Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • celtsxpatsxsox
    Redsox
    • Oct 2008

they will get at least a first and a second imo. Cutler wont be traded until draft day though so they can get the most value out of him.

Comment

• Goober
      Needs a hobby
      • Feb 2009

Keep in mind that Cutler has 3 years left on his deal, and his salary is very low (a couple million max).

Comment

• mgoblue2290
        Posts too much
        • Feb 2009

The Broncos may have the Detroit Lions 20th overall pick in this upcoming draft for Jay Cutler.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
          Jus' bout dat action boss
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by celtsxpatsxsox
          they will get at least a first and a second imo. Cutler wont be traded until draft day though so they can get the most value out of him.
          That's probably the only way they get a major deal for him.. but you are rolling the dice that way as well because if the guys you are eying are no longer there.. i.e. Stafford/Sanchez.. then you really fuck yourself.

Denver is in a no-win situation here no matter how you slice it.
          Originally posted by ram29jackson
          I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
            Redsox
            • Oct 2008

I expect there to be between 4-8 teams pursuing Cutler. The Lions, Jets, Bucs, 49ers are all teams to be highly interested in Cutler along with some other teams like the Seahawks, Browns, maybe even the Rams could also be interested. There will definitely be a bidding war for Cutler and the offers could very well gain value.

Comment

• Kia Kaha
              52Ray_Lewis
              • Dec 2008

i see NYJ getting him, there first and third rounder for Jay Cutler
              NYJ has a great defense in place, a great D-Co-ordinator, a great offensive line, a good young TE and a good pair of RBS, all they need is a QB and a WR, trade for cutler, draft Robiskie or sign a veteran like Holt or Harrison and they will be great

I expect NYJ, DET or TB to get him

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

In all seriousness, I'm actually against the Lions trading for Cutler. We need to focus on building our defense after we take, well I hope we take, Jason Smith at number 1. Then with picks 20 and 33 we can go defense.

I think Cutler will only put up numbers like this past season with a team like the Jets or Bucs.

Comment

• Goober
                  Needs a hobby
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by celtsxpatsxsox
                  I expect there to be between 4-8 teams pursuing Cutler. The Lions, Jets, Bucs, 49ers are all teams to be highly interested in Cutler along with some other teams like the Seahawks, Browns, maybe even the Rams could also be interested. There will definitely be a bidding war for Cutler and the offers could very well gain value.
                  I think you can add the Vikings, Panthers, Redskins, and Jaguars to the mix also.

Comment

• MVP1991
                    The Man
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Kia Kaha
                    i see NYJ getting him, there first and third rounder for Jay Cutler
                    NYJ has a great defense in place, a great D-Co-ordinator, a great offensive line, a good young TE and a good pair of RBS, all they need is a QB and a WR, trade for cutler, draft Robiskie or sign a veteran like Holt or Harrison and they will be great

I expect NYJ, DET or TB to get him
                    It will take more then a 1st and 3rd to get him.

The Golden Turducken
                    Season 1: 11-5 (Super Bowl Champion)
                    Season 2: 12-4 (NFC West Champion)

Season 3: 9-4

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                      Redsox
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
                      I think you can add the Vikings, Panthers, Redskins, and Jaguars to the mix also.
                      I knew I was missing a couple teams...lol. Although the Jags and Redskins wont be in dire need or a QB and the Panthers dont have a first round pick,

Comment

• Kia Kaha
                        52Ray_Lewis
                        • Dec 2008

i dont think it will, Cutler wants out, Denver will trade him so a 1st and 3rd is great value IMO

On the Lions, IMO they should not trade for him, they should build defense in the first three picks
                        They should go Raji at 1, Vontae Davis at 20 and Rey Maualuga at 33 (this guy is slippin bad) with them then takking Herman Johnson/Cornelius Lewis (both G) in round 3 (from DAL) and Willie Moore in Round 3 (pick1 )

Round 1 - Bj Raji
                        Round 1 - Vontae Davis
                        Round 2 - Rey Maualuga
                        Round 3 - Willie Moore
                        Round 3 - Herman Johnson/ Cornelius Lewis
                        Round 4 - Johnathan Luigs

That gives them a solid draft, even though this was off topic lol

Comment

• zack54attack
                          Posts a lot
                          • Dec 2008

Da Bears need to go after him.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                            Redsox
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Kia Kaha
                            i dont think it will, Cutler wants out, Denver will trade him so a 1st and 3rd is great value IMO

On the Lions, IMO they should not trade for him, they should build defense in the first three picks
                            They should go Raji at 1, Vontae Davis at 20 and Rey Maualuga at 33 (this guy is slippin bad) with them then takking Herman Johnson/Cornelius Lewis (both G) in round 3 (from DAL) and Willie Moore in Round 3 (pick1 )

Round 1 - Bj Raji
                            Round 1 - Vontae Davis
                            Round 2 - Rey Maualuga
                            Round 3 - Willie Moore
                            Round 3 - Herman Johnson/ Cornelius Lewis
                            Round 4 - Johnathan Luigs

That gives them a solid draft, even though this was off topic lol
                            That would be great value for him if there was only 1 team involved. But there could possibly be 10 teams involved which would definitely raise the value of Cutler.

Comment

• Rylo
                              Corpse Disgracer
                              • Oct 2008

Cutler will end up with the Jets most likely.

Comment

• ultfrisbee
                                • Dec 2008

Told ya guys, Detroit sign Orlando Pace and Torry Holt, then they trade their 20th overall and another lower pick for Cutler and they draft Curry/Raji. They make the playoffs with 8-8, lose in 2nd week to the Eagles!

Comment

Working...