X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chazmaniandevil
    Son of Hades
    • Nov 2008

Heatley To San Jose Pt. 2

The Ottawa Senators have sent disgruntled winger Dany Heatley to San Jose in exchange for Milan Michalek, Jonathan Cheechoo and a second-round pick.

OTTAWA -- The Ottawa Senators have sent disgruntled winger Dany Heatley to San Jose in exchange for Milan Michalek, Jonathan Cheechoo and a second-round pick.

The Sharks also got a fifth-round pick in the deal announced on Saturday.

The trade on the opening day of training camp ends a dispute that has overshadowed the Senators in recent months.

The 28-year-old Heatley said he wanted out of Ottawa because he wasn't being used properly. But he angered fans when he refused to waive a no-trade clause to go to Edmonton.

The Sharks beef up their offense by acquiring a former 50-goal scorer. Heatley had 39 goals and 33 assists last season.

• chazmaniandevil
    Son of Hades
    • Nov 2008

fuckkkk not michalek

Comment

• killgod
      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by chazmaniandevil
      fuckkkk not michalek

overrated as fuck.

he's yet to show up when needed. 16pts 39gp in playoffs. That's fucking terrible for a top 6 forward, at his stage in his career.

cheechoo was a one hit wonder.

this trade rules. our top line is going to rape face.

Comment

• chazmaniandevil
        Son of Hades
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by killgod
        overrated as fuck.

he's yet to show up when needed. 16pts 39gp in playoffs. That's fucking terrible for a top 6 forward, at his stage in his career.

cheechoo was a one hit wonder.

this trade rules. our top line is going to rape face.
        i hate cheechoo just like everybody else, but michalek was a solid contributor and was only 23 i think

but i agreee, we will rape face, the stanley cup is ours

Comment

• killgod
          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by chazmaniandevil
          i hate cheechoo just like everybody else, but michalek was a solid contributor and was only 23 i think

but i agreee, we will rape face, the stanley cup is ours
          25. certainly not worth 4.3 Million.

The two combined are not worth Heatley and come at the same cost.

I wouldn't go that far...but at least we have a proven elite goal scorer which is what we need to compete in the playoffs.

Comment

• chazmaniandevil
            Son of Hades
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by killgod
            25. certainly not worth 4.3 Million.

The two combined are not worth Heatley and come at the same cost.

I wouldn't go that far...but at least we have a proven elite goal scorer which is what we need to compete in the playoffs.
            true. and getting nichols earlier this offseason doesnt hurt. i really like what the team has done thus far.

Comment

• wr50l
              Glen & CJ are secret Huns
              • Oct 2008

Sharks are my favourites to win the Cup now.

EDIT: I thought it said they traded Thornton. Sharks still suck when it matters.
              Last edited by wr50l; 09-12-2009, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Boss AZ
                Hi Haters
                • Feb 2009

Finally done. I don't even know what to think anymore. Just happy there's a deal even if I don't like it. Michalek is the only piece I like in the deal.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                  Beautiful Like Moses
                  • Oct 2008

Still cant believe how bad Cheechoo has fallen off since winning the Richard. Seems like a good deal for the Sharks assuming Cheechoo doesnt take off again.

Comment

• Ravin
                    Dishing the Gino's
                    • Feb 2009

The leafs winning the cup joke is as old as the players who won the last cup for the leafs.

Basically this trade adds depth for Ottawa which they really needed. Though I wonder where their scoring is going to come from now, as Spezza and Alfredsson were more set up guys. As for the Sharks, well not they do have a killer front line, and you hope it works all together.

On another totally different angle, if Heatley, Thorton and Marleau work well together, team Canada will have a set line right there with a group of guys who already play with each other.
                    All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• killgod
                      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Ravin
                      The leafs winning the cup joke is as old as the players who won the last cup for the leafs.

Basically this trade adds depth for Ottawa which they really needed. Though I wonder where their scoring is going to come from now, as Spezza and Alfredsson were more set up guys. As for the Sharks, well not they do have a killer front line, and you hope it works all together.

On another totally different angle, if Heatley, Thorton and Marleau work well together, team Canada will have a set line right there with a group of guys who already play with each other.
                      Indeed. Much like the St. Louis/LeCavalier/Richards line used in the World Cup of hockey back in 04 (i think....when they won those ugly ass yellow jerseys)

At the very least it takes away some of the undeserved scrutiny off Marleau since he's not going to be 'relied on as'/'expected to be' the team's leading goal scorer.
                      Last edited by killgod; 09-12-2009, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Ravin
                        Dishing the Gino's
                        • Feb 2009

And who know's maybe Heatley's selfish attitude will rub off on Joe and he'll stop worrying about having fun during the playoffs. ;)

And yeah, I always got a kick ot of the St.Louis/Richards/Lecav line.
                        All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• Tailback U
                          No substitute 4 strength.
                          • Nov 2008

Sharks top line is insane now. Hell, top 2 lines just got better.

Senators got raped in this deal. Michalek is overrated, inconsistent, and an unmotivated hockey player.

Cheechoo is utterly useless without a playmaker by his side ala Thornton, Spezza, Alfreddson, and even then he has fallen off hard since the whole league figured he was a 1 trick pony the year he scored 56. Probably the worst skater in all of hockey. Plays his heart out, but he's just not very talented.

I don't know if Heater is the answer to the Sharks playoff problems but I do know that we just added about 20 goals to next season.

Comment

• leaffan
                            Colton Orr Fan
                            • Feb 2009

The funny part of all this and I don't know why heatly would allow the trade.

He's going to a team where he won't be the top player and will be overshawdowed again by two others.
                            He could be thrown on the 2nd line to balance things out and who knows if his playing time will even increase (what he was bitching about).

Going to a team that chokes hard in the playoffs (worse then the senators).

LOL @ Heatly.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Ravin
                              Dishing the Gino's
                              • Feb 2009

The Sharks could basically just turn into Ottawa by making Thorton-Marleau-Heatley their "big three" line. Of course sharks have better goalie and ddefence. But still, they could spread the wealth around, something that Ottawa couldn't do. Even now, I bet the next line for Ottawa is Kovalav-Spezza-Alfresson and they will be back to have no depth on the third line.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

Working...