldn't every QB be able to win games? If you're good you have to have some game winners right? Some comebacks? Something to show you're the reason the team won games. All the greats have game winning drives.

Montana - 31 comebacks, 33 game winning drives. 'The Drive'. 'The Catch'. Ring a bell? "Joe Cool"
      John Elway - 35 comebacks, 46 game winning drives. "The comeback kid." Ever heard of him?
      Favre - 30 comebacks, 45 game winners.

Those are just a few of my favorites that I ran down of the top of my head.

Now when it comes to the greatest QB's of all time, comeback and game winning drives are important. Obviously it isn't a "stat" per-say, considering the fact that one QB could be trailing by 2 every game in his career and have a ton of these comebacks, and another could never been in a comeback situation. That is understood and obvious. However, when you have a QB who had just 5 game winning drives on his career, and he lost 5 games by 4 or less points this season, and I hear comment's like "I wouldn't want any other QB right now" that's just irritating.

edit: 15 of Rodgers 20 losses were by a touchdown or less. 11 were by fewer than 3 points. Where were his come from behind or game winning drives then?
      4th Quarter Comebacks and close losses are overrated. This video will show it:

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
        Laughs Unlimited
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by bucky
        Look at his 3 post season games.

Look at his record and regular season stats for all 3 seasons that he started.

Sorry, but 4th quarter drives aren't the only thing to look at. Stop being so narrow minded.

The guy has been proving himself, especially in the playoffs.

So exactly what are you exposing? That he's had a great 3 years as a starter? That he's been GODGERS in all of his playoff games so far?

You're not looking to smart shayn.
        What you are all failing to realize is that I already put Rodgers at #5 on my list earlier in this thread. He's still a top 5 QB IMO.

I ONLY bring this up because I don't want to hear "I take Rodgers over anybody." anymore.

We all know what Rodgers is, he throws for tons of yards, rushes plenty of touchdowns, but he's lost a lot of close games in his career and that's a fact. Whoever wants to take Rodgers over Manning, Brady, Brees or Big Ben can have him. I'll take the guy who's going to win the close games.
        sigpic

Comment

• Deviant
          Yes, please.
          • Nov 2008

What you are all failing to realize is that I already put Rodgers at #5 on my list earlier in this thread. He's still a top 5 QB IMO.

I ONLY bring this up because I don't want to hear "I take Rodgers over anybody." anymore.

We all know what Rodgers is, he throws for tons of yards, rushes plenty of touchdowns, but he's lost a lot of close games in his career and that's a fact. Whoever wants to take Rodgers over Manning, Brady, Brees or Big Ben can have him. I'll take the guy who's going to win the close games.
          A ton of his "close losses" came from overtime games in which he NEVER got to touch the football, his special teams never came through when he set up reasonable field goals, and his defense dumped on him after he put them in a winning position.

See the video above.

EDIT: EVEN WORSE, seven of those 15 losses you're talking about came in his first season.

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!

Comment

• packersfan4eva
            Ryan Luxem
            • Dec 2008

1. Manning - 35 fourth quarter comebacks, 46 game winning drives.
            2. Brady - 23 fourth quarter comebacks, 32 game winning drives.
            3. Big Ben - 19 fourth quarter comebacks, 25 game winning drives.
            4. Brees - 16 fourth quarter comebacks, 25 game winning drives.
            5. Rivers - 12 fourth quarter comebacks, 15 game winning drives.

Rodgers - 3 fourth quarter comebacks, 5 game winning drives.

That's the sound of the air being let out of the Godgers balloon.
            Of course, of those guys, Rodgers has the second most wins by 10 points or more.

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
            I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• Primetime
              Thank You Prince
              • Nov 2008

Rodgers final 2 drives in his 4 losses this year:

Chicago:
              1st Drive: 12 play, 77 yard drive, Rodgers TD....
              2nd Drive: Rodgers passes to J. Jones to midfield, Jones fumbles. Defense has 3 penalties on the Bears final drive to put them in position to kick the game winner with 4 seconds left in the game

Washington:
              1st Drive: Rodgers sacked immediately on 3rd down after a false start penalty brings them to a 3rd and 12 situation. Punt
              2nd Drive: Rodgers rushed quickly, throws it behind Jennings for an amazing INT by Landry.

Miami:
              1st Drive: Rodgers leads a 70 yard drive despite a holding call to score the game tying touchdown with 13 seconds left in regulation.
              2nd Drive: Jackson up the middle for 4 yards. Dropped pass on 2nd down. OLine doesn't pick up a blitz on 3rd, Rodgers gets sacked immediately. Punt.

