Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SuperKevin
    I'm excited for the Antonio Smith visit. He's one of the more reliable 3-4 DE's in the league. Graham is meh but there aren't many options left
    He's got the size though, but I thought for sure we would have signed Verner. I would really like having Hall/Graham/Amerson as our corners, we just need to upgrade at safety and quite frankly, we've missed out there.

Comment

• SuperKevin
      War Hero
      • Dec 2009

Graham isn't really a starter. Even if we bring him in, I'd still imagine the Skins draft a CB to be a starter in round 2.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SuperKevin
        Graham isn't really a starter. Even if we bring him in, I'd still imagine the Skins draft a CB to be a starter in round 2.
        They could be counting on Amerson for that, he really stepped up in the second half, especially near the end.

Comment

• SuperKevin
          War Hero
          • Dec 2009

Assuming they sign Smith and Graham, this is how I want the draft to shake out

Round 2: Jimmie Ward SS Northern Illinois
          Round 3: Stanley Jean Baptiste CB Nebraska
          Round 4: JaWuan James OT Tennessee
          Round 5: Devon Kennard OLB USC
          Round 6: Andrew Jackson MLB Western Kentucky
          Round 7: Jordan Navjar TE Baylor

Comment

• SuperKevin
            War Hero
            • Dec 2009

My justification for a TE over a WR in the draft is that Jay Gruden has shown an affinity for 2 TE sets in Cincy and currently, aside from Reed, we don't really have any TE's worthy of any playing time. Navjar is a great blocker who has soft hands in the red zone. Putting him in would allow Reed to essentially play a WR role and fill the need we have for a larger WR

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

I gotcha, I'm also not thrilled with our backups. Paul needs to go, the whole TE experiment was a disaster. Paulsen would be fine as the third string TE, but he always seems to drop a pass per game, so if we just have him blocking I am fine with keeping him.

I actually think we sign a veteran TE as a blocker, since we have limited picks.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                War Hero
                • Dec 2009

I really want Andrew Jackson in DC just for the fact we can call him "Mr. President"

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

Believe it or not, the Redskins had to back out of the race for Talib and Byrd because they were priced out. They never even had serious discussions with Byrd because they knew the bidding would get too high. They fell short on Mike Mitchell, being outbid for his services.

I know we need to upgrade, but this is a clear sign Allen is not trying to compete next year by building through free agency.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                    Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                    • Jul 2010

maybe we can find a team willing to trade 2 1st round pics for Orakpo.....
                    3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

I don't even think teams would give up a first for Orakpo. I actually think all the hype around him for FA was overblown, and he would find a tough market out there. We did blow it on that one, but again, I understand the need for book-end pass-rushers in a 3-4 so that's why they did it. Can't argue with that logic, but I can argue with using the tag and taking up $10 million of the $28 million cap space we had.

Comment

• Argath
                        $2 whore
                        • Apr 2009

Disappointed in how free agency has played out so far. Not very impressed by the guys the skins have picked up.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Argath
                          Disappointed in how free agency has played out so far. Not very impressed by the guys the skins have picked up.
                          I think it's a mixed bag at this point. I like the Roberts signing as a slot receiver, and also to help the return game. Bringing back Santana Moss made my question that move, because Moss isn't starting at this point so Roberts is likely slated to start opposite Garcon.

I am not sold on the guard we picked up from Cleveland, Lauvao I think. I actually don't know much about him.

I've heard good things about Hayward, who is a backup ILB and a great player for special teams.

Comment

• Aso
                            The Serious House
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                            maybe we can find a team willing to trade 2 1st round pics for Orakpo.....

Comment

• Argath
                              $2 whore
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                              I think it's a mixed bag at this point. I like the Roberts signing as a slot receiver, and also to help the return game. Bringing back Santana Moss made my question that move, because Moss isn't starting at this point so Roberts is likely slated to start opposite Garcon.

I am not sold on the guard we picked up from Cleveland, Lauvao I think. I actually don't know much about him.

I've heard good things about Hayward, who is a backup ILB and a great player for special teams.
                              A lot of the guys we've picked up seem to be the same caliber of players we could pick up in the late rounds of the draft for cheap. Nobody who's going to make a huge impact on the team. Could've definitely found a WR of Roberts caliber in the draft for less than a quarter of the cost. I haven't been reading very many good things about Lauvao. Mainly that he struggles in run blocking, is ok in pass blocking. Supposedly he's been a starter on the Browns line for most of his career not because he's good, but just better than whoever else they had.

I can definitely get behind the Hayward signing though. Experience ILB and good special teams player, lead the bucs last year in special team tackles, and got him to a cheap contract.

I don't like the fact that we've invested so much money in Orakpo, Hall, Roberts and Lauvao this off season. I think the money could've been better spent on other players who would've made more of an immediate impact on the team.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                                War Hero
                                • Dec 2009

Former Maryland Terp RT Bruce Campbell is visiting the Redskins. Sounds like another one of our terrible OL depth signings that we always make

Comment

Working...