Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuzzy Powers
    Beautiful Like Moses
    • Oct 2008

Dont y'all think its time to move forward with Vince Young? I mean.. 2 more years of starting for Kerry might sour Vince enough that he dont even wanna hang around any longer. Mental break-downs fucking up your shit FTW!

Comment

• Boss AZ
      Hi Haters
      • Feb 2009

Source: The Titans have agreed to terms on a two-year deal with quarterback Kerry Collins.

The deal is for two years and is worth $15 million with $8.5 million guaranteed, according to sources familiar with the situation.

“Kerry did a great job for us last year stepping back into the starting role,” said Titans general manager Mike Reinfeldt. “He has veteran leadership, tons of game experience and we expect him to continue to play at a high level for us.”

In 2008, Collins capped his third season with the Titans by being named to his second career Pro Bowl. He started the final 15 games of the season, leading the Titans to 12 victories as a starter, which tied Steve McNair’s franchise record (2000) and also matched Collins’ personal high (2000).

With 242 completions, 2,676 yards, 12 touchdowns and seven interceptions on 415 attempts, his passer rating of 80.2 was the third-highest of his career (2000, 2002). Collins ranks 14th in NFL history and second among active players (Peyton Manning) with 37,393 career passing yards. He ranks 11th all-time with 3,160 career completions.
      I guess some people including myself were wrong about it being out of the Titans range. Even though I still think they overpaid. It doesn't matter too much though, they have the money. Glad that's out of the way. Now where's that WR?
      Last edited by Boss AZ; 02-27-2009, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Herm
        Boomshakalaka
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
        Dont y'all think its time to move forward with Vince Young? I mean.. 2 more years of starting for Kerry might sour Vince enough that he dont even wanna hang around any longer. Mental break-downs fucking up your shit FTW!
        No he showed in his game last year when he played vs Indy's 2nd unit that he is still disinterested and terrible at reading defenses.

I really wish some other team would take Young and give him a fresh start, its just not going to work out in nashville most likely.

Comment

• Herm
          Boomshakalaka
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Boss AZ
          I guess some people including myself were wrong about it being out of the Titans range. Even though I still think they overpaid. It doesn't matter too much though, they have the money. Glad that's out of the way. Now where's that WR?
          These are the free agents i wouldnt mind seeing them go after, likely none will happen though...

TJ Housh
          Marvin Harrison
          Bryant Mcfadden

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
            I Can Score Goals
            • Dec 2008

Source: The Titans have agreed to terms on a two-year deal with quarterback Kerry Collins.

The deal is for two years and is worth $15 million with $8.5 million guaranteed, according to sources familiar with the situation.

“Kerry did a great job for us last year stepping back into the starting role,” said Titans general manager Mike Reinfeldt. “He has veteran leadership, tons of game experience and we expect him to continue to play at a high level for us.”

In 2008, Collins capped his third season with the Titans by being named to his second career Pro Bowl. He started the final 15 games of the season, leading the Titans to 12 victories as a starter, which tied Steve McNair’s franchise record (2000) and also matched Collins’ personal high (2000).

With 242 completions, 2,676 yards, 12 touchdowns and seven interceptions on 415 attempts, his passer rating of 80.2 was the third-highest of his career (2000, 2002). Collins ranks 14th in NFL history and second among active players (Peyton Manning) with 37,393 career passing yards. He ranks 11th all-time with 3,160 career completions.
            great news
            Last edited by CaribbeanJoseph; 02-27-2009, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Irish
              do you see my jesus chain
              • Oct 2008

Not really surprised that TN went after Collins im just surprised he decided to comeback.

i guess this means that vince is on the outside looking in

Comment

• Boss AZ
                Hi Haters
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Herm
                These are the free agents i wouldnt mind seeing them go after, likely none will happen though...

TJ Housh
                Marvin Harrison
                Bryant Mcfadden
                They would be good pickups. Can we have all 3? :dontknow:

Originally posted by eskimo
                great news
                VY goes into deeper state of depression.

Originally posted by Irish
                Not really surprised that TN went after Collins im just surprised he decided to comeback.

i guess this means that vince is on the outside looking in
                I don't even think he's looking in. He's somewhere in the corner with his headphones on.

Seems they don't believe in Vince right now and I don't think he believes in himself either. On top of his poor play this is hurting him a lot more imo.

Comment

• Herm
                  Boomshakalaka
                  • Oct 2008

Titans signed DT Jovan Haye 4 years 16 mil
                  WR Nate Washington 5 years 26 mil only 9 mil guaranteed

I love these two mid level signings . Haye beasted for Tampa two years ago, im not sure how he did last year. Nate and Justin Gage were among league leaders in yards per catch so it appears both of our starting WRs will be deep threats, Lavelle at slot and im at least semi satisfied with the WRs. Nate seemed to be a good downfield blocker so he'll fit in for sure.

Comment

• Herm
                    Boomshakalaka
                    • Oct 2008

NASHVILLE, TN, March 2, 2009 – The Tennessee Titans agreed to terms with WR Nate Washington and DT Jovan Haye. Washington joins the Titans after spending four seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Haye spent the last two-plus seasons in Tampa Bay.

“We targeted both of these guys as difference makers for us,” said Titans general manager Mike Reinfeldt. “Nate (Washington) has shown the ability to stretch the field and be a big-play receiver. He will complement passing game and brings big game experience as well. Jovan (Haye) fits our defensive system with an aggressive one-gap approach; both our personnel folks and coaches were excited about his abilities in our system.”

