Carson Palmer traded to Oakland and "fans of shitty teams try to outshit each other"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maestro
    ♫Just Like Music♫
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by glenwillett
    No he was talking about Josh McDaniels. Omar and I have been doing this dance for Years, stay out of our affairs.
    Ah, i was assuming you were speaking of the WR. Carry on.

Comment

• Houston
      Back home
      • Oct 2008

Carson Palmer is still in the NFL? I thought he retired with JaMarcus Russell.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
        Posts a lot
        • Jun 2009

Jason Campbell is sitting in the training room like:

Can't help but think this is the end of his career in Oakland.

Comment

• Mogriffjr
          aka Reece
          • Apr 2009

This trade is as bad as the jets offense in the 1st half last night
          Originally posted by Nick Mangold
          Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• StealthShot
            Eat it
            • Oct 2008

To think the Raiders were making the turn into a good organization those fucks sure know how to take 2 steps back.

Comment

• Tailback U
              No substitute 4 strength.
              • Nov 2008

Yeah.. that guy is in St. Louis now. But go on and lash out because you're team just sold the farm with guys like David Garrard, who they could have gotten for nothing, available.

The Raiders just needed someone to hand the ball to DMC 25 times a game and get out of the way as the AFC West crumbled around them. Instead... they do the humblest thing possible. I only wish Nukleopatra were alive to see this.
              Lol @ selling the farm. It's a 1st round pick next year and a conditional pick in 2013. Palmer is also restructuring.

It's funny of you to come out of the woodwork to bash the Raiders for this when you and your butt buddy goblin have gone mute the last 2 seasons since your team is downright terrible. I guess this helps you forget just how shitty your team is today, but it won't be long until Sunday comes and you crawl back into your Peyton Hillis shrine drowning in a puddle of your own semen and tears.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

From the Raiders perspective, they have a legit shot to make the playoffs this year and they just lost their starting QB (who will become a FA). In their mind, they're receiving the best potential QB they can get their hands on. If he takes them to the playoffs at all, it's a win. Regardless of the loss of two draft picks, they want the playoffs.

Outside perspective...Palmer is nothing but question marks right now. How much of a drop off will there be? Plus, potentially sacrificing two first round picks is a bit much. Even if it's a 1st and a 2nd, is a one & done in the post-season worth the steep price?

Comment

• f16harm
                  -
                  • Feb 2009

And Marshall sure looked elite last night dropping everything in sight. He also found himself a way to get stabbed this off-season so I'm not crying any tears that he's gone. He's also the reason Darrent Williams was murdered so yeah... Fuck Brandon Marshall.
                  1 drop

109 yards versus "the shut down corner" Revis.

Also, I could have sworn grabbing a handful of jersey outside of 5 yards was a penalty. I guess not for Revis and Cromartie though. Oh well, here's to Andrew Luck.

Comment

• Primetime
                    Thank You Prince
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by f16harm
                    1 drop

109 yards versus "the shut down corner" Revis.

Also, I could have sworn grabbing a handful of jersey outside of 5 yards was a penalty. I guess not for Revis and Cromartie though. Oh well, here's to Andrew Luck.
                    More like 6 drops, with 4 of them being in the endzone, and 30 yards vs Revis. Rest was against Cromartie and company.

And yes, Revis' no call 100 yd return was utter bullshit.

Comment

• Tailback U
                      • Nov 2008

And BTW as bad as Denver is Oakland is a 63 yard FG before halftime and a Kyle Orton brain fart of a fumble from losing that game anyway. But by all means go into win now mode, they're ready.
                      This is how losers talk, Glen. I could sit here and say the raiders are a batted pass away from being 4-1 with their only loss being to New England, but I don't talk like that because I'm not a fucking loser like you that plays the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" game.
                      I'm sure Mike McCarthy is losing a lot of sleep right now over how he'll have to gameplan for Carson Palmer in the Super Bowl.
                      [/quote]

It's not about the super bowl. It's about changing the losing culture and selling out the stadium, getting the fanbase back by winning. Boller would have taken this team to the bottom of the AFC west, he is about as bad as Kyle Orton, and the raiders would have wasted their first round pick anyway.

There is no way Palmer will be worse than Campbell and the Raiders aren't winning a SB with Campbell, Palmer, or some rookie QB they could have maybe draft the next 2 years.

Overpaid and got ripped off but it will be worth it if the Raiders win the division again and Palmer can be a fill in for 3 more years if he stays healthy.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                        Jus' bout dat action boss
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
                        Yeah because the guys in Denver have been doing so much better lately.

- Draft Franchise QB. Trade him.
                        - Draft elite WR. Trade him.
                        - Fire HOF coach.
                        - Hire rookie Coach.
                        - Fire rookie coach.
                        - Draft Tim Tebow with your 1st round pick.
                        - Draft Knowshon Moreno with your 1st round pick.
                        - Lose to the Raiders twice a year.
                        You forgot ..

- Trade 1st round pick to Seattle for a midget defensive back you'd later trade for the crappier Gronkowski brother.
                        Originally posted by ram29jackson
                        I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• BigBucs
                          Unpretentious
                          • May 2009

This is as shitty a trade as I can remember. A 1st and 2nd rounder which can turn out to be a 1st for a 31 y/o QB whos arm is shot? SMH.

Comment

• Tailback U
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Hasselbeck
                            You forgot ..

- Trade 1st round pick to Seattle for a midget defensive back you'd later trade for the crappier Gronkowski brother.
                            I also forgot trade a stud HB for a 3rd string QB.

As for Palmer, the guy gets way more criticism than he deserves.

His career stats aren't bad at all - 154 TDs, 100 INTs, 86.9 QB rating, 62.9% completion.

Considering that he has played in the toughest defensive division in the NFL over the last 10 years for a team that routinely lacks talent and you have a guy who has pretty good career stats.

His record is 46-51, but like I said, he played for the Bengals and was constantly competing with the Ravens and Steelers, who are both good to great year in and year out.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                              Jus' bout dat action boss
                              • Feb 2009

People in glass houses... How's that decision to let Hasselbeck walk in favor of Tavaris Jackson working out?

And the bad news for you is the people who made that call are still running your franchise. At least the angry mob was able to run McDaniels out of town.
                              Matt Hasselbeck leaving to Tennessee doesn't make the Broncos trading a 1st round pick for ALPHONSO SMITH any better Glen.
                              Originally posted by ram29jackson
                              I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                                Beautiful Like Moses
                                • Oct 2008

Just for the record.. when someone says something negative about your Franchise, it doesnt make the fact any less true when you immediately feel the need to throw something back about their team, so im not exactly sure why this is used as the absolute number 1 tactic when someone comes with a rebuttal. The shittiness of my team has no effect on the shittiness of your team. Just something I find ridiculous that is always done on this board..

As for the trade.. I love it........ for my fantasy team as a QB2.

Comment

Working...