X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bear Pand
    RIP Indy Colts
    • Feb 2009

Brady sucks now

First few years dude wins 3 superbowl rings, and goes 9-0 in the posteason. Only throws 3 INTs in those 9 games.

AND THEN

05: One and done in the playoffs. Throws critical INT vs the Broncos.
    06: Loses in AFC Championship. Biggest comeback in CG history (i believe). Throws up an INT at the end just cause.
    07: Perfect regular season. One of the best seasons we've seen from a QB. Plays like shit vs the Chargers. Eats one of the biggest upsets in SB history vs the Giants.
    08:
    09: 23-42, 4 turnover performance at home against the ravens.
    10: Gets smacked at up home against the Jets.
    11: Rips apart a trash Broncos team, everyone thinks Playoff Tom is back. Then he looks bad against the Ravens, scores a safety first play of the Superbowl and loses to the Giants again.

From 9-0 with an 11-3 TD:INT ratio. To 7-6 with 27:17.

I'm tired of the myth that he's some clutch godly playoff performer. I think with this latest Superbowl loss it's time to kill it for good. I'm not pinning yesterdays loss on him, he had an OK game aside from the LOL safety... But he did not live up to the legend, and he hasn't since 2004.

Dude puts up a lot of nice numbers in the regular season, and racks up a lot of wins...but come playoff time something happens. I don't know if he's scared, choking or what. Dude don't got the juice anymore.
  • Garrett67
    Glory Hole Monitor
    • Feb 2009

Perhaps it wasn't him that was so good but rather the people around him.

Comment

• StealthShot
      Eat it
      • Oct 2008

The offense has no running game what so ever and thedefense gets worse every year.

Comment

• Acesuper
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by StealthShot
        The offense has no running game what so ever and thedefense gets worse every year.
        Maybe I don't follow the Patriots as much but I thought that is always The Patriots. How I remember those playoff runs way back then, their secondary was in shambles, their receiving corps was average... Ah... But then Brady would come trot onto the field and you thought.. fuck. Here comes Brady. "Ice in his veins." "Look at him warming up on the sideline while his team is trailing a touchdown and he has a minute left."

Last night I got a little excited when Bradshaw fell into the endzone. Wanted to believe.

How the past lingers...

Comment

• Bear Pand
          RIP Indy Colts
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by StealthShot
          They've been morphing into the Indianapolis Colts before our very eyes. It's beautiful, I loved those teams.

Comment

• ram29jackson
            Noob
            • Nov 2008

its simple, greatness in athletics has a short shelf life and everything has to go right/well.

He was good enough to get to the big game but age and time was still a factor the last 4 years. No matter how small the difference,it always happens. He has gotten smarter as a QB,But physical ability always decreases over time. His offense may well be stronger next year at playmaker positions,but as good as he is, he will show signs of being the weaker link. Not weakest,just weaker. Its the nature of sports. I said already this year that he wasnt as good as before but the young inexperienced band wagon jumping fans around here mocked that LOL..you can waist time saying they could have won the game if only for this or that factor,but the fact is it didnt happen and those are small reasons why..he's great but still not what he use to be.

Comment

• ralaw
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

Outside of the obvious age factor Brady is still the same dude and still is effective. Much of football success and failure is situational. A play here or there changes outcomes and I guess for some perspectives.

Comment

• Villain
                [REDACTED]
                • May 2011

Are we blaming dropped passes on the QB here?
                [REDACTED]

Comment

• Blick
                  The Judge
                  • Mar 2009

Brady was fantastic on his two TD drives yesterday. 15/15 152 yards, 7:35 of possession. 148.5 QB rating

Other than that, he sucked. 12/26 124 yards (4.7 ypa), O TD's, 1 INT, 15:22 of possession. 75 QB rating.

Comment

• Villain
                    [REDACTED]
                    • May 2011

If Wes Welker doesn't drop that pass, this thread doesn't exist.
                    [REDACTED]

Comment

• Bear Pand
                      RIP Indy Colts
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Villain
                      If Wes Welker doesn't drop that pass, this thread doesn't exist.
                      If Lee Evans doesn't drop that pass, I would've made it two weeks ago.

Comment

• killgod
                        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bear Pand
                        If Lee Evans doesn't drop that past, I would've made it two weeks ago.
                        If Tony Romo makes that pass, herpa derpa sherpa purpa.

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                          Grind.
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by killgod
                          If Tony Romo makes that pass, herpa derpa sherpa purpa.
                          if that pats would have beat more than one team that finished above .500 blah blah blah

Comment

• Liquidrob
                            Izzy is a bum
                            • Feb 2009

Agreed, the myth has been busted, said it in the ELI thread earlier today

Things are not as easy when you can't cheat, the facts don't lie, pats rarely would lose to a team the 2nd time they played them during spygate days, was a big reason for there success, since then it has happened a lot

Obviously a top QB in the league, but after the tainted SBs he hasn't been mr clutch in the playoffs
                            Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• killgod
                              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ThunderForce
                              if that pats would have beat more than one team that finished above .500 blah blah blah
                              Welcome to the parity era.

Half the league is one play away from glory every week.

Are you all just catching on now or do you want to play your "what if" game to see if gets you anywhere?

Comment

Working...