Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

This reminds me of the old Jay Fiedler vs. Jon Kitna argument back on MM.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To9a0QIaUNc"]Jay Fiedler of 'nPLAY Foundation - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Scikotic
      Straight out the Asylum
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by shag773
      *bump*

Josh Freeman

Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Rate Sk Yds
      166 270 61.5 1723 7 2.6 10 73.1 9 53

Mark Sanchez

Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Rate Sk Yds
      129 231 55.8 1545 12 5.2 6 83 16 89

sup

BigBums, what a duncecap.

Both QBs also have 2 rushing TDs.

So Freeman had one good year, and this homer BigBucs things that Freeman is the next coming of Joe Cool? This 3 QB argument (I'm throwing Stafford in the mix, just for the hell of it) is starting to become more clear at this point....this is what it really boils down to.

Josh Freeman - You want a QB who is athletic and can create plays, go with Freeman. He's a relatively decent QB with a ton of upside. But in the end, he really hasn't won anything yet. His 24:6 TD/INT ratio season appeared to be a fluke, as he's been anything but good this season.

Matthew Stafford - More fragile than anything in your grandmother's china cabinet. Stafford will put up big numbers, if he stays healthy. He will also put up points, but he needs to stay on the field and we're yet to see what he can do in the big game. It doesn't hurt that he has arguably the best WR in the game to throw to.

Mark Sanchez - Terribly inconsistant so far in his career. Great one day, piss poor the next. He's orchestrated plenty of 4th quarter comebacks in the 2+ year career and shows he's more than a game manager at times, but he hits the wall often and finds himself in a funk. Way too streaky to be comfortable with. He is a proven winner though and has won 4 post-season road games, performing very well in all 4 of them. Shows up when the game in on the line.

My thoughts....they were drafted in the correct order.

Comment

• Scikotic
        Straight out the Asylum
        • Apr 2011

I'm not trying to make Sanchez some kind of world beater. But he is better than Freeman.
        He is. I'm not saying Freeman is a bum, but he's not nearly as good as everyone thought he would be last year. I'm very weary of the 1-hit wonder.

Freeman should be an above average QB at the very least though.

Comment

• Mogriffjr
          aka Reece
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
          I thank god for Mark Sanchez everyday. If it wasn't for him, the Jets would have had a SB ring or two these past few seasons.
          Sanchez played well the past two AFC title games ;)
          Originally posted by Nick Mangold
          Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• Scikotic
            Straight out the Asylum
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Mogriffjr
            Sanchez played well the past two AFC title games ;)
            Im thankful that people make it so blatantly obvious they don't watch Sanchez play in the playoffs, but just hate on him because he's the QB of the Jets and poses on the cover of GQ.

The fact is, Sanchez played very well in both playoff games they lost in the past two years. It was the defense that didn't hold up their end. But I guess you need to actually watch the games to know that.

Comment

• shag773
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Scikotic
              He is. I'm not saying Freeman is a bum, but he's not nearly as good as everyone thought he would be last year. I'm very weary of the 1-hit wonder.

Freeman should be an above average QB at the very least though.
              I don't think Freeman is a bum either. Just fucking with all those Freeman guys puffing their chest after last year thinking he would replicate or even surpass what he did last year, while shitting on Sanchez who quite frankly has a more impressive resume.

Comment

• BigBucs
                Unpretentious
                • May 2009

Freeman has a few bad games and the haters come out the woodworks, He out duels Brees after getting routed by the 9ers and its crickets. Hate on. Freeman will be fine, Sanchez is who he is and will never be anything more than a game manager.

I'm not trying to make Sanchez some kind of world beater. But he is better than Freeman.

Comment

• Juggernaut
                  Sitting on the Sidelines
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BigBucs
                  Freeman has a few bad games and the haters come out the woodworks, He out duels Brees after getting routed by the 9ers and its crickets. Hate on. Freeman will be fine, Sanchez is who he is and will never be anything more than a game manager.
                  Like your one to criticize us on when and when we don't show up.

Comment

• StealthShot
                    Eat it
                    • Oct 2008

If you had one game to win you would pick Sanchez over Freeman simple as that.

Comment

• BigBucs
                      Unpretentious
                      • May 2009

Would be a hard pill to swallow if I were a Jets fan too. Just the reality of things no matter how much you all try to rag on Freeman.

Freeman plays good = No Credit
                      Freeman stinking it up = No credit lots of ridicule

All the haters really have no credibility with me, call it how you see it, not how you want it to be. They gonna say he sucks anyways while Ive been said Sanchez has sucked since he was drafted and he has done nothing to prove otherwise.

Freeman has been bipolar this season. One week he looks good the next he throws 3 or 4 picks but we have all seem him perform up to Franchise level while Sanchez has been nothing more than a game manager and will never be more than that. No amount of trolling, groans etc.... will change those facts.

Not gonna run circles around the same arguments but Sanchez is in a perfect situation and is still shit.

Originally posted by StealthShot
                      If you had one game to win you would pick Sanchez over Freeman simple as that.
                      Freeman no doubt. He has like 9 4th qtr comebacks. Not even a difficult decision. He HAS put the team on his back on multiple occasions.

Comment

• Juggernaut
                        Sitting on the Sidelines
                        • Dec 2008

Freeman no doubt. He has like 9 4th qtr comebacks. Not even a difficult decision. He HAS put the team on his back on multiple occasions.
                        Freeman HAS 8 4th qtr comebacks. Sanchez HAS 7 4th qtr comebacks.

Oh yea, he also HAS 4 road playoff victories. "Not even a difficult decision."

Keep trying.

Comment

• BigBucs
                          Unpretentious
                          • May 2009

Thats all good and well bro. If you are happy with your QB and Im happy with mines then we all win, no?

Comment

• Houston
                            Back home
                            • Oct 2008

we all win, no?

Not Josh Freeman, not last Sunday.

Comment

• Juggernaut
                              Sitting on the Sidelines
                              • Dec 2008

Thats all good and well bro. If you are happy with your QB and Im happy with mines then we all win, no?
                              Shocking revelation!

Originally posted by Juggernaut
                              At the end of the day, I'm happy Sanchize is a Jet and Freeman is a Buc. Both players are on the same tier, but I'd be more comfortable with Sanchize at the helm.
                              9 months later, and the same arguments are being hashed over.

Comment

• BigBucs
                                Unpretentious
                                • May 2009

This is my final word on this shit. Its not even debatable who the better QB is. fact is Sanchez has had more success from a W/L standpoint because of his team. Freeman is just flat out the better QB of the two but doesnt have the same supporting cast.

You want to act like that isnt the truth so be it, I dont blame you for defending your QB, you are stuck with him but thats just what it is and anyone who isnt acting like a bitch just to spite me would admit the same.

Comment

Working...