Washington (6-1, 185) appeared in 49 games with seven starts during his four seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers and collected 104 career receptions for 1,705 yards with 12 touchdowns. The veteran wide receiver has the ability to stretch the field having led the Steelers in yards per catch in two of the last three seasons. His most successful campaign came last year when he recorded career-highs with 40 catches and 631 receiving yards, while scoring three touchdowns. In 2007, Washington saw action in all 16 contests with four starts and grabbed 29 receptions for 450 yards with a career-best five touchdown catches. The former undrafted free agent out of Tiffin University enjoyed a breakout season in 2006 when he led the AFC with a 17.8-yard per reception average and caught 35 passes for 624 yards with four touchdowns.

Washington holds eight individual school records at Division II Tiffin University, including all-time marks for receptions (212), receiving yards (4,214) and touchdown catches (47). A native of Toledo, Ohio, he was first-team All City, first-team All District and honorable mention All State at Scott High School.

Former Buccaneers defensive tackle Jovan Haye registered a career-high six sacks in 2007.
                    Haye, a veteran of four NFL seasons, spent the majority of the past three years with Tampa Bay after beginning his career with the Carolina Panthers. The 6-foot-2, 285-pound defender has recorded 30 starts in 42 career games, and his statistics include 118 tackles, six sacks, one forced fumble and four fumble recoveries. During his final season with the Buccaneers, he played in 15 games (14 starts) for the NFL’s ninth-ranked defense and contributed 40 tackles and one pass defensed. In 2007, he achieved career highs with 16 starts, 97 tackles and six sacks.

Haye played in two games as a rookie with the Panthers in 2005. Then, prior to the 2006 season, he was released by Carolina and signed by the Cleveland Browns. After appearing on the Browns’ 53-man roster for the first week of the season, he was released and added to their practice squad. The Buccaneers signed him off the Browns’ practice squad on Oct. 25, 2006.

During his three-year career at Vanderbilt (2002-04), Haye started 34 of 35 games and totaled 149 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 17 tackles for loss and one interception. He was named second-team All-SEC as a sophomore after sharing the conference lead with 8.5 sacks. Forgoing his senior season, he declared for the 2005 NFL Draft and became a sixth-round pick by the Panthers (189th overall).

Comment

• Boss AZ
                      Hi Haters
                      • Feb 2009

Woo They signed some players lol.

Both pickups are OK with me. Anyone not named McCariens at WR is a plus. Hope Hawkins gets his head on straight this season too.

Comment

• Irish
                        do you see my jesus chain
                        • Oct 2008

I dont think Washington is the answer at WR just yet but maybe a nice addition.

seems like a slot guy if anything.

and im not surprised they signed D-line

Comment

• Boss AZ
                          Hi Haters
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Irish
                          I dont think Washington is the answer at WR just yet but maybe a nice addition.

seems like a slot guy if anything.

and im not surprised they signed D-line
                          Yea I feel the same way. Titans did lose McCariens and Jones so that's why I don't mind the pickup.

Gage, Washington and Hawkins isn't much better than what they rolled with this past season. Kind of seems downgraded. I want a true #1 WR already.

Comment

• Herm
                            Boomshakalaka
                            • Oct 2008

Yea I feel the same way. Titans did lose McCariens and Jones so that's why I don't mind the pickup.

Gage, Washington and Hawkins isn't much better than what they rolled with this past season. Kind of seems downgraded. I want a true #1 WR already.
                            I agree Washington isnt a number 1 but he was damn sure more productive in a 3rd receiver role than Brandon Jones & McCareins were in a anywhere from 1-4 role whatever you want to consider what they were.

Washington isnt exactly speedy in my mind, but he makes plays downfield. Id say Gage is faster than Washington but thats just from watching games IMO.

I would still like a bona fide number 1 guy but free agents dont see this as a place for them to shine really with two good running backs and Bo Scaife getting the majority of the offense.

Comment

• Herm
                              Boomshakalaka
                              • Oct 2008

Supposedly the titans are trying to lure Torry Holt in, but i doubt they think he's worth what he thinks hes worth.

Comment

• Herm
                                Boomshakalaka
                                • Oct 2008

Chris Simms thinks he can start again one day and what better situation to go to than Denver where the coach obviously isnt excited about the qb ;)

Free agent quarterback Chris Simms agreed to terms with the Denver Broncos on a contract Thursday afternoon, according to league sources.

The deal is believed to be for two years.

The Titans had wanted to retain Simms, whom they signed after he was released by Tampa Bay, but the Broncos were able to work out a deal after Simms visited the team on Wednesday.

Simms, 28, will back up former Vanderbilt star Jay Cutler, who himself is not a sure thing to stay in Denver after it was revealed he was included in trade talks in recent days that would have allowed the Broncos to acquire quarterback Matt Cassel. Cassel instead was dealt by the New England Patriots to Kansas City.

Simms was the starting quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2005 and early in 2006 until he suffered a ruptured spleen in a game this season. He had to have the spleen removed and did not play at all in 2007.

After the Buccaneers released him, the Titans signed him as a second quarterback while Vince Young was hampered by a knee sprain suffered in the season opener.

When Young returned to health, Simms was the third-string quarterback the rest of the season using his time to regain his strength.

Now fully healthy, Simms said at season's end he wanted an opportunity to be a No. 2 quarterback and eventually compete for a starting position.

Comment

Working...