Atlanta:
              1st Drive: 9 plays 52 yards, Jones drops a deep pass on the right side of the field on 3rd and 1.
              2nd Drive: 16 plays, 103 yards, Rodgers throws a bullet on 4th and 10 to score the game tying TD with 56 seconds left. Falcons run kick back to the ATL 36....Facemask brings it into Packers territory. ATL kicks GW FG with 9 seconds left.

Not too shabby...

Comment

• Primetime
                Thank You Prince
                • Nov 2008

BTW, Rodgers is 5-4 in games decided by one possession this year.

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                  Laughs Unlimited
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Deviant
                  A ton of his "close losses" came from overtime games in which he NEVER got to touch the football, his special teams never came through when he set up reasonable field goals, and his defense dumped on him after he put them in a winning position.

See the video above.
                  He had a chance twice in overtime this season. Once against Washington when he threw an interception on 2nd and 5. It wasn't necessarily a passing down even. Later he had the ball against Miami 2nd-6 incomplete pass, 3rd-6 sacked. 4th-6 punt. Rodgers lost the game. That was this year, in overtime, he had the ball and lost both games. Do you see my point? Game winning drives has ONLY to do with specific situations when the QB has the ball at the end of the game, can he do it. It has nothing to do with defense or any of that bullshit. My only point for bringing up close games is the fact that I see a LOT of very close games on his resume, and a piss poor 4th qtr comebacks and/or gamewinners. Did you know Rodgers has only converted game winners against the Lions and Bears? Those are the only two teams he's ever beaten from behind in the 4th quarter as well. I'm just throwing that in there as food for thought.

Originally posted by Deviant
                  EDIT: EVEN WORSE, seven of those 15 losses you're talking about came in his first season.
                  Big Ben was 15-0 as a starter his rookie season and 6 of those were winning drives. I'm just sayin.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                    Laughs Unlimited
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by packersfan4eva
                    Of course, of those guys, Rodgers has the second most wins by 10 points or more.
                    He also plays the Lions twice per year. lulz

But seriously what's his winning percentage?
                    sigpic

Comment

• kmanharris
                      Seven
                      • Oct 2008

You can't come up with your own argument? You have to ask a better poster to figure it out for you? If you don't know how the stat is skewed, and can't figure it out, then what the hell are you talking about.
                      My own argument? We have the same argument, or did you miss that. He will come in here and post the same thing he posted in another thread. But because you're an idiot, here is the argument.

Judging which QB is better based solely on 4th quarter comebacks is retarded. There is much more that goes into a game winning drive or a 4th quarter comeback than the play of the QB. What if the running back breaks off a 50+ yard run to complete the comeback, should the QB get credit for it? What if the QB gets the team into field position for a chip shot field and the kicker misses, should the QB be penalized for that?

And what constitutes a 4th quarter comeback? What if a team drives down and gets inside the 5 and the 3rd quarter ends. First play of the 4th quarter they punch it in to take the lead. Is that a 4th quarter comeback?

What makes up a come from behind victory? Is it anytime a team comes back after they are down during any point in the game? Is it only if they are down in the 2nd half? Is it only if they are down two or more scores?

See why your argument is retarded? It's way to flimsy to be taken seriously because there are too many ways to come up with the number.

Comment

• Primetime
                        Thank You Prince
                        • Nov 2008

He also plays the Lions twice per year. lulz

But seriously what's his winning percentage?
                        29-20...23-10 since his rookie starting year.

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                          Laughs Unlimited
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by kmanharris
                          Judging which QB is better based solely on 4th quarter comebacks is retarded.
                          I stopped reading here. I obviously don't judge solely on 4th quarter comebacks. I do have Rodgers as 5th on my list. Get real.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                            Laughs Unlimited
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Primetime232
                            29-20...23-10 since his rookie starting year.
                            Now how do you think that stacks up to the rest of the QB's in here? We're talking about Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Rivers and Brees?
                            sigpic

Comment

• kmanharris
                              Seven
                              • Oct 2008

I stopped reading here. I obviously don't just solely on 4th quarter comebacks. I do have Rodgers as 5th on my list. Get real.
                              You stopped reading because you don't have a real response and your argument is full of holes.

You posted an argument based on 4th quarter comebacks and then kept defending it. That was the only thing you have posted about so how am I not to assume that is all you are basing your list on?

Ahh, maybe I should have read your mind on how you truly judge and rank NFL QBs and not go by what your retarded self is posting.

Comment

• Primetime
                                Thank You Prince
                                • Nov 2008

Now how do you think that stacks up to the rest of the QB's in here? We're talking about Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Rivers and Brees?
                                Last two years:

Rivers: 22-11
                                Brees: 27-9
                                Brady: 23-10
                                Manning: 26-10
                                Big Ben: 23-11

....now, how do you think it compares? :D

Comment

Working...