X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsbuck
    Buckeye For Life
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
    Sanzenbacher has been ok, but he could have very easily established himself as a starter on the Bears...and he hasn't. I expected more from him, to be honest.
    From an UDFA coming in in this odd lockout year... I'd say he's done a pretty good job.

That said though, Dane is my favorite Buckeye of all-time so I'm probably more biased than usual.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
      • Feb 2009

I think all the off season uncertainty made me lose interest. Havent watched a single game in its entirety. Uninteresting Draft + FA period of essentially 18 minutes means I dont care or dont know about who went where or who I should be looking out for.
      Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Villain
        [REDACTED]
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        My one and only preseason impression is that I really, really hate the ESPN MNF crew. Tirico is a geek, Jaws is miscast, and Gruden has morphed into his gimmick and tries too hard. This is now Mike Patrick/Joe Theismann/Paul McGuire level bad.
        Make it a drinking game - every time someone says something you hate you take a swig.
        [REDACTED]

Comment

• Obst
          RIP West
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Villain
          Make it a drinking game - every time someone says something you hate you take a swig.
          Make it every time Gruden says "I love this guy" you take a shot. You'll have your stomach pumped by halftime.

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

UPDATE FROM 2011:

*Colts look terrible. Painter was mediocre in college at Purdue, and there is just no way he can QB an NFL team. The Colts needed to sign Collins, but I don't know how long he will last behind Indy's weak O-line. I think bad drafting/bad draft position has finally caught up with the Colts.

Colts go 2-14, worst team in NFL.

*The Redskins offense doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. Santana Moss still has something left in the tank. Grossman and Beck have both appeared competent. I think Roy Helu will end up being Washington's #1 RB, but Hightower has looked good as well.

Redskins go 5-11, offense ranked 26th. Grossman and Beck not good. Santana Moss is meh. But Roy Helu leads team in rushing with 640 yards and also chips in with 49 receptions.

*Joe Flacco made some amazing throws against the Redskins, and Lee Evans had some nice catches. I think Evans might be the gamebreaker that Baltimore has needed the past few years.

Flacco and Ravens go 12-4 and have 12th rated offense. Flacco throws for 3600 yards and 20 TDs, but has an average rating of 80.9. Lee Evans is a total bust, having 4 catches all year plus one critical drop in the postseason.

*Phillip Rivers is going to have another big year. If Vincent Jackson, Gates, and Floyd all stay healthy, SD's passing game should be one of the best.

Rivers has a below-average year by his standards. 4600 yards, 27 TDs, but 20 INTs and an 88.7 rating. Floyd and Gates miss time with injury.

*Plaxico Burress and Santonio Holmes look to be a tough combo to stop for the Jets. We'll see if Sanchez can elevate his game this year. If not, then he'll never be an elite QB.

Jets passing offense is poor (ranked 21st), and Sanchez has lackluster 78.2 rating. Burress catches a few TDs but doesn't have that much of an impact. Holmes does likewise.

*Felix Jones and Jason Witten should be a big part of Dallas' offense. Dez Bryant is terrible.

Jones has injury problems again and scores 1 TD all year. Witten has his lowest receiving totals in 5 years. Dez Bryant does well with a 63-928-9 statline.

In sum, my preseason impressions were terrible.

Comment

• dell71
              Enter Sandman
              • Mar 2009

^^^ Meh...that's about what most were saying so yours were no worse than anyone else's. Except for that whole thing about Rex Grossman appearing competent. I refuse to believe that's even possible.

Comment

• Mogriffjr
                aka Reece
                • Apr 2009

Plax was the gift and the curse for the Jets. The gift was he improved the Jets redzone offense by a lot, the curse was the 80 yards before that, Plax couldn't beat single coverage, and rolled a lot of coverage over to Holmes and made him ineffective. Here's to hoping this year with Chaz Schillings/Stephen Hill can help Holmes much better and I feel they will.
                Originally posted by Nick Mangold
                Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• Len B
                  :moonwalk:
                  • Oct 2008

I stopped reading after #1.

Congrats on your perfect predictions, Senser.

Comment

Working...