X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

Johnny Manziel declares for 2014 NFL Draft

The paperwork has been filed. Now where will he end up? I'm guessing Cleveland-

Johnny Manziel declares for 2014 NFL Draft
    As expected, Texas A&M star QB Johnny Manziel is turning pro.
    By Chase Goodbread

Make way for Johnny Football in the NFL.

Johnny Manziel, as expected, will enter the 2014 NFL Draft and leave two years of college eligibility on the NCAA table. The Texas A&M star quarterback submitted his name to the NFL for inclusion in the 2014 NFL Draft, according to NFL Media analyst Gil Brandt.
    Underclassmen tracker
    NFL.com's College Football 24/7 is tracking reports of the intentions of college football underclassmen in anticipation for the 2014 NFL Draft. More ...

Manziel's Aggies teammate, wide receiver Mike Evans, announced his decision to leave for the NFL through the school on Jan. 2.

NFL rules allow players who are three years removed from high school to enter the draft. Although Manziel played just two seasons at Texas A&M, he redshirted at the school in 2011, giving him the necessary three years away from from his days as a star at Kerrville (Texas) Tivy High School to enter the upcoming draft.

At A&M, Manziel set an SEC single-season record for total offense as a redshirt freshman in 2012 with 5,116 yards, including a league-high 1,410 rushing yards, on the way to becoming the first freshman ever to win the Heisman Trophy. At the time, critics of Manziel's NFL potential pointed to his size (6-foot-1, 200 pounds), his unconventional style, his unwillingness to be patient in the pocket, and his offseason reputation as a party animal as negatives.

His rock-star persona had a polarizing effect on fans outside of College Station, although he was embraced by his teammates as an outstanding team player and leader.

In 2013, Manziel's play helped him shed some of those concerns, particularly with his development as a passer and his patience in the pocket. As a result, his rushing production was roughly cut in half, but his passing numbers exceeded his Heisman-winning season with 4,114 yards and 37 touchdown passes. He also, for the first time, began to slide and run out of bounds this season to protect himself physically from taking too many hits from defenses.

Scouts have widely projected Manziel as a first-round draft pick, although speculation on where in the first round he will be chosen has varied. Though his improvements as a passer have been undeniable, he remains loathe to get rid of the ball with a throw out of bounds when a play breaks down, as NFL quarterbacks do, instead using his improvisational style to try to turn a bad play into a spectacular one. That tendency is one that his eventual NFL coach will likely try to reign in.

As for his off-field magnetism, that's likely here to stay.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.
  • Influence
    King George
    • Jun 2012

I don't think he is NFL quarterback material
    The Original

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
      • Feb 2009

Never seen him play but Folks want the Cowboys to draft him as eventual successor to Romo. What his deal ? people keep calling him another Matt Leinhart.
      Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Tailback U
        No substitute 4 strength.
        • Nov 2008

He is nothing like Leinart...stupid comparison that I haven't heard.

I'm not sure how his game will adapt to the pro game but he does have some Russell Wilson in him, another guy who had a lot of questions surrounding him.

I think he will be good if he gets time, sitting behind romo could actually do wonders for him. My guess is that someone will draft him to come in immediately, though.

Comment

• Sharkweather
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
          Never seen him play
          Okay Aso.

Comment

• Houston
            Back home
            • Oct 2008

fuck-dallas.jpg

Manziel-before-and-after1.jpg

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
              He is nothing like Leinart...stupid comparison that I haven't heard.

I'm not sure how his game will adapt to the pro game but he does have some Russell Wilson in him, another guy who had a lot of questions surrounding him.

I think he will be good if he gets time, sitting behind romo could actually do wonders for him. My guess is that someone will draft him to come in immediately, though.
              I think it was in reference to his hot shot Im the guy personality.
              Cowboys dont pick until mid first Im sure someone will be QB hungry before that anyways.
              Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

How can one call himself "King Of Football" having never watched a player who is literally named Football ...

Comment

• Bomberooski
                  #GoHawks
                  • Feb 2009

I will never get sick of a "Johnny Manziel Girl" image search. Poor guy
                  I give rep not thanks
                  My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

I think Houston goes with Bridgewater, so that means that Jacksonville has their choice of Manziel or Bortles. Of course, that is provided another team doesn't want that choice and trades with St Louis.

Considering no trade by the Rams, I have to think Jacksonville takes the UCF product in Bortles and Manziel goes to Cleveland. Some rumors are out that Chudzinski didn't like Manziel and that was something that lead to his firing, so the Browns are a safe bet.

Comment

• dave
                      Go the fuck outside
                      • Oct 2008

If I were Cleveland, I'd go all-in with Manziel ... build the offence/offense around his skill set, get backup QBs who play the same way ... go all-in. If nothing else, Manziel is interesting ... more interesting than Jason Campbell. Hell, same deal for Minnesota ... go all Ricky Bobby - first or last.

Frankly, I think the Bills should jettison boring Manuel and draft Manziel if he's still there (he won't be). Manziel under Doug Marrone ... brilliant. Manuel under Doug Marrone - nice kid, great interview, but oh, so boring, injury-prone and inefficient.
                      My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• ram29jackson
                        Noob
                        • Nov 2008

dude's too small and chucks blind bombs...how will that translate to pro's ? will he end up a better Doug Flutie ?

Comment

• ram29jackson
                          Noob
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                          How can one call himself "King Of Football" having never watched a player who is literally named Football ...

hehehehehahaha

Comment

• dave
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ram29jackson
                            dude's too small and chucks blind bombs...how will that translate to pro's ? will he end up a better Doug Flutie ?
                            He's taller than Russell Wilson. Not saying he's better than Russell Wilson, but simply dismissing him because of his size is ridiculous.
                            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Nucking Futs
                              Word Life
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Houston
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1912[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1913[/ATTACH]

o TH3 N3RD o

Comment

Working...