X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bucky
    #50? WTF?
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
    Your opinion of the "bar he set for himself" is skewed, because he won 3 SB's. If Vinatieri misses those kicks Brady loses those SB's and the "bar he set for himself" is much lower even though his performances are the same.
    And then nobody thinks of him as GOAT. You saying that Brady wasn't "GOAT" good back when they were winning SB's. You saying Brady was just good and the kicker and defense won those SB's? Then Brady was never really in the GOAT conversation.

I'm with shag773. NE's playoffs since the SB wins have affected Brady's legacy. Not enough to take him completely out of the GOAT convo, or keep him from being a first ballot HOF'er. But it does effect his GOAT legacy.

Brett Favre, after his first two SB seasons (one win), threw horrible late game ints in the playoffs. That does affect Brett's GOAT standing. I don't have Brett anywhere near GOAT because of it.

Brady's playoff performances, since the SB wins, to me, have an affect on his GOAT legacy. That's not even close to saying he's not one of the best ever. He is one of the best ever.

Comment

• FirstTimer
      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by shag773
      His offense put up 14 then 17 points in the last two SBs. That's putting up points?
      Yes. That's "putting up points". I didn't say he set Super Bowl scoring records. I said his offense scored enough points to win games through 58 minutes of football before his defense gave the lead up.

I don't down grade Brady because he lsot Super Bowls watching his defense give up leads on the sideline after either A. Having his team in front the entire second half or B. Just engineering a go ahead TD drive.

That's football retarded.

So asking him to lead one TD scoring drive in the fourth quarter that thwarts the chances of any comeback is too much to ask?
      That's hilarious you even bring that up because in 2007 he did just that.........and took the lead...then the Pats defense lost it.

Asking him not to throw a terrible INT on 1st and 10 with great field position in the 4th quarter is too much to ask?

Come on...
      I never said he was perfect or some unfalliable fourth quarter option. Quit being thick headed. The guy played well enough to have his team ahead in the Super Bowl with minutes to go in the 4th quarter, and the defense gave up TD drives.

I think it's stupid we hold this against Brady yet you could easily turn around to a guy like Joe Cool who playing in a Super Bowl at home didn't play well enough to have his team not need him to lead a long TD drive and needed a dropped INT to win the game in "clutch" fashion.

This is getting stupid. Brady played well enough for his team to win the game the last time he set foot on the field with any real shot at winning the game. That's what I look at. Not "ZOMG! He only put up x amount of points in the Super Bowl!"

Comment

• bucky
        #50? WTF?
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
        Yes. That's "putting up points". I didn't say he set Super Bowl scoring records. I said his offense scored enough points to win games through 58 minutes of football before his defense gave the lead up.
        Really? 14 points and that's enough? Scoring only 14 points in a playoff game, especially a SB is putting a LOT of pressure on your defense. To me, that's a little unfair to the defense saying they gave up the points at the end. 14 points in today's NFL isn't much.

GB struggles on offense and only scores 14 points and I'm not putting all the blame on the defense.

Unless the ball is knocked out of the QB's hands by a blown block, or a tipped pass by the receiver, a 4th QTR int is completely on the QB.

Comment

• Liquidrob
          Izzy is a bum
          • Feb 2009

according to FT Brady did his job and was done after the first drive the 3rd in this super bowl, they had the lead, why the need to score more?
          Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• FirstTimer
            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by bucky
            Really? 14 points and that's enough?
            It would have been more than enough had Tyree not made a miracle grab or Asante holds onto a pick.

So yes. That's enough.
            To me, that's a little unfair to the defense saying they gave up the points at the end.
            Wrong.

No one else was out there.

The defense was.

Tough shit.

GB struggles on offense and only scores 14 points and I'm not putting all the blame on the defense.
            I'm not putting all the blame on the defense. Read the thread again.

Unless the ball is knocked out of the QB's hands by a blown block, or a tipped pass by the receiver, a 4th QTR int is completely on the QB.
            The hell does this have to do with anything?

