Official Washington Redskins Forum Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

It gets worse, the same article from ESPN said that Griffin has alienated himself from the rest of the team, likely due to the fact he's got the relationship with Snyder and that he possibly forced this decision on the coach.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
      It gets worse, the same article from ESPN said that Griffin has alienated himself from the rest of the team, likely due to the fact he's got the relationship with Snyder and that he possibly forced this decision on the coach.
      media loves to stir it up.......
      cant believe everything read.

RGIII looks like he has the team motivated today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk;
      MFer
      3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
        Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
        • Jul 2010

terrible throw on that 4th & 6. thats the play RG3 needed to prove he was back
        3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
          Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
          • Jul 2010

I guess most you have given up on hope??

I read somewhere that BB is going the game this weekend against the Bucs.
          how victorious would be to have RGIII rip that Bucs secondary with like 5+ TDs

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

This game was awful on different levels, but man, RGIII has absolutely no pocket awareness, and in the middle of his third season that is inexcusable. I know people are going to defend him and point to Trent Williams being out and the offensive line in general being below average, but he held onto the ball entirely too long and took coverage sacks.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
              Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
              • Jul 2010

This game was awful on different levels, but man, RGIII has absolutely no pocket awareness, and in the middle of his third season that is inexcusable. I know people are going to defend him and point to Trent Williams being out and the offensive line in general being below average, but he held onto the ball entirely too long and took coverage sacks.
              they all suck.
              rather see coverage sacks than the iNTs.
              he had 2 INTs but one with Niles Paul wasnt his fault.
              2nd one was just a bad throw.
              lets just tank and get high 1st rounder at this point

MFer

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                they all suck.
                rather see coverage sacks than the iNTs.
                he had 2 INTs but one with Niles Paul wasnt his fault.
                2nd one was just a bad throw.
                lets just tank and get high 1st rounder at this point

MFer
                It's also clear RGIII at this point is not the answer. He has the rest of the season to convince me otherwise. For a third year QB, his pocket awareness is awful and on many of those coverage sacks, he had someone open.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                  Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                  • Jul 2010

It's also clear RGIII at this point is not the answer. He has the rest of the season to convince me otherwise. For a third year QB, his pocket awareness is awful and on many of those coverage sacks, he had someone open.
                  he is clearly rusty. he missed DJax 3x that would have made a difference. 2x the throws were too long and once he didn't read the blitz and didn't even look his left. he actually had DJax and Garcon? wide open.
                  his short throws seem to be a little low and behind. lots of his throws are NOT hitting guys in the chest, which means he is definitely off.
                  But
                  he is moving around better than what most would think.
                  and
                  I actually saw him slide too.

regardless; we have been waiting for RGIII to get healthy, as its seems that way for 2 seasons now. its only fair to give our "Franchise QB" a legit chance to play under this kind of pressure.
                  he did it once before, in his rookie season, he can do it again.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

Robert Griffin III is having a rough go of it during his third season in Washington. Did those frustrations boil over during his comments following the Redskins' loss to the Bucs?

Remember when you said the media was making something out of nothing when it came to the divide in the locker room between much of the team and Griffin? Looks like the people covering the team were right. Absolutely stupid to say this, and honestly, I'd give him to the end of the year and if he can't improve his play and fix the relationships in the locker room he's destroyed, go out and get someone else. This is a joke.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                      • Jul 2010

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...teammates-dont

Remember when you said the media was making something out of nothing when it came to the divide in the locker room between much of the team and Griffin? Looks like the people covering the team were right. Absolutely stupid to say this, and honestly, I'd give him to the end of the year and if he can't improve his play and fix the relationships in the locker room he's destroyed, go out and get someone else. This is a joke.
                      cant believe everything the media puts out there.
                      most of it is likely to be taken out of context also.

I am as frustrated as any other Redskin fan
                      but
                      I am sticking it out with RGIII and will be the 1st admit it was mistake in the end if he does turn out to be a bust.
                      he shut the media up once, he can do it again.

its a team sport built around leadership.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

Yes, it's a sport built around leadership, and he has not been the leader that we thought he was. He's got to show some improvement over the final weeks, or else we have to look at drafting a QB in the second or third round. I think our #1 has to be traded down for more help, or used to take Landon Collins.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                          Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                          • Jul 2010

Yes, it's a sport built around leadership, and he has not been the leader that we thought he was. He's got to show some improvement over the final weeks, or else we have to look at drafting a QB in the second or third round. I think our #1 has to be traded down for more help, or used to take Landon Collins.
                          more reading http://mmqb.si.com/2014/11/18/robert...gton-problems/

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                            I love what Gruden did personally. Something tells me this is what Gruden has told Griffin in private, and he's just as frustrated to vent it to the media as Griffin was to call out the team. It's also sending a message upstairs that maybe Griffin isn't the answer. Gruden has some stones to say that, and I like it.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                              Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                              • Jul 2010

I love what Gruden did personally. Something tells me this is what Gruden has told Griffin in private, and he's just as frustrated to vent it to the media as Griffin was to call out the team. It's also sending a message upstairs that maybe Griffin isn't the answer. Gruden has some stones to say that, and I like it.
                              its good thing for sure.
                              as much i like RGIII, its making him aware that come 2015 OTC, he had better been able to live up to his expectations or they will be looking for another QB.
                              BUT
                              maybe this is the kind of "push" Bobby needs........

like i said; he shut the media up once, he has it in him to do it again.

i dont really want to start all over again.....

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                                • Sep 2024

What you just said about 2015 OTC is the reason that we shouldn't (and won't) go back to either McCoy or Cousins, barring injury. They have to see what they have in RGIII the rest of the way, and from here on out, he needs to show improvement each week over the last. It's not about winning this year, it's about seeing what we have this year and who is going to be saved for next year.

I don't want to start over again either, but lets face it, we already have with Shanahan gone. Gruden has no ties to the QB, and he won't be affected by the lack of a draft choice. I'm not about to say lets trade up for Mariota or Winston (and seriously, lets stay as far away from Jameis as humanly possible) but if we get a great guy fall to us in the second or third, we have to consider it.

Comment

Working...