is Jonathan Martin a dumb ass or did someone do something to him worth talking about?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ram29jackson
    Noob
    • Nov 2008

is Jonathan Martin a dumb ass or did someone do something to him worth talking about?

that stupid "bullying" word thrown around again.

The Miami Dolphins, including Coach Joe Philbin and Jonathan's teammates, have been in communication with Jonathan and his family since his departure from the club and continue to be in contact. Our primary concern for Jonathan is his overall health and well-being. As an organization, we take any accusations of player misconduct seriously. The notion of bullying is based on speculation and has not been presented to us as a concern from Jonathan or anyone else internally. The reports that the NFLPA is investigating our players are inaccurate. Additionally, the NFL offered its assistance during this time, which we appreciated and gladly accepted. We will continue to make Jonathan's health and well-being a focus as we do with all of our players."

In fact, Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel reporters Omar Kelly and Dave Hyde said Martin’s departure was a result of his previous emotional issues. There is no set timetable for his return.

Recently, a younger player was handed the tab for a $30,000 team dinner. The rookie minimum this year is around $400.000.

One young defensive player, whose privacy I'm protecting, has literally gone broke because he's been pressured to pay for older players.
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

Well if you are constantly demanding rookies pay for you, you're probably an asshole. Some people get sick of dealing with assholes. Gonna need to hear more about the actual situation involving Martin though.

Comment

• ram29jackson
      Noob
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE
      Well if you are constantly demanding rookies pay for you, you're probably an asshole. Some people get sick of dealing with assholes. Gonna need to hear more about the actual situation involving Martin though.
      how about something as simple as ...say "no" and walk away. Are people so stupid they cant do that and something this trivial becomes major news ? seriously ,unless Martin is depressed and suicidal , this is a waste of media attention and an example of really talented people in the pc everyone gets a trophy culture.

Comment

• Maynard
        stupid ass titles
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ram29jackson
        how about something as simple as ...say "no" and walk away. Are people so stupid they cant do that and something this trivial becomes major news ? seriously ,unless Martin is depressed and suicidal , this is a waste of media attention and an example of really talented people in the pc everyone gets a trophy culture.
        right, because you no anything about life or what goes on in a NFL locker room. anyone with half a brain would know this goes beyond Martin trying to offer a simple "no"

Comment

• ram29jackson
          Noob
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Maynard
          right, because you no anything about life or what goes on in a NFL locker room. anyone with half a brain would know this goes beyond Martin trying to offer a simple "no"
          for stupid people maybe but the fact is that's the answer that stops any of what they are referring to at the moment.

Comment

• Maynard
            stupid ass titles
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ram29jackson
            for stupid people maybe but the fact is that's the answer that stops any of what they are referring to at the moment.
            i guess you never heard of rookie hazing? oh, thats right...you know nothing about football

Comment

• 1ke
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
              • Mar 2009

Not to mention I've seen it wasn't just Martin. It was a couple of younger players.

I was the first one calling dude a faggot, but as more slowly comes out, it seems the only way he thought he could stop it and finally say enough is enough was by leaving the squad. Apparently lots of his older teammates were loving and living up the Miami nightlife, all on rookies checks too.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                Noob
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Maynard
                i guess you never heard of rookie hazing? oh, thats right...you know nothing about football
                what the hell does that have to do with anything ? the players don't make the team based on any veteran players decisions or whether a rookie can tolerate pranks.

Comment

• Aso
                  The Serious House
                  • Nov 2008

Tyron Smith his rookie year had to get a restraining order against his family because they kept asking and expecting money from him and the story didn't even really break until the season was over. I feel like if you handle shit the right way then you can keep your name out of the news. Martin more than likely handled this situation very poorly.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Martin, by all accounts, is very soft and fragile mentally. Supposedly, the players do fuck with him a lot, though. They nicknamed him "Big Weirdo" and are always ribbing him.

Sounds like Martin just hit a wall, with everything else (being moved to RT), just took flight.

Comment

• f16harm
                      -
                      • Feb 2009

Martin is very soft, but also very intelligent. He also sucks so it's not that big of a loss and probably part of the problems he's having (i.e. can't take the criticism)

For the record, both of his parents are lawyers.... SHOCKER! So, my guess is that softy got sick of the shit and knew no one would take him serious if he attempted to stand up for himself, so mommy and daddy told him to play the legal card. Hence why he has left and now filed a formal complaint.

Hope guy likes his decision, because IMO all this does is begin to make his career even harder than it was. Even if on another team, players aren't going to want to trust him.

Comment

• JeremyHight
                        I wish I was Scrubs
                        • Feb 2009

Tampa is doing fine without him, they don't need to hit on all their draft picks.

Comment

• Matt
                          No longer a noob
                          • Jun 2012

The boy is soft. Nothing more than that.

Thanks for allowing every sports media outlet to bring up "BULLYING IN THE LOCKER ROOM"

Comment

• Aso
                            The Serious House
                            • Nov 2008

Richie Incognito has been suspended indefinitely for his alleged treatment of Jonathan Martin.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                              Probably owns the site
                              • Feb 2009

Comment

Working...