X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j.hen
    Self Care
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE
    Shame there isn't a starting caliber safety in his physical prime available in free agency. You just don't see those kind of players available this late in the season. Nothing to be done. Sad.

Quinn's stubbornness and his belief that he can "coach em up" with practice squad bums filling in for Keanu and Rico is going to cost us a playoff spot unless the offense can go back to 2012 mode and just simply out score teams. I get not wanting to trade for Earl Thomas, who will be too expensive to retain, but Reid is literally just sitting there waiting on a phone call and he is roughly the same caliber of player as Neal.

I am not ready to throw in the towel yet. The schedule is manageable. I think they might be able to stay afloat over the next month or so, at which point they get Debo back in the middle and could still be in the playoff mix down the stretch. If they can get to 5-4 or 6-3 by week 10, hope is not lost IMO.

But ... it's pretty frustrating to see them refuse to make such an obvious upgrade to a depleted unit.
    I feel ya, but I seriously doubt Reid is just sitting there waiting on a phone call. He’s suing the NFL. If he was going to play this year he would be on a team right now. I think we should give Detroit a 6th round pick for Miles Killebrew.

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by j.hen
      I feel ya, but I seriously doubt Reid is just sitting there waiting on a phone call. He’s suing the NFL. If he was going to play this year he would be on a team right now. I think we should give Detroit a 6th round pick for Miles Killebrew.
      Maybe, maybe not. My frustration stems more from the fact that the Falcons don't even think it's worth a try. Quinn insisting he has enough in the building to make it work with the undersized 5th round pick and the UDFA corner who couldn't bring down Drew Brees with the game on the line.

Fun times.

Comment

• ram29jackson
        Noob
        • Nov 2008

Falcons are hosting the SB this year. By default they aren't even worth talking about. They are pre ordained to fail

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
          Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
          • Jul 2010

and tonight - NFL fans will see the Kirk Cousins i knew with the Redskins.
          He cant win games.
          3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• the Brain
            • Jan 2010

Panthers sign Eric Reed

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by the Brain
              I seriously doubt Reid is just sitting there waiting on a phone call.
              When the take ages poorly.

Congrats to the Panthers for being smart enough to sign a top tier safety who was just sitting there. Happy for Reid that he can get back to work.

Falcons are once again too stupid for their own good.

Comment

• the Brain
                • Jan 2010

Congrats to the Panthers for being smart enough to sign a top tier safety who was just sitting there. Happy for Reid that he can get back to work.

I was afraid Atl would snap him up. I was also afraid the Panthers wouldn't do the obvious. Anyone that watched Colin Jones get torched by the Bungles had to see he wasn't going to be a capable fill in for Searcy.

Comment

• Tailback U
                  No substitute 4 strength.
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by the Brain
                  What a great move by Carolina. Intrigued to see how this move plays out against the Saints, Falcons, and Bucs offenses.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                    Formerly ravensownall17
                    • Feb 2009

Well, the Panthers have a new fan now. Hoping this opens the door for Kaepernick but I'm not holding my breath. Probably still too toxic as the face of the movement I guess. I was really pissed when the Ravens didn't sign him last year (and then made gaffe after gaffe in their handling of it afterwards, as they always do with PR stuff).

Comment

• j.hen
                      Self Care
                      • Oct 2008

Wow. I stand corrected. Can’t decide if this helps or hurts his case against the NFL.

Really bad look for Atlanta. We’re really sticking with Jordan Richards, a guy who has done nothing to show he’s worthy of a roster spot on any NFL team.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                        Probably owns the site
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by j.hen
                        Wow. I stand corrected. Can’t decide if this helps or hurts his case against the NFL.

Really bad look for Atlanta. We’re really sticking with Jordan Richards, a guy who has done nothing to show he’s worthy of a roster spot on any NFL team.
                        Yeah, it just sucks for us fans who have to watch these UDFA jobbers struggle when we had hopes of finally seeing an elite defense.

To make passing on the layup even worse, a division rival swooped in and took it instead

Comment

• j.hen
                          Self Care
                          • Oct 2008

Yeah, it just sucks for us fans who have to watch these UDFA jobbers struggle when we had hopes of finally seeing an elite defense.

To make passing on the layup even worse, a division rival swooped in and took it instead
                          If we had Keanu, Debo, and Allen still we would absolutely have a top 5 unit. Deion Jones & Keanu Neal are the two guys we really couldn’t afford to miss time this year, Jones especially. When we lost those guys I was thankful we still had Allen to keep the guys right and weather the storm until Jones got back. I still had hope, then Takk missed a game and Allen goes down.

Literally the 4 guys with the most heart on our D and they all go down. At least it seems like Takk will be back this week. This guy really needs to play a full season, he could be elite.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                            Noob
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by BazookaJoe5
                            Well, the Panthers have a new fan now. Hoping this opens the door for Kaepernick but I'm not holding my breath. Probably still too toxic as the face of the movement I guess. I was really pissed when the Ravens didn't sign him last year (and then made gaffe after gaffe in their handling of it afterwards, as they always do with PR stuff).
                            Lol at toxic. He's on a national ad campaign.
                            He's just another celebrity. Everyone's talking about proper tackling now.No one cares about Knee-gate

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                              Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                              • Jul 2010

Cousins choked - holds onto the ball way too long.
                              i have seen that too many times. glad he is the Vikings problem now with that expensive "tag"-like contract.
                              3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

Working...