X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FreemanTheGod
    Its current although Im sure body of work was factored into some of these rankings, also these are rankings according to current NFL players. They voted on their peers. Im surprised there isnt more talk about this.

How can anyone shit on T.O? He still shits on most DB's in the league and produces anywhere he goes. He definitely deserves to be on the list. McNabb though, GTFO!
    McFadden - led Oakland's 6th rated offense despite having crap at QB. Had 1157 yards rushing in only 13 games, also had 47 receptions for 507 yards (a 10+ avg for a RB!). Had 10 TDs. 5th in the NFL in yards from scrimmage.

Owens -a player on Cincy's 22nd rated offense. 72 receptions for 983 yards and 9 TDs. Nice, but not really top 100 material, and in no way is it better than McFadden's 2010 season.

I guess you have resumed your sucky posting "schtick". For shame.

Comment

• Blick
      The Judge
      • Mar 2009

How about we stop bitching about the order and post cool shit, like Eric Berry looking awesome.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
        Laughs Unlimited
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
        McFadden - led Oakland's 6th rated offense despite having crap at QB. Had 1157 yards rushing in only 13 games, also had 47 receptions for 507 yards (a 10+ avg for a RB!). Had 10 TDs. 5th in the NFL in yards from scrimmage.

Owens -a player on Cincy's 22nd rated offense. 72 receptions for 983 yards and 9 TDs. Nice, but not really top 100 material, and in no way is it better than McFadden's 2010 season.

This is a player voted list. I'm sure some guys are voting based on career performance and others are voting on recent performance. There isn't some stat geek in a back room inventing an equation to measure RB's up to Left Guards. I think Owens being in the bottom 10% points to the fact players are for the most part voting on who is the best player today.

Owens is still good today though. You list his stats, that's fine and good but remember that was over just 13 games, and in his 13th game he had just 1 for 22 yds so throw that one out really. Fact is Owens was putting in work and was leading the NFL in yards, and was nearly on pace for a 100 reception season. I know you understand stats don't tell you the whole story. Owens will block and block with the best of them, he gives CB's fits because he's willing to go over the middle making his range of route running much wider that most, and you have to admit that teams have to gameplan for this guy still.

Now I don't know about McFadden being so low on this list either, all I can say is there is only enough room on the list for 100 players, and if his peers don't respect him enough now to put him higher they soon will.

I have no idea why McNabb is on this list though. I think for a shitty QB he's had a lot of highlights and wow moments so maybe that's why players voted for him, but he's still a shitty QB IMO.
        sigpic

Comment

• Senser81
          VSN Poster of the Year
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by §hayn•Da•Pain
          This is a player voted list. I'm sure some guys are voting based on career performance and others are voting on recent performance.
          So what you are saying is this list is about as correct as the 2011 VSN Poster Madness results?

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
            • Feb 2009

PFW yearly top 100 issue >>>>>>>NFLN top 100.

Id prefer coaches and Gms take. Players never seem to know wth they are talking about.
            Always the last to know when a player is done , always the first to overrate a guy that got the better of them , half these guys dont even watch any games or footage outside of that weeks opponents.
            Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Owens hasn't been one of the top 100 players for 3 or 4 years. There isn't a GM or player personel guy in the league who would take him over McFadden.

And I can name 100 players in the NFC i'd rather have on my team than Josh Freeman. I can't imagine he's on the list like bigbucs claims.

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                Laughs Unlimited
                • Nov 2008

So what you are saying is this list is about as correct as the 2011 VSN Poster Madness results?
                U mad bro?

I know two things about the 2011 VSN Poster Madness threads. 1 - I have no idea who won because I didn't keep track or participate in those threads and 2 - You seem to be butt hurt about losing. I didn't know you cared that much.

But I digress, you're right this top 100 list is already shaping up to be a work of trash.
                sigpic

Comment

• BigBucs
                  Unpretentious
                  • May 2009

Im glad you hold your opinions in such high regard but I can give 2 shits about that list. T.O = Consistency. He has a good year on a shit team with a shit QB as a WR. He produces everywhere he goes, last year was no different. T.O > McFadden.

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                  Owens hasn't been one of the top 100 players for 3 or 4 years. There isn't a GM or player personel guy in the league who would take him over McFadden.

And I can name 100 players in the NFC i'd rather have on my team than Josh Freeman. I can't imagine he's on the list like bigbucs claims.
                  Of course no GM would take T.O over McFadden simply because he is 37. Im talking about T.O. still being a top WR in the game. Your WRs have been shit so long you wouldnt know what a good WR looks like.

As for Freeman being on the list, I didnt claim he is. I said that I know that there were 4 teams who only have 1 player on the list, the Bucs werent one. Therefore in addition to Mike Williams, who I know is 83, Freeman, Penn and Talib should be on. Im almost positive Freeman will make it when 12 QB's are on the list.

BTW, Freeman > Mr. Checkdown.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
                    No longer a noob
                    • Jan 2010

If Aaron Rodgers isn't #1 then this list is complete BS.

Comment

• BigBucs
                      Unpretentious
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Colonel Angus
                      If Aaron Rodgers isn't #1 then this list is complete BS.
                      You and I both know that Manning or Brady will be the highest ranked QB's.

Comment

• Senser81
                        VSN Poster of the Year
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by §hayn•Da•Pain
                        U mad bro?

I know two things about the 2011 VSN Poster Madness threads. 1 - I have no idea who won because I didn't keep track or participate in those threads and 2 - You seem to be butt hurt about losing. I didn't know you cared that much.
                        LOL, I didn't think that my bashing of the trainwreck known as 2011 VSN Poster Madness would be viewed as a personal attack. I thought its suckage was common knowledge. If you were really into 2011 VSN Poster Madness, then thats your thing, but its not something I really waste my time on.

Comment

• Senser81
                          VSN Poster of the Year
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FreemanTheGod
                          Im glad you hold your opinions in such high regard but I can give 2 shits about that list. T.O = Consistency. He has a good year on a shit team with a shit QB as a WR. He produces everywhere he goes, last year was no different. T.O > McFadden.
                          Way to stick to your guns, fuckhole. McFadden was a running/receiving threat on a terrible offense and finished 5th in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. And you think T.O.'s 2010 season was superior to THAT? I never said that TO was inconsistent or unproductive, so take the stick out of your ass and start posting something relevant.

I had such somewhat high hopes for you. Sad.

Comment

• bucky
                            #50? WTF?
                            • Feb 2009

LOL, I didn't think that my bashing of the trainwreck known as 2011 VSN Poster Madness would be viewed as a personal attack. I thought its suckage was common knowledge. If you were really into 2011 VSN Poster Madness, then thats your thing, but its not something I really waste my time on.
                            Don't say that two loudly. W2B may hear you. He's very sensitive about it.

Comment

• bucky
                              #50? WTF?
                              • Feb 2009

Guess you've never been in one of his Josh Freeman greatest of all time threads.

Comment

• BigBucs
                                Unpretentious
                                • May 2009

Way to stick to your guns, fuckhole. McFadden was a running/receiving threat on a terrible offense and finished 5th in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. And you think T.O.'s 2010 season was superior to THAT? I never said that TO was inconsistent or unproductive, so take the stick out of your ass and start posting something relevant.

Awesome, the guy finally has a decent year after looking like a bum his 1st 2 years and now he is superior to a HOF that has been doing this year in and year out.

High hopes? Who the fuck is you? Go sit your dumb ass in the corner somewhere. Fuckhole? What a clown.

Comment

Working...