Comment

• FirstTimer
              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Liquidrob
              according to FT Brady did his job and was done after the first drive the 3rd in this super bowl, they had the lead, why the need to score more?
              Wrong.

MMA meathead hyperbole FTL.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                Izzy is a bum
                • Feb 2009

The Giants D totally shit the bed in the super bowl IMO, the Giants were up 9 points at one point, good thing Eli kept trying to score

Comment

• shag773
                  • Jul 2009

I'm sure the offensive gameplan in each of those games were..."Lets score 14-17 points, then we'll put it in the hands of our defense...."

Sounds like a winning formula to me....

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by MVPete1982
                    You can't sit there and say that the Pats 2007 team with the greatest offense in NFL history should of only scored 14 points. Their defense showed up minus that Tyree play and the Samuel INT drop, but again I think even Tom would say that 14 points is not acceptable with the team they had that year.
                    Ok?

And the point is?...........................

Even if I agree with your assesment of 2007 who would you put that offensive issue on? Brady or the Patriots Oline that got dominated the entire night and got Brady killed?

I'm sure Brady was the one missing blocks.

/Giselle.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

ZOMG. The Patriots offense only put up 14 points! Clearly Brady was fucking up the whole game!

It's not liek we weren't all alive for that game and are unable to objectively view and make assessments of the plays. Nope, much better to just bitch about the amount of poitn sbeing scored then just ramble on about Brady.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                        Izzy is a bum
                        • Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Liquidrob
                        Brady did nothing after the first drive the 3rd quarter
                        FirstTimer
                        You mean after he lead the go ahead drive and the drive to make it an 8 point game?
                        Agreed, game should have been over, the job was clearly done

Comment

• ralaw
                          Posts too much
                          • Feb 2009

People, no one is saying Brady is the GOAT or was this great performer in every SB he won. This is the issue though, because many of you believe that in order to be considered great a player has to not only play well, but also win the game. If he plays well and loses the SB than he didn't do enough. However, that sort of logic doesn't take into account all of the other factors that come into play. SB wins and losses don't always boil down to what the QB does or doesnt' do. My only point is that you shouldn't be a prisoner of the moment and claim Brady isn't what we thought he was simply because his team loss 2 superbowls due to plays that were out of his control.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Agreed, game should have been over, the job was clearly done
                            Meatheaded MMA fan is a meathead.

Comment

• bucky
                              #50? WTF?
                              • Feb 2009

Defenses are going to give up points in today's NFL. Offenses need to score more than 14 points.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
                                People, no one is saying Brady is the GOAT or was this great performer in every SB he won. This is the issue though, because many of you believe that in order to be considered great a player has to not only play well, but also win the game. If he plays well and loses the SB than he didn't do enough. However, that sort of logic doesn't take into account all of the other factors that come into play. SB wins and losses don't always boil down to what the QB does or doesnt' do.
                                Quit using logic ralaw.

It's lost on these goons.

BB is the best coach over the last decade, Brady is the best QB over that time, idk who you put it on but 14 points with that team's offense isn't enough.
                                Yep, clearly all on Brady and BB.

Hey guiz, remember when BB couldn't block Michael Strahan!?!?

The Giants defense that year wasn't anything special either minus their D-Line.
                                Translation: The only part of the Giants defense that was special was the most important part of any defensive unit.

They had just beaten them in week 17 as well during the regular season.
                                And that was a low scoring game.

Why is everyone shocked that this one was so low scoring?!

Bradshaw falls over at the 1 and the Giants score 18 points and win no one gives two shits that the Giants put up a mesely 18 points. Brady puts up 17 and loses : "ZOMG! How could he score so little! LULZ AT CLUTCH!" "Brady scores 14 against the Giants in 2007 and wins "Gutsy win while getting killed all game. Competitor. Slow motion throw to Moss shown forever. 2007 NE is GOAT. 14 points and loss on some miracle plays: ZOMG! WHat a choke!.

LOL at you all being this simple minded.

Comment

Working...