• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hogle
    the franchise
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    You can argue that Lesnar would beat him
    right there, even though you said you didn't agree you said it could be argued
    sigpic

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
      Beautiful Like Moses
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Hogle
      I don't understand how you can put him in the top 3 when you just stated that he may not even be the #1 HW in the world

All you need to know is that record chart at the bottom of the page. Other than my dude GSP.. noone is fucking with Fedor p4p right now.

Comment

• Hogle
        the franchise
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko

All you need to know is that record chart at the bottom of the page. Other than my dude GSP.. noone is fucking with Fedor p4p right now.
        wut about Anderson Silva?
        sigpic

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

right there, even though you said you didn't agree you said it could be argued
          And?

I picked Barnett to beat him, too.

But he's still the best unless it happens. There is no basis to discredit this man until someone beats him, or even stays competitive.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
            Beautiful Like Moses
            • Oct 2008

Fedor > Spider Silva. Silva cant touch Fedor's resume.. and has lost in freak submission fashion to Ryo Chonan (Greatest submission in MMA history IMO). Fedor has only lost because of a cut and this has been for nearly a decade. Hes 30-1 dude.. 30-1.. so he has 30 wins and no legit losses.. most of which is against top flight talent. Its simply unheard of..

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Fedor has beaten much tougher competition, and has never lost to scrubs.

Comment

• Hogle
                the franchise
                • Jul 2009

not to take away fedor's accomplishment's but if you're looking at stats, what about lyoto machida, has never lost a round in his career, that's pretty crazy, although i'm not suggesting he should be taking fedor's place in the rankings
                sigpic

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                  Beautiful Like Moses
                  • Oct 2008

30 - 0 > 15 - 0

Comment

• JeremyHight
                    I wish I was Scrubs
                    • Feb 2009

Many have Anderson Silva, GSP, and Fedor in their top three in a variety of orders.

Silva since getting into the UFC has been amazing, but the division is weak. He has has losses in the past, which he hasn't avenged. If he beats Griffin in a higher weight class, he will only look better.

GSP is a beast, but he does have two legitimate losses, which he has avenged. He is a freak and there is a super fight between him and Silva in the works according to rumors.

Fedor has 1 loss which is highly contested. He went back and avenged the loss. The biggest strike against him is that he has never been in the UFC and as such, doesn't have the exposure that the two above have. He is amazingly talented and easily the greatest heavyweight of all time.

Based on the above, I normally put Fedor as #1, followed by GSP and Silva.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                      Throbbing Tebowner
                      • Oct 2008

not to take away fedor's accomplishment's but if you're looking at stats, what about lyoto machida, has never lost a round in his career, that's pretty crazy, although i'm not suggesting he should be taking fedor's place in the rankings
                      He lost at least one round to BJ Penn.
                      So, metaphorically speaking, our physiology basically has the universe mapped out and you're thinking it needs to be taught addition & subtraction.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• Hogle
                        the franchise
                        • Jul 2009

sorry, has never lost a round in the UFC. And please don't get me wrong, fedor's a beast, i enjoy watching him fight, but I would really like to see him fight Lesnar before i start putting him in the top 3. And also, a topic that i haven't seen much in here, i know Bobby Lashley hasn't fought that great competition, but he looked strong in his fights, and if he keeps improving, I could maybe see success for him when he signs with the UFC.
                        sigpic

Comment

• SHOGUN
                          4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                          • Jul 2009

sorry, has never lost a round in the UFC. And please don't get me wrong, fedor's a beast, i enjoy watching him fight, but I would really like to see him fight Lesnar before i start putting him in the top 3. And also, a topic that i haven't seen much in here, i know Bobby Lashley hasn't fought that great competition, but he looked strong in his fights, and if he keeps improving, I could maybe see success for him when he signs with the UFC.
                          LMAO. So it's not enough Fedor's ran through a gamut of elite HWs for damn near a decade, but once he goes to the UFC and fight Lesnar (who isn't even the second best HW on the planet right now) you'll finally be sold?

These UFC stans KILL me sometimes.....

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• The Buddha
                            • Mar 2009

So by that Token..Frank Mir was the #1 HW in the world up until last weekend?

---

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

This is backwards thinking.

If anything, Lesnar needs to fight Fedor to justify his place in the sport.

Fedor has nothing to prove to anyone, his place & legacy are set, even if he never fought ever again.

It's laughable that Fedor needs to prove himslef against Lesnar.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                                Fedor has beaten much tougher competition, and has never lost to scrubs.
                                You know, I think that is what impressive me most about Fedor. MMA is a sport where everyone has an off night. Everyone has that moment where they got dropped, caught, snared, or KO'd. And Fedor never has. Not against the top level competition he's faced. And not against the cans that Pride threw him against - and I think its tough to be consistent in those fights, too, because its easy to overlook an opponent that you know shouldn't even be in the ring with you.

Even the lone loss Fedor has, as illegitimate as it was, wasn't him getting caught or dropped or anything. He was clipped and cut by an elbow. It should've been a NC.

Comment

Working...