X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s@ppisgod
    No longer a noob
    • Apr 2011

Players respond to Todd McShay

It used to be a factor with guys like Randy Moss or the like who would come in with questions or a reputation, but now it's like everyone who has anything more than a speeding ticket is getting the tag. It's very ESPN, where controversy and storylines are bigger than sports. But yeah, I hope Oher whoops McShay's ass.
    SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1
  • Juggernaut
    Sitting on the Sidelines
    • Dec 2008

Oher speaking up for himself? Sounds like he doesn't have character issues.

McShay. 20 bucks he'll never respond.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
      My Aunt Ida Smokes.
      • Mar 2009

McShay is an idiot. I wish more players would call him out on his bullshit. Dude knows close to nothing and gets paid for it.

Comment

• steeljake
        6 rings...
        • Oct 2008

lemme get this right... these thugs and sorry ass cunts are complaining that since they have been found to be less than honorable and willing to cheat to get paid that no one should say shit about it until after some nfl team invests millions in them? stfu. you wanna look squeaky clean, then be squeaky clean.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• Senser81
          VSN Poster of the Year
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by steeljake75
          lemme get this right... these thugs and sorry ass cunts are complaining that since they have been found to be less than honorable and willing to cheat to get paid that no one should say shit about it until after some nfl team invests millions in them? stfu. you wanna look squeaky clean, then be squeaky clean.
          I've noticed now that whenever I read your posts, my first thought is "Did he post this in the wrong thread?"

= Your VSN status

Comment

• Dan The Man
            Dip My Balls In It
            • Mar 2009

Black folk = "Great athlete but does have some character concerns"

White folk = "Not the best measurables but boy does he have a high motor. He really loves to study film"

Repeat for 7 rounds.

Comment

• GoRedRocket
              Noob
              • May 2011

McShay and Kiper are a couple of clowns. I try not to even pay attention to those guys. Schefter is getting to that point for me as well.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by steeljake75
                You realize Michael Oher was essentially raised by an upper middle class white family, and is squeaky clean, right?

Comment

• bucky
                  #50? WTF?
                  • Feb 2009

Too many teams have gotten burned to many times by bad character. There is a reason why teams look at character when drafting or acquiring free agents. I don't blame them one bit for putting a high importance on character.

Character is important.

I don't listen to McShay so I don't know if/how much of a point Oher has. He may have one when specifically talking about McShay ( I don't know).

But in general, I think he's wrong. Character should mean something to teams. Locker room chemistry is under-rated. You want guys that will do much more than work on there bodies. You want them to be like the Al Harris's of the NFL, study the game, and reach there potential, while being a great influence on younger players. So teams do have to be sensitive to this and be concerned about it.

Character is important.

Comment

• Senser81
                    VSN Poster of the Year
                    • Feb 2009

I would hope that McShay just doesn't make stuff up. He is reporting what he's told by scouts and GMs. To blame McShay for reporting what he's being told is kind of like shooting the messenger.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                      I would hope that McShay just doesn't make stuff up. He is reporting what he's told by scouts and GMs. To blame McShay for reporting what he's being told is kind of like shooting the messenger.
                      This is the same Todd McShay that reported for an entire year that Andre Woodson was a first round pick...no GM ever thought that.

I think it is obvious, sometimes McShay makes shit up or delivers his own opinion.

Comment

• Senser81
                        VSN Poster of the Year
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        This is the same Todd McShay that reported for an entire year that Andre Woodson was a first round pick...no GM ever thought that.

I think it is obvious, sometimes McShay makes shit up or delivers his own opinion.
                        True. But I think saying something like Andre Woodson is a 1st round pick is just McShay being an ass-clown and trying to look smart by predicting something outlandish a la Peter King at SI. If McShay is making up stuff about "character issues", which unjustly ends up costing a college player millions of dollars as their draft stock plummets, then that is wrong and should be addressed by pistol whipping.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                          True. But I think saying something like Andre Woodson is a 1st round pick is just McShay being an ass-clown and trying to look smart by predicting something outlandish a la Peter King at SI. If McShay is making up stuff about "character issues", which unjustly ends up costing a college player millions of dollars as their draft stock plummets, then that is wrong and should be addressed by pistol whipping.
                          Nobody listens to Todd McShay.

Comment

• spiker
                            Beast mode
                            • Apr 2011

I don't think NFL teams listen to Kiper or McShay anyways because they know they are hacks. By and large, NFL teams do their own homework. I think I've heard stories that NFL teams even hire PIs to follow around potential draft picks. When you're investing that kind of money in a guy, you want to be damn sure he's not snorting blow off a hooker's tits every weekend. Even still, you don't know what is going to happen after a guy gets paid. Money changes people - sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Comment

• dave
                              Go the fuck outside
                              • Oct 2008

I can't imagine an NFL general manager or coach even taking McShay or Kiper's opinion with even a grain of salt.
                              Kiper and McShay are entertainers.
                              Frankly, the only mock guys I like are Mike Mayock and Rick Gosselin.
                              But, again, no real NFL GM or coach would ever rely on an entertainer when making a draft pick.
                              My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

Working...