X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fox1994
    Posts too much
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by heelswxman
    Why do I care? Because your posts make no fucking sense. Haven't I made that clear before?
    The conference name will make sense if there's twelve teams. They're called the Big 12. There are currently ten teams.

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fox1994
      The conference name will make sense if there's twelve teams. They're called the Big 12. There are currently ten teams.
      there are*

And you in one breathe praised this move for restoring geographical sanity while in the next asserted that the Big 12 should add West Virginia or Louisville in the interest of numerical correctness. How do you not see the issue with that?

Comment

• Len B
        :moonwalk:
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Fox1994
        I'm going to assume you mean I'm incorrect in that TAMU and Mizzou will be gone. I had forgotten about TAMU leaving and was only thinking about Mizzou leaving and thereby saw twelve teams.
        He meant that you said you liked proper geographical alignment, and then you go off and list two east coast schools that make no sense to have in the Big 12.

I'm not an expert in the obvious, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Comment

• 1ke
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
          • Mar 2009

Big 12 aint done. More things to come that might even make some sense.

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PP
            this move has nothing to do with geography and everything to do with money. fuck, tcu is going to pay 5 million to not play a game in the big east lol.
            Aren't you banned?

Comment

• cynismus
              Decadence isn't easy
              • Feb 2009

This is a great move for the Big 12:

- helps stabilize a fractured conference
              - adds another Texas school
              - adds the DFW market, not necessarily for TV but bodies in seats. Having Big 12 conference games in the metroplex is HUGE. This city has been starving for it.

I'm ambivalent towards bringing SMU in right now, but we'll see.
              There is no fire like passion
              There is no shark like hatred
              There is no snare like folly
              There is no torrent like greed

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by cynismus
                This is a great move for the Big 12:

- helps stabilize a fractured conference
                - adds another Texas school
                - adds the DFW market, not necessarily for TV but bodies in seats. Having Big 12 conference games in the metroplex is HUGE. This city has been starving for it.

I'm ambivalent towards bringing SMU in right now, but we'll see.
                Wouldn't SMU do all those thigns as well?

Comment

• cynismus
                  Decadence isn't easy
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                  Wouldn't SMU do all those thigns as well?
                  Ehh, doesn't quite have the athletic pedigree (football only, don't know enough about other sports) as TCU. Granted, their academics are much better than TCU but who really cares about that?

TCU has a much bigger following in DFW than SMU. Besides, SMU is full of a bunch of rich, bratty, privileged cocksuckers. But their chicks are smoking hot.
                  There is no fire like passion
                  There is no shark like hatred
                  There is no snare like folly
                  There is no torrent like greed

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                    Jus' bout dat action boss
                    • Feb 2009

TCU should have went to the Big 12 from the get go.. Beebe really fucked that up.

BYU makes a lot of sense as well. I think they should go for Louisville (would bolster the basketball side of things in a big way) and then bring SMU or Houston on to round out their conference back to 12.
                    Originally posted by ram29jackson
                    I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                      #DoSomething
                      • Feb 2009

Things are looking really bad for the Big East and USF is just stuck in it. I don't blame TCU for jumping ship since Pitt and Syracuse decided to abandon the conference. The only saving grace for the Big East would be Notre Dame. Since they are a partial member (all other sports besides football), I feel like the BE should reach out to them for full membership. Not likely that they would accept, but, you have to do something. Trying to piece together the conference with Villanova and Temple is not going to work.

Hell, I'm at the point where I would even want UCF to join the BE. Overall, something has to be done to keep the conference viable. Right now, the anchor conference is WVU...and I don't know how long they'll stay. If they were to leave, it would be lights out for BE football.
                      Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

Working...