X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G-men
    Posts too much
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Scikotic
    When you guys pull your head out of your asses, go back and read this thread and you will see that I never once said he was tearing it up. I think he has a ton of room to improve. Saying he tears it up is just as asinine, if not more than saying he's flat out bad. He was the 2nd to last Starting QB to throw an INT this season. He's just incredibly inconsistent, which is expected since he only started 1 season in college.

He led the Jets through 5 game-winning drives last season, including 3 games in a row. I admire your effort though...
    you mean like the time Santonio Holmes broke a ten yard play into a fifty yarder against the Lions to set up a field goal or the time he turned a simple slant into a touchdown against the Browns. or perhaps you mean the Texans game where Santonio made one of his famous corner of the endzone catches. none of these throws by Sanchez were the least bit impressive and if anyone deserves the credit for those three game winning drives in a row it is Santonio Holmes. he and Braylon bailed out Sanchez on numerous occasions last season, so dont go out giving Sanchez the credit for the so called late game heroics.

Comment

• Primetime
      Thank You Prince
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by G-Men
      you mean like the time Santonio Holmes broke a ten yard play into a fifty yarder against the Lions to set up a field goal or the time he turned a simple slant into a touchdown against the Browns. or perhaps you mean the Texans game where Santonio made one of his famous corner of the endzone catches. none of these throws by Sanchez were the least bit impressive and if anyone deserves the credit for those three game winning drives in a row it is Santonio Holmes. he and Braylon bailed out Sanchez on numerous occasions last season, so dont go out giving Sanchez the credit for the so called late game heroics.
      But, but, but, Sanchez had to make perfect 5 yard throws in two of those situations....!!

Comment

• Scikotic
        Straight out the Asylum
        • Apr 2011

:shot:

It's always easy to spot a Giants fan...

The corner pass to Santonio in the Texans game that you are referring to was a great pass by Sanchez in stride. It took very little effort on the part of Holmes to catch it other than running to the spot it was going to. Clearly you didn't watch the play....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0jBz9fAgfA[/ame]

And I guess this was a piss poor throw that Braylon bailed him out on as well...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpwC9gRC5T4[/ame]

I've maintained the stance that Sanchez has a long way to go and has a lot of room to improve, but the claim that he's bad is embarrassing for any NFL fan. But hey....

Haters will hate.

Comment

• BigBucs
          Unpretentious
          • May 2009

There is no argument right now. Anyone with half a brain knows that Freeman has done much more with less than Sanchez. It should be interested to see how he develops over the next couple years...
          I wonder what made things so clear now. I was the biggest dumb ass on the site when I was making this point a few months back.

Comment

• Primetime
            Thank You Prince
            • Nov 2008

And I guess this was a piss poor throw that Braylon bailed him out on as well...

I've maintained the stance that Sanchez has a long way to go and has a lot of room to improve, but the claim that he's bad is embarrassing for any NFL fan. But hey....

Haters will hate.

I didn't watch the video, but I'm guessing a youtube clip entitled "Braylon's Monster Catch" probably isn't the best evidential support.

Comment

• Scikotic
              Straight out the Asylum
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Primetime232
              I didn't watch the video, but I'm guessing a youtube clip entitled "Braylon's Monster Catch" probably isn't the best evidential support.

Heh, touche. Monster catch in terms of the situation for sure, but it for sure wasn't anything spectacular on his part.

Yes, it's clear you didn't watch the video...

Comment

• Scikotic
                Straight out the Asylum
                • Apr 2011

Getting a no-thank from PP is practically a badge of honor. Do you just troll everyone that made you look like an idiot at some point and just groan their posts all day?

Comment

• G-men
                  Posts too much
                  • Nov 2011

:shot:

It's always easy to spot a Giants fan...

The corner pass to Santonio in the Texans game that you are referring to was a great pass by Sanchez in stride. It took very little effort on the part of Holmes to catch it other than running to the spot it was going to. Clearly you didn't watch the play....

Haters will hate.
                  my main point is that he does not deserve all the credit he gets, and is extremely overrated by most Jets fans i know to the point where it is intolerable for me. obviously, he can improve, but my main focus was that hes not nearly has good as fans make him out to be, and the "he leads his team to wins" argument annoys the shit out of me because like i said before, a good portion of those plays it was Santonio who really made the big play.

right now, Sanchez is in the bottom third of starting quarterbacks in the league and that really shouldnt be argued.

Comment

• Scikotic
                    Straight out the Asylum
                    • Apr 2011

my main point is that he does not deserve all the credit he gets, and is extremely overrated by most Jets fans i know to the point where it is intolerable for me. obviously, he can improve, but my main focus was that hes not nearly has good as fans make him out to be, and the "he leads his team to wins" argument annoys the shit out of me because like i said before, a good portion of those plays it was Santonio who really made the big play.

right now, Sanchez is in the bottom third of starting quarterbacks in the league and that really shouldnt be argued.
                    I'd agree that he's probably in the 20-25 range, which is consistent with your thoughts on him. Does that make him a bad quarterback. Absolutely not...

It could be worse, we could be talking about Eli's 2010 season here...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                      True Blue
                      • Feb 2009

Comment

• Scikotic
                        Straight out the Asylum
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56

That looks alot like 2007, not 2010.

So when WR's make these so-called great plays to win games, it counts against Sanchez but in favor of Eli?

That makes sense...

Comment

• G-men
                          Posts too much
                          • Nov 2011

I'd agree that he's probably in the 20-25 range, which is consistent with your thoughts on him. Does that make him a bad quarterback. Absolutely not...

It could be worse, we could be talking about Eli's 2010 season here...
                          and there you go with shit like that

Eli Manning far and beyond had a better season than Mark Sanchez, so dont even try to argue that. and a good amount of his interceptions were not his fault, as he had 8 that bounced right off the hands of his receivers. take away the ones that werent his fault, and that make 17 picks which isnt as bad as it is made out to be. Eli's had a much better season than Sanchez, so dont even try to pull that shit.

Comment

• Aso
                            The Serious House
                            • Nov 2008

I don't know if I'd say far and beyond had a better season but I'd say Eli's was better.

Comment

• j.hen
                              Self Care
                              • Oct 2008

Matt Ryan still has that 10:1 ratio

Comment

• G-men
                                Posts too much
                                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by jfhennedy
                                Matt Ryan still has that 10:1 ratio
                                Matt Ryan > Eli Manning