Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SuperKevin
    On that last drive Kerrigan was held on like 4 different plays. Heck on one he was almost dragged down by his neck
    He had one hell of a game, and is having a pretty damn good season too. That one you are talking about should have been a definite call.

Comment

• SuperKevin
      War Hero
      • Dec 2009

He's my favorite player on the team. He's very consistent and while he may not always show it on the stat sheet, he's disrupting virtually every passing play

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

He's my favorite player on the team. He's very consistent and while he may not always show it on the stat sheet, he's disrupting virtually every passing play
        Yep, just what I thought about him coming into the draft. Very safe pick, a guy who would always be on the move and doing things. Some people did not like that pick at all, but he's proving to be more than worth it.

Comment

• SuperKevin
          War Hero
          • Dec 2009

The problem is he doesn't have the flashy sack totals that Clay Matthews, Aldon Smith, and JJ Watt are having so you're always going to run into the crowd who thinks he's overrated.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

The problem is he doesn't have the flashy sack totals that Clay Matthews, Aldon Smith, and JJ Watt are having so you're always going to run into the crowd who thinks he's overrated.
            Or that thinks Kerrigan doesn't do anything.

Comment

• SuperKevin
              War Hero
              • Dec 2009

Like 80% of the sacks the rest of the defense gets is because a QB or offensive lineman is worried about keeping Ryan Kerrigan out of the play

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Like 80% of the sacks the rest of the defense gets is because a QB or offensive lineman is worried about keeping Ryan Kerrigan out of the play
                The thing is, his numbers will go up with Brian Orakpo back. If I had to rate a player who was overrated of the two, its definitely Orakpo, but he's the more explosive of the two, therefore, more sacks. He'd definitely have more than the 4.5 that Rob Jackson has.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                  Noob
                  • Nov 2008

redskins in the Playoffs !!!

Comment

• Argath
                    $2 whore
                    • Apr 2009

If someone would have told me last year that the redskins would be playing the cowboys in the last game of the season for the NFC east title I would have laughed my ass off. I can't believe we've made it this far.

I still hope Kyle shannahan gets canned in the off season he is just god awful at playcalling most of our great plays happen when RG3 is improvising scrambling out of the pocket or Alfred Morris is breaking 6 tackles for a 40 yard run.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Argath
                      If someone would have told me last year that the redskins would be playing the cowboys in the last game of the season for the NFC east title I would have laughed my ass off. I can't believe we've made it this far.

I still hope Kyle shannahan gets canned in the off season he is just god awful at playcalling most of our great plays happen when RG3 is improvising scrambling out of the pocket or Alfred Morris is breaking 6 tackles for a 40 yard run.
                      Mike's not going to can his son, and I think the playcalling has been a little bit better this season. To be fair, the Eagles stuffed us late, but the Redskins have shown a killer instinct late in games this year more often than not, instead of just trying to get by.

I won't go so far as the article from the Post did a few weeks ago and say that Kyle's fixed his reputation and is likely back into head coaching consideration, but he's not done enough to be fired. This is coming from a guy who was all aboard that bandwagon leading up to the season as well.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                        Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                        • Jul 2010

now i can relax until next Sunday..........big game next week @ FedEx.
                        but
                        for now............lets go Ravens
                        3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• Argath
                          $2 whore
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                          Mike's not going to can his son, and I think the playcalling has been a little bit better this season. To be fair, the Eagles stuffed us late, but the Redskins have shown a killer instinct late in games this year more often than not, instead of just trying to get by.

I won't go so far as the article from the Post did a few weeks ago and say that Kyle's fixed his reputation and is likely back into head coaching consideration, but he's not done enough to be fired. This is coming from a guy who was all aboard that bandwagon leading up to the season as well.
                          I hope he does get a HC job somewhere so we can get an actual OC. I understand shannys not gonna fire his son but that's why you don't mix business with family. I would credit much of the offensive success this year to RG3 and Morris over Kyle. I'm sick of seeing run calls and play action on 3rd and long it happens every game and we lose 2-3 drives cause of retarded play calling every week

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Argath
                            I hope he does get a HC job somewhere so we can get an actual OC. I understand shannys not gonna fire his son but that's why you don't mix business with family. I would credit much of the offensive success this year to RG3 and Morris over Kyle. I'm sick of seeing run calls and play action on 3rd and long it happens every game and we lose 2-3 drives cause of retarded play calling every week
                            I mean, coaches are overrated in just about every sport, and there is plenty of evidence to support your claim.....we even won a game based off an RGIII run for a TD.

But the fact remains, he has two great players to work with, who can create their own opportunities. That allows you to call some plays and just see what happens. We could certainly have worse coordinators, and I actually want to see how the offense looks next season with a whole off-season devoted to enhancing what worked, taking out what didn't and adding new plays.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

Kyle's playcalling in the Cleveland game with Kirk Cousins was excellent though. He's at his best when he runs a scaled back more conservative offense. When he tries to get creative it nds up disasterous

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                                Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                                • Jul 2010

ok...so wait.
                                Giants lost and Cowboys lost.
                                we play Dallas next week.....
                                if we lose; Cowboys win division based on tie-breakers.
                                AND
                                our chances of making playoffs are not looking good.

its do-or-die then?
                                meanwhile Colts clinches a berth

Sent from x0xHumblex0x's Samsung GALAXY Note II;
                                MFer
                                3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

Working...