X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davie
    Hey, relax guy!
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
    Perhaps City should talk with the MLS instead, since they actually own his rights.
    Perhaps they shouldn't bother because he's not that good.

Comment

• Archer
      Go the fuck outside
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
      Perhaps City should talk with the MLS instead, since they actually own his rights.
      Perhaps Sky Sports should check into this shit before reporting on it then

Comment

• Cody
        GOAAAAL
        • Jul 2010

Do you think he will actually go though?

Comment

• Cody
          GOAAAAL
          • Jul 2010

In his best interest he should stay with MLS

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
            Late to the party.
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
            While I don't think Landon is good enough for a club seeking Champions League football, he'd be a fool to go to Citeh.

Considering they're trying to also sign Balotelli. Where in the hell would Donovan play and when would he ever play? He'd get the odd Carling cup match here and there or a few games a year against Blackpool, Wolves, or Bolton.
            I don't know how you can say that. I'm not supporting a move to City solely because the squad is too huge and he'll just get lost. But, he proved at Everton, and has proved against top competition with the national team he's a good enough. He's not World Class or anything, but he's easily could enough for a Champions League team.
            Originally posted by mgoblue2290
            If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
              Late to the party.
              • Jun 2009

Sure, like I said, he's not good enough for City, their squad is too big. But any Champions League team? Seriously? Lets just look at some of the wingers who played in the CL last year and this year.

Valencia
              Hleb
              Benayoun
              Romaric
              Walcott
              Nani
              Bentley

Just to name a few he's better than. Donovan has always been good enough, he's had attitude problems since his days in Germany, which caused a lot of his problems. Like I said, not just at Everton has he proved he's a very good player, but on the world stage. Just becuase ESPN says something, and he's American, so many people want to believe he's not good enough. It's so blatantly obvious that he is.

Comment

• Archer
                Go the fuck outside
                • Oct 2008

Donovan is pretty useful I think. He can play left, right, center [midfeild] and upfront if need be. He is not at a world class level but he showed he can put in good performances in the biggest competitions and I see no reason why it would be a bad buy for Man City depending on the price tag.
                Last edited by Archer; 07-21-2010, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Archer
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by heelswxman
                  It's Citeh, does price even matter?
                  They can afford it but the idea is to get some sort of value for your money

If they are paying top money then go get somebody a little better but if a reasonable contract + deal can be worked out then I think Donovan can do a good job.
                  Last edited by Archer; 07-21-2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Cody
                    GOAAAAL
                    • Jul 2010

I really dont want to see him go.

Comment

• davie
                      Hey, relax guy!
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
                      Sure, like I said, he's not good enough for City, their squad is too big. But any Champions League team? Seriously? Lets just look at some of the wingers who played in the CL last year and this year.

Valencia
                      Hleb
                      Benayoun
                      Romaric
                      Walcott
                      Nani
                      Bentley

Just to name a few he's better than. Donovan has always been good enough, he's had attitude problems since his days in Germany, which caused a lot of his problems. Like I said, not just at Everton has he proved he's a very good player, but on the world stage. Just becuase ESPN says something, and he's American, so many people want to believe he's not good enough. It's so blatantly obvious that he is.
                      I disagree.

I think Hleb, for one, is a better footballer than Donovan.

Man Utd used Nani because they're wanting him to be like CR 7 and used Valencia because he tracks back and does Gary Neville's job for him.

Walcott is used because Arsene is gay for pace and is trying to prove he didn't make a mistake signing him.

I can understand him not being played for Bayern during the Van Gaal time there since Van Gaal is a fag, but he only made 13 total apps (2 goals) at Everton (a Europa League side) while on loan.

What did he do on the World stage? Score a tap-in against Algeria in the most fucked up World Cup ever and score a penalty against Ghana in a losing effort, maybe did something vs. Slovenia too with all the talent they have at their disposal.

If he goes it'll just add to the list of Man City bad signings.

Comment

• Blade
                        Walking SAM site
                        • Feb 2009

Does anyone use the MLS Online subcription to watch the games? I am looking to sign up, its cheap and I really want to follow The Union.

How's the quality? and what features are available? Any nutty blackout restrictions like MLB.tv?

Comment

• killgod
                          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                          • Oct 2008

looking forward to the next couple of matches for the reds.

Dallas should be a good home test on Saturday, then the Champions League qualifier on Tuesday night vs Motagua. Tempted to find a pair of tix for that one, would be nice to see them get through to the actual tournament this year.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                            Late to the party.
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by davie
                            I disagree.

I think Hleb, for