Enjoy week 4 of the NFL season....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KINGOFOOTBALL
    • Feb 2009

NFL makes a showcase and event out of changing the fabric of there jerseys. They fine players thousands to having there jersey too short or socks too high. They outright ban things like certain neckwear and bandanas. The NFL restricts the usage of alternate jerseys and throwback uniforms. ACTUAL uniforms the team has used.
    But somehow Goodell plasters his league in Pink for a month under the guise of charity.

Its fuckin pathetic. Roger is massive hypocrite on nearly every level.
    Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• ralaw
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Comment

• bucky
        #50? WTF?
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
        I went to support some family members in the Breast Cancer Dirty Girl run and my favorite was a t-shirt with "Save second base".

Comment

• NAHSTE
          Probably owns the site
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
          It is an absolute travesty that the NFL uses breast cancer to cash in and promote its brand. When 95% (guess) of the people who watch the sport get cancers other than that of the breast far more often and go to the doctor about these things far less often. The NFL could actually use a month to get men thinking about checking for a lump on their balls and maybe they might actually save some lives.
          Baseball has a prostate cancer awareness weekend AND a breast cancer awareness weekend.

Yet another reason why baseball > NFL.

Comment

• JeremyHight
            I wish I was Scrubs
            • Feb 2009

Why are people complaining that athletes and sporting organizations actually do something nice for a change and raise money for charity through auctions of game-worn pink stuff? We sit back to pay 8 bucks for a hot dog, 10 bucks for a beer, and 200 bucks for tickets, but if the NFL wants to raise money for a month by having some pink gloves and armbands, all of a sudden, they are bastards.

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JeremyHight
              Why are people complaining that athletes and sporting organizations actually do something nice for a change and raise money for charity through auctions of game-worn pink stuff? We sit back to pay 8 bucks for a hot dog, 10 bucks for a beer, and 200 bucks for tickets, but if the NFL wants to raise money for a month by having some pink gloves and armbands, all of a sudden, they are bastards.
              Agreed. And as far as the idea of "they're only doing it for themselves"...well, most corporations are. They do charity for the publicity and the tax break.

Comment

• Blick
                The Judge
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                Baseball has a prostate cancer awareness weekend AND a breast cancer awareness weekend.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the baseball season being a million days long.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                  Noob
                  • Nov 2008

the only men who wear pink are preppy's n pimps

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ram29jackson
                    the only men who wear pink are preppy's n pimps
                    What was Bret Hart?

Comment

• ram29jackson
                      Noob
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                      What was Bret Hart?
                      pretender

Comment

• Tailback U
                        No substitute 4 strength.
                        • Nov 2008

Doesn't really bother me. I don't really care if they want to wear pink for a month. And it's really not that bad, most guys just have a towel. There are some guys that go all out and deck everything in pink but the majority of players just sport a towel or something small if you really watch.

And how is it distracting? Do you have trouble finding the ball because guys are wearing pink towels?

Comment

• ram29jackson
                          Noob
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tailback U
                          Doesn't really bother me. I don't really care if they want to wear pink for a month. And it's really not that bad, most guys just have a towel. There are some guys that go all out and deck everything in pink but the majority of players just sport a towel or something small if you really watch.

And how is it distracting? Do you have trouble finding the ball because guys are wearing pink towels?
                          youre understating it quite a bit LOL

theres pink shoes all over the place and gloves etc...I dont hate it either, but its incredibly obvious on tv

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                            Throbbing Tebowner
                            • Oct 2008

ITT: Bitches find something to bitch about.
                            So, metaphorically speaking, our physiology basically has the universe mapped out and you're thinking it needs to be taught addition & subtraction.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• Tailback U
                              No substitute 4 strength.
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ram29jackson
                              youre understating it quite a bit LOL

theres pink shoes all over the place and gloves etc...I dont hate it either, but its incredibly obvious on tv
                              omg pink shoes and pink gloves? holy shit what is the world coming to.

Comment

• Golden Taters
                                RIP West
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE

MLB pulls it off a lot better, I actually don't mind this at all.

NFL is a kinda overkill, especially now since it appears in Madden every game during the month of October, REAL TIME, you are stuck with pink accessories and shit like this. /rant

wat.

Comment

Working...