X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuzzy Powers
    Beautiful Like Moses
    • Oct 2008

Forget the Olive Branch.. hook me up with some Olive Garden.

Comment

• Liquidrob
      Izzy is a bum
      • Feb 2009

Alistair Overeem has been forced to withdraw from his scheduled August 15 Strikeforce heavyweight title fight against Fabricio Werdum. Strikeforce director of communications Mike Afromowitz confirmed the news with FanHouse on Tuesday.

-------------------------------------

looks like Overeem wont be fighting, sucks, but would be nice for him to headline a card and give strikeforce another legit main event down the road
      Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• clovett
        • Mar 2009

lmao bisping wants hendo rematch

THE gladiators of the Ultimate Fighting Championship are heading for global conquest... and Manchester is next on their hit-list. The mixed martial arts extravaganza will be coming to the MEN Arena again on November 14 - and the good news for fans is that Britain's biggest star Michael Bisping should be fit to compete.

Comment

• SHOGUN
          4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Liquidrob
          http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/07/21/o...e-title-fight/

Alistair Overeem has been forced to withdraw from his scheduled August 15 Strikeforce heavyweight title fight against Fabricio Werdum. Strikeforce director of communications Mike Afromowitz confirmed the news with FanHouse on Tuesday.

-------------------------------------

looks like Overeem wont be fighting, sucks, but would be nice for him to headline a card and give strikeforce another legit main event down the road
          WEAK. That spoils the Strikeforce event for me.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• clovett
            • Mar 2009

imo the card is still solid without the overeem fight, yeah it would have been sweet but im still gonna watch it

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
              Beautiful Like Moses
              • Oct 2008

Someone will replace him on the card so it wont it shouldnt be as much of a let down. Woulda been sick to see that match-up tho.. a juiced up Overeem is always good times.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                Izzy is a bum
                • Feb 2009

Rogers vs Werdum for the title, Scott make it happen!
                Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                  True Blue
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Liquidrob
                  Rogers vs Werdum for the title, Scott make it happen!
                  what other choice do they have? besides bringing another figther in ... and i cant really think of any off the top of my head

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                    Nasty
                    • Nov 2008

horrible UFC match making cont.

Ask and you shall receive ... Michael Bisping demanded to face a "top fighter" after his devastating knockout loss to Dan Henderson at UFC 100 on July 11. UFC matchmaker Joe Silva was apparently...

Or simply just a way to get Wand back on track I suppose.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Steel Mamba
                      horrible UFC match making cont.

Ask and you shall receive ... Michael Bisping demanded to face a "top fighter" after his devastating knockout loss to Dan Henderson at UFC 100 on July 11. UFC matchmaker Joe Silva was apparently...

Or simply just a way to get Wand back on track I suppose.
                      Hows that horrible ?
                      Looks like a great matchup.

You know both guys are willing to strike and Wandy needs to fight someone at 185. Both guys need a win to stay relevant.
                      10x more interesting then Hendo/Franklin.
                      Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                        Nasty
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
                        Hows that horrible ?
                        Looks like a great matchup.

You know both guys are willing to strike and Wandy needs to fight someone at 185. Both guys need a win to stay relevant.
                        10x more interesting then Hendo/Franklin.
                        Styles make fights. Hendo/Franklin as a rematch this soon isn't exciting, but stylistically they make for a much more interesting match. Wand vs Bisping isn't going to play out any different than Hendo vs Bisping did. It's a bad matchup of styles and two guys coming off of some devastating losses possibly headlining an event.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                          True Blue
                          • Feb 2009

Styles make fights. Hendo/Franklin as a rematch this soon isn't exciting, but stylistically they make for a much more interesting match. Wand vs Bisping isn't going to play out any different than Hendo vs Bisping did. It's a bad matchup of styles and two guys coming off of some devastating losses possibly headlining an event.
                          its two guys who are going to come out swinging and someones getting their head knocked off. hows that a bad match?

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                            Nasty
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
                            its two guys who are going to come out swinging and someones getting their head knocked off. hows that a bad match?
                            Same reason the Hendo fight was a bad matchup. Bisping doesn't have an answer for any of their strengths making his opponent by far the favorite yet again. I just don't see how Bisping is going to make a fight out of it to make it a good watch. It's a fight that's going to stay standing, but Bisping just isn't technically sound enough to make it an interesting standup war like Franklin did with his match against Wand. It's just a bad mismatch, it wouldn't exactly be a bad undercard fight, but I don't see how it's main event material.
                            Last edited by Steel Mamba; 07-23-2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• BigBiss
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
                              I would not call what Bisping dose coming out swinging

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Same reason the Hendo fight was a bad matchup. Bisping doesn't have an answer for any of their strengths making his opponent by far the favorite yet again. I just don't see how Bisping is going to make a fight out of it to make it a good watch. It's a fight that's going to stay standing, but Bisping just isn't technically sound enough to make it an interesting standup war like Franklin did with his match against Wand. It's just a bad mismatch, it wouldn't exactly be a bad undercard fight, but I don't see how it's main event material.
                                I agree it's not a main event. It's a big problem Dana has right now (and he acknowledges it), because they run too many events, and have too few main event quality fights to put on them.

UFC has a deep roster, but it's relatively thin at the top (for the number of events they run) in terms of potential ME caliber guys.

They'd be fine if they cut back to 10 PPV's and 2 or 3 live TV's, but that isnt happening in the current climate.

Comment

Working...