This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigpapa42
    • Feb 2009

I cannot believe the UFC signed Tim Hague. He's not that good, he's never beat anyone of note, and from I hear, he's also a pretty big ass to boot. I guess he's a warm body for the heavyweight division...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
      True Blue
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
      I cannot believe the UFC signed Tim Hague. He's not that good, he's never beat anyone of note, and from I hear, he's also a pretty big ass to boot. I guess he's a warm body for the heavyweight division...
      hes 9-1 ... yeah he hasnt beat anyone of note but most ufc newcomers havent either. got something personal against him? lol

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
        hes 9-1 ... yeah he hasnt beat anyone of note but most ufc newcomers havent either. got something personal against him? lol
        Sorta. He's from Alberta, and I know a few guys who are pretty involved in the western Canadian MMA scene. I'll just say that he isn't particularly highly thought-of. I've also seen a couple of his fights on TV and never noted him as particular skillful, despite holding the KOTC HW belt.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
          True Blue
          • Feb 2009

Injured back forces Mir out of title fight with Lesnar

well that sucks. who could they get to replace mir? lesnar is way too big of a draw to just sit out. kongo seems the most logical choice but hes set to face hardonk at UFC 97 .... or perhaps a mega fight with a certain russian at UFC 100?

Comment

• Bigpapa42
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
            Injured back forces Mir out of title fight with Lesnar

well that sucks. who could they get to replace mir? lesnar is way too big of a draw to just sit out. kongo seems the most logical choice but hes set to face hardonk at UFC 97 .... or perhaps a mega fight with a certain russian at UFC 100?
            Can't read the article from work. Any indication on how long the injury would be? I could see them pushing the fight back to UFC 100, which was probably the original plan anyway, except it would basically make for six months between heavyweight title fights.

Sucks for the HW division. Mir looked like he gained a lot of momentum and popularity coming out of the TUF and the win over Nogueira. This kinda cools that off a bit.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
              True Blue
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
              Can't read the article from work. Any indication on how long the injury would be? I could see them pushing the fight back to UFC 100, which was probably the original plan anyway, except it would basically make for six months between heavyweight title fights.

Sucks for the HW division. Mir looked like he gained a lot of momentum and popularity coming out of the TUF and the win over Nogueira. This kinda cools that off a bit.
              article says it would take him about 4 to 6 weeks of recovery. doesnt seem likely he would have enough time to rehab then train again in time for 100

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                Beautiful Like Moses
                • Oct 2008

It would be nice if this put some pressure on Dana to get Fedor in for a match. But I still think Dana's scared Fedor can beat the UFC's best and unless hes going to fight under contract with his company, he aint gonna have him fight on his card. Would be nice tho. REALLY lame that Mir had to back-out. Lesnar vs Carwin FTW!

Comment

• Herm
                  Boomshakalaka
                  • Oct 2008

Frank said tonight they just pushed the fight back to July

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                    Nasty
                    • Nov 2008

That was the cheesiest WWF moment I've ever seen, great fight tho.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                      True Blue
                      • Feb 2009

:dito:

but anyway pretty good card tonight. i was rooting for jardine just so machida would get a shot. lame that lesnar-mir is getting pushed back

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                        • Feb 2009

For what looked like a bland card on paper turned out to be pretty solid. Some nice fights. Lavigne made a horrible move in the Brown-Sell when he stopped it, then un-stopped it. It would have been early, but once you intervene...

Nice win for Carwin.

The Rampage-Jardine fight when about as expected. Jardine showed some heart but his cardio was pretty suspect.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                          Nasty
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Melrose
                          NO point in it at all
                          Then there's no point in you posting in this thread, clown.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                            Izzy is a bum
                            • Feb 2009

Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Liquidrob
                              Izzy is a bum
                              • Feb 2009

lol @ Gonzaga slapping this poor security guard in the head by mistake

Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                                Beautiful Like Moses
                                • Oct 2008

LOL @ that Gabriel gif.

HAH @ everyone and anyone that doubted Carwin last nite. Mother fucker won me some money, I know that much. Infact, I was right on all-accounts yesterday, and won over 200 bucks on the card. Good times.

What was Yves Lavigne doing during that Brown-Drago fight? Talk about poor reffing there.

Carwin is foreal. Ive been convinced. That guy has the nastiest KO power this side of Brock Lesnar. Lets see if he can continue the hot streak, he'll prob have to fight Cain or Kongo next.

The Hamill KO was one of the best of the year. Just plain nasty. I dont think Munoz got up for about 5-10 minutes.

Rampage looked good, but Jardine looked solid aswell. I credit Jardine, he always seems to show up for the big fight (save Vandy). Hes a bit inconsistent but hes a tough SOB and he gave Page a run for his money. Page/Shad is going to be fun man. I was loving the trash talk post-fight. LOVING it.

Note from that Jardine fight: Notice Greg Jackson was doing NO rubbing of the back or shoulders.. haha.

Comment

Working...