X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Spags reaches new low, quits during game

I have been waching football for just short of 30 years, and last night was a first for me. A head coach straight up waived a white flag and quit.

With roughly 1:30 left in the game, down two scores with no timeouts, Spags elected to punt on 4th down, essentially giving up his teams last play and ending the game.

It has reached a point where you can not reasonably defend this man anymore. When he isn't quitting on his team, he's completely lost on the sideline. Down 13 at the end of the third Q, he bypasses a two point attempt for a PAT. At that point in the game, even the most casusal NFL observers will tell you you want to try be down 11 instead of 12.

Last week he deactivated WR Danario Alexander and first round pick Robert Quinn. This week, it was clear Alexander was the most dangerous weapon on the Rams offense, and Quinn got a sack on his firts play from scimmage! Good thing he sat them last week. Its not like this team desperately needs playmakers or anything.

His decision to enter the season with four CB's has backfired, with Ron Bartell out for the season. Did he go out and sign anybody? Nope. Apparently he's just going to roll with three CB's, despite roughly 1,000 DT's on the roster (all of whom are terrible outside of Fred Robbins).

Three years, no progress on the field, still has no clue how to manage a roster or manage a game. I WANT HIM GONE! NOW!

Thanks a lot, David Tyree.
  • jms493
    • Feb 2009

Some people are meant to be Coordinators and not Head Coaches....clearly he is one of them.

Comment

• Champ
      Needs a hobby
      • Oct 2008

Some people are meant to be fans and not head coaches... clearly warner2bruce is one of them

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

So you want Bradford back there on 4th and long to get hit again? Unless you choose to run some screen or quick throw, he's guaranteed to take another lick.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Here come the goofy Giants fans, defending their boyfriend.

He's a terrible head coach, give me reasons otherwise or get out of my rage thread.

The team is never prepared, constantly makes mental mistakes, and plays worse as the game progresses. All signs of bad coaching. Combined with a complete lack of roster management ability and no feel for how to manage agame, he's essentially useless.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
            So you want Bradford back there on 4th and long to get hit again? Unless you choose to run some screen or quick throw, he's guaranteed to take another lick.
            GTFO with this shit. You don't quit with 1:30 left. You throw another pass and keep playing. Teams don't quit down 30 in this league, let alone a managable two score game.

You think Bradford wanted to punt?

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

:youmad:

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
              You think Bradford wanted to punt?
              Who cares what he wants? If he had one arm, he'd still go out there and play.

Comment

• red33
                • Feb 2009

this has got to be one of the worst reasons why its better to punt then go for it.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

I'm not mad, I'm fucking furious.

I WANT HIM GONE NOOOWWWWW.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by red33
                    this has got to be one of the worst reasons why its better to punt then go for it.
                    Sure, I gave it a second thought when he sent the punt unit out, but if it were my head coach making that decision, I wouldn't be too pissed with it.

Plus, as part of your defense, there's no threat of Coughlin trying to run up the score...

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Forget even converting the long 4th down, its more about the message you are sending by quitting.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        I'm not mad, I'm fucking furious.

I WANT HIM GONE NOOOWWWWW.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Sure, I gave it a second thought when he sent the punt unit out, but if it were my head coach making that decision, I wouldn't be too pissed with it.

Plus, as part of your defense, there's no threat of Coughlin trying to run up the score...
                          Wut?

Comment

• Rayman
                            Spic 'n Spanish
                            • Feb 2009

When that punt happened, my first thought was "Warner's gonna fucking explode over this".

Way to not let me down, bud.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Apparently, owner Stan Kroenke had a closed door meeting with Spags which ended up delaying his presser by 20 minutes.

People are FINALLY at least whispering about his job security.

Comment

Working...