Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

Who would have thought that Jay Cutler would be the galvanizing force to increase activity on VSN? This is the best thread we've had in months. I hope he fake injures his knee more often.

Comment

• FirstTimer
      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Cutlulz >>>> VSN

Comment

• Tailback U
        No substitute 4 strength.
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer
        Daily Herald= Actual Newspaper. The "blogger" there is an actual newspaper writer and journalist.

Bleacher Report=Open source blog for any Tom, Dick, or Harry to join and write for.
        What is the difference between a Daily Herald blogger and a blogger for bleacher report? They are both just two guys blogging on the internet and saying whatever they want to. Think about it, just because a guy writes for a newspaper means he is automatically telling the truth in his blog? No way man. We have seen it first hand, so many of these guys make up shit on the fly just to attract readers. Ed Werder has made a fucking career out of it.

Obviously, you're not going to find newspaper articles talking about how much of a dickhead Jay Cutler is because that's not what big time publications do. I posted those two stories because they were the first thing that popped up into google when I searched "Jay cutler dickhead" because I have heard many stories like this.

Do I actually have any proof of the situations between Cutler/Elway/Lynch/Polian, etc.? No, obviously not, since I wasn't actually there. But I've heard several of these stories and when there is smoke there is usually fire.

Comment

• FirstTimer
          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
          What is the difference between a Daily Herald blogger and a blogger for bleacher report?
          I just told you.

bnckeye27 could write for BR.

The Daily Herald "blogger" is an actual hired staff member of the newspaper who writes actual articles for a career.

That's a pretty large difference.

Quit trying to play it off.

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

What is the difference between a Daily Herald blogger and a blogger for bleacher report?
            One is heterosexual, the other is a homo.

Comment

• Tailback U
              • Nov 2008

I just told you.

bnckeye27 could write for BR.

The Daily Herald "blogger" is an actual hired staff member of the newspaper who writes actual articles for a career.

That's a pretty large difference.

Quit trying to play it off.
              I think I get it now. If Dave writes a blog it is a reputable source since he works for a newspaper. But if JayDizzle writes a blog about how his dad met Sidney Rice at the airport then it is not to be considered a reputable source since jaydizzle doesn't work a newspaper.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
                The Cutler trade saga was really the first big thread at VSN.. Other than initial MM threads.
                And it lead to the Orton spam. Then as a byproduct of Orton's shittiness the Tebow spam.

Basically VSN owes it's existance to Jay Cutler.

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                  Laughs Unlimited
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by glenwillett
                  The Cutler trade saga was really the first big thread at VSN.. Other than initial MM threads.
                  That's actually quite horrible that it's the first big thread. I've noticed VSN's level of activity just isn't as high as I remember previous forums being.

BTW, I still hate you. Cheers.
                  sigpic

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I think I get it now. If Dave writes a blog it is a reputable source since he works for a newspaper. But if JayDizzle writes a blog about how his dad met Sidney Rice at the airport then it is not to be considered a reputable source since jaydizzle doesn't work a newspaper.
                    Actual newspaper>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.VSNPerez Hilton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crack head>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...BR in terms of cred.

A newspaper writer when writing pieces like this has actual sources to verify and a career at stake if he fucks it all up and loses credibility to readers and the trust of his sources.

Any tard with a keyboard can post on BR with no reprocussions of being wrong, making things up, etc.

Overall I trust the cred of a newspaper and paid writers who need it to survive over an open source blog on the web.

Comment

• Rush
                      vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

I am disheartened an NFL fan actually thinks that way.

Comment

• Tailback U
                        • Nov 2008

Actual newspaper>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.VSNPerez Hilton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crack head>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...BR in terms of cred.

A newspaper writer when writing pieces like this has actual sources to verify and a career at stake if he fucks it all up and loses credibility to readers and the trust of his sources.

Any tard with a keyboard can post on BR with no reprocussions of being wrong, making things up, etc.

Overall I trust the cred of a newspaper and paid writers who need it to survive over an open source blog on the web.
                        No shit man. But if you actually think that all these beat writers for newspapers don't make up shit and exaggerate storylines from time to time then you are just being naive.

Like I said, I understand that bleacherreport is just a blog site, but the stories of Cutler with John Elway and John Lynch have been heard about elsewhere. Take it however you want to. Obviously I don't just believe everything on bleacher report or use it as a search engine, but in this case it works because I have heard those stories elsewhere in the past. I'm sure you have to, it was pretty widely known that Elway didn't think that highly of Cutler.

Comment

• Rush
                          vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

No shit man. But if you actually think that all these beat writers for newspapers don't make up shit and exaggerate storylines from time to time then you are just being naive.

Like I said, I understand that bleacherreport is just a blog site, but the stories of Cutler with John Elway and John Lynch have been heard about elsewhere. Take it however you want to. Obviously I don't just believe everything on bleacher report or use it as a search engine, but in this case it works because I have heard those stories elsewhere in the past. I'm sure you have to, it was pretty widely known that Elway didn't think that highly of Cutler.
                          Because John Elway is the end all-be all news source for Quarterbacks?

I had never heard of any of those stories until Rick Reilly's article. Feel free to google the sources where you supposedly already heard about them and post them if you can please.

Comment

• Woy
                            RIP West
                            • Dec 2008

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Tailback U
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Rush
                              Because John Elway is the end all-be all news source for Quarterbacks?

I had never heard of any of those stories until Rick Reilly's article. Feel free to google the sources where you supposedly already heard about them and post them if you can please.
                              Like I said, if you don't want to believe the stories then I'm perfectly ok with that. I choose to believe them because as I said before, where there is smoke, there is usually fire. Cutler is a dbag and I wouldn't put it past him to act like a dickhole to guys like Elway and Lynch at all. You think very highly of him and that's fine.

Comment

• 1ke
                                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                                • Mar 2009

I cant believe this shit is still going on....

Comment

Working...