Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aso
    The Serious House
    • Nov 2008

I also see what you're saying about the Brandon Lloyd thing. Not exactly sure what that guy was getting at. "Now Lloyd isn’t the best receiver in the league, but anyone who tries to convince you he wasn’t the best for 2010 isn’t being honest." Either he is or he isn't. Make up your mind.

Comment

• Bear Pand
      RIP Indy Colts
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
      Well they base players off of the past season and they have a million different things and seasons on why. You should see their case for why they think Brady isn't as good as everyone else thinks he is.

Like a lot of people would probably include Jared Allen on this list, no? Well he was absolutely terrible last year. They also try and give credit to players no one sees. Brandon Lloyd could very well disappear next year and they'll be down talking him as they should.

Also they aren't entirely stat based. They do provide a lot of stats other places don't at all. But their grades end up being the final saying on their terms. And they'd more often than not just compare their grades when comparing players than stats.

They are different though and not affiliated with the NFL. For that I think they will always receive a lot of criticism. When looking at who's better between players, raw stats never tell the whole story. On PFF you can look at more in depth stats, or just look at their grades. You can have either or.
      Even in the Brady article though dude says:

Nobody, especially not I, is saying Brady isn’t a better quarterback then all these men, or that if you asked me tomorrow to choose a quarterback to build a franchise around, it wouldn’t be Brady.
      Don't tell me Brady was the 33rd best player in the league and the 6th best QB last year. Then tell me if you were starting a franchise and had to choose a QB you'd think about taking Brady.

Do they even trust their own stats? Are they scared of backlash? If you think Brady was 33rd best in the league and 6th best QB then stand by it. If their stats are any good they'll have something to back that opinion and it will stand up to any criticism.

Comment

• Aso
        The Serious House
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Based Pand
        Even in the Brady article though dude says:

Don't tell me Brady was the 33rd best player in the league and the 6th best QB last year. Then tell me if you were starting a franchise and had to choose a QB you'd think about taking Brady.

Do they even trust their own stats? Are they scared of backlash? If you think Brady was 33rd best in the league and 6th best QB then stand by it. If their stats are any good they'll have something to back that opinion and it will stand up to any criticism.
        I completely agree which is what irks me about some of their articles and the people who write them.

Comment

• BigBucs
          Unpretentious
          • May 2009

Originally posted by ram29jackson
          youre welcome hah

then why do you have a long thread for a pointless list ?
          You are right, lets talk about rookie minicamp and the upcoming symposium.... oh wait.

Comment

• G-men
            Posts too much
            • Nov 2011

Solomon Wilcots is legitimately retarded. he said Mark Sanchez should be on the top 100 because the Jets have won a lot of games and that Eli Manning's Super Bowl win doesnt matter because "that was a while ago." im not even that pissed that Eli isnt in the top 100 so much that the likes of Donovan McNabb were ranked ahead of him.

Wilcots also compared Ndamukong Suh to Reggie White as if they played the same position.

Comment

• Aso
              The Serious House
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by G-Men
              Solomon Wilcots is legitimately retarded. he said Mark Sanchez should be on the top 100 because the Jets have won a lot of games and that Eli Manning's Super Bowl win doesnt matter because "that was a while ago." im not even that pissed that Eli isnt in the top 100 so much that the likes of Donovan McNabb were ranked ahead of him.

Wilcots also compared Ndamukong Suh to Reggie White as if they played the same position.
              Well Reggie was a DT early in his career but it was only like the first year or so I believe.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by G-Men
                Solomon Grundy is legitimately retarded. Besides being one of the lamest villians on Superfriends, he said Mark Sanchez should be on the top 100 because the Jets have won a lot of games and that Eli Manning's Super Bowl win doesnt matter because "that was a while ago." im not even that pissed that Eli isnt in the top 100 so much that the likes of Donovan McNabb were ranked ahead of him.

Grundy also compared Ndamukong Suh to Reggie White as if they played the same position. I'm not sure who was more useless, Grundy, Captain Cold, or Black Manta.

Comment

• G-men
                  Posts too much
                  • Nov 2011

Well Reggie was a DT early in his career but it was only like the first year or so I believe.
                  they were still too pretty different players

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

C'mon, that's not what Grundy meant.

Comment

• Wrath
                      Football IQ is High
                      • Feb 2009

The think people keep forgetting is that this list is for the top players of 2011 not for the career or whatever. Thats just hard to judge IMO.

Comment

• Blick
                        The Judge
                        • Mar 2009

#45 Dwayne Bowe

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

LOL at Todd Haley looking like a homeless crack addict.

#46 Tony Gonzalez

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

LOL at using all of Tony G's old highlights. Thought it was interesting that Mike Tomlin was the guy talking about him though.

Comment

• Bear Pand
                          RIP Indy Colts
                          • Feb 2009

They're down to the top 10. List so far: http://top100.nfl.com/

Peyton, Brady, Brees. Orton, Peterson, Polamalu, Reed, Revis, Ray Lewis, Andre Johnson, Peppers still left.

Comment

• killgod
                            OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                            • Oct 2008

Orton?

Comment

• Bmore
                              The True Free-Man
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Based Pand
                              They're down to the top 10. List so far: http://top100.nfl.com/

Peyton, Brady, Brees. Orton, Peterson, Polamalu, Reed, Revis, Ray Lewis, Andre Johnson, Peppers still left.
                              Peyton, Brady, Brees, Peterson, Polamalu, Reed, Revis, Ray Lewis, Andre Johnson, Julius Peppers.

I don't know why you added Orton....

btw what team has 2 of the top 10?

Comment

• ralaw
                                Posts too much
                                • Feb 2009

If you know Panda you know why he added Orton....Purdue love.

Comment

Working...