X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuzzy Powers
    Beautiful Like Moses
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by RosettaStoned
    Except Randy controlled him throughout their fight. Randy is about 225. Lesnar was able to lay on Mir and Herring, neither of which have any takedown defense. Lesnar is going to be in trouble if he fights Randy again, Fedor, or Carwin.
    To go back to an old point from you.. there is no way Randy was winning that fight when he got KO'd.. I went back and watched it and Brock definitely takes the 1st round and Randy gets KO'd in the 2nd.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
      Throbbing Tebowner
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
      To go back to an old point from you.. there is no way Randy was winning that fight when he got KO'd.. I went back and watched it and Brock definitely takes the 1st round and Randy gets KO'd in the 2nd.
      Randy was definitely winning that fight.
      So, metaphorically speaking, our physiology basically has the universe mapped out and you're thinking it needs to be taught addition & subtraction.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
        Beautiful Like Moses
        • Oct 2008

Watch it again dude.. there is not a chance Randy won that first round.. explain to me how you can justify saying Randy was winning.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          Throbbing Tebowner
          • Oct 2008

http://regretfulmorning.com/2008/11/...-brock-lesnar/

Watch it again dude.. there is not a chance Randy won that first round.. explain to me how you can justify saying Randy was winning.
          I'll go through and break down punch for punch when I have time. You're wrong.
          So, metaphorically speaking, our physiology basically has the universe mapped out and you're thinking it needs to be taught addition & subtraction.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
            Beautiful Like Moses
            • Oct 2008

Brock has 2 take-downs to Randy's zero. If Randy lands more punches than Brock, its by a small margin and the take-downs would out-weigh it. Considering the point was NOT deducted for grabbing the cage, there is not a chance that Randy won that round.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
              Throbbing Tebowner
              • Oct 2008

Brock has 2 take-downs to Randy's zero. If Randy lands more punches than Brock, its by a small margin and the take-downs would out-weigh it. Considering the point was NOT deducted for grabbing the cage, there is not a chance that Randy won that round.
              Two takedowns that amounted to nothing. To say there is not a chance he won the round is ignorant. That's like saying Dan Henderson is over the hill.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                Beautiful Like Moses
                • Oct 2008

There isnt a chance. Its so blatantly obvious to me that im baffled that you even think Randy won it. It doesnt matter if the takedowns amounted to anything, they were still takedowns. Post a poll, id be shocked to find more than a couple people that believe Randy was winning (maybe Rob).

Henderson is past his prime.. its undeniable.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                  Throbbing Tebowner
                  • Oct 2008

There isnt a chance. Its so blatantly obvious to me that im baffled that you even think Randy won it. It doesnt matter if the takedowns amounted to anything, they were still takedowns. Post a poll, id be shocked to find more than a couple people that believe Randy was winning (maybe Rob).
                  Anybody who was paying attention.

Henderson is past his prime.. its undeniable.
                  Yep, and Bisping will beat him.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                    Beautiful Like Moses
                    • Oct 2008

Paying attention to what? I just posted the video for you.. even if you didnt pay attention when the fight was live the evidence is pretty obvious now.

Hey.. admittedly I gave Bisping too much credit. But a 38 year old fighter who was once one of the most feared in the bizz.. its fair to say hes past his prime. Still a dangerous fighter tho.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                      Nasty
                      • Nov 2008

Hendo is pretty much the same fighter hes always been. I don't see anything thats really changed about him, for better or worse.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                        Beautiful Like Moses
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Steel Mamba
                        Hendo is pretty much the same fighter hes always been. I don't see anything thats really changed about him, for better or worse.
                        Heh I dont wanna get into a Hendo debate.. I wont argue with anyone who still think hes an amazing fighter because I think he is too, just not quite as good as he once was.

More important question is.. who won that first round in the Randy/Brock fight? Cause I just cant see why Rosetta says Randy.. I just dont see it. Maybe the 2nd round, but he got KTFO before we could really make a judgement on that.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                          Izzy is a bum
                          • Feb 2009

to touch on something KOF said earlier that doesnt even make sense when knocking the affliction card, he says its a bunch of guys that are 'non contenders', non contenders for what? they dont fight in the UFC so of course they are non contenders for UFC belts

so basically you are saying that the only belt that matter is the UFC belt, but than you say that Fedor is the number 1 HW in the world, so would that make all the UFC HWs non contenders for the true HW belt?

also, lets not kid ourselfs, pretty much everyone is in contention for a belt, its not like the UFC or any org has a legit ranking system, Brock got a title shot after beating Heath Herring, Matt Serra got a shot after winning TUF, Patrick Cote was giving a shot, Sherk and Florian were just given a title bout for the newly created LW belt and so on

Vitor can easily be given a shot at And1 and it would be fine, Jake Shields could fight GSP and it would be fine, there is no legit ranking system in the UFC or any other org for that matter

In the end its about match making and putting good quality fights together, when Nick Diaz and Riggs fight in Strikeforce it will be a good fight, there first fight was good and I would like see them go again, them being 'UFC has beens' has nothing to do with the fight

the Affliction Card is very very solid IMO, of course Fedor/Barnett is the fight, but to rip the other fights is very strange
                          Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Liquidrob
                            Izzy is a bum
                            • Feb 2009

I'd have to watch the fight again (Randy/Brock), it was a even fight until the KO and I think Randy was starting to control it for whatever thats worth
                            Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                              Beautiful Like Moses
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Liquidrob
                              I'd have to watch the fight again (Randy/Brock), it was a even fight until the KO and I think Randy was starting to control it for whatever thats worth
                              By all means, please watch it again.. I posted the link on the previous page. It will take less than 10 mins of your time.

Comment

• JeremyHight
                                I wish I was Scrubs
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Liquidrob
                                to touch on something KOF said earlier that doesnt even make sense when knocking the affliction card, he says its a bunch of guys that are 'non contenders', non contenders for what? they dont fight in the UFC so of course they are non contenders for UFC belts
                                ... or they just aren't contenders for being the best in their respective class, which makes a hell of a lot more sense. Why would anyone try to prove a point that lets say GSP isn't a contender because he can't win the StrikeForce belt?

Comment

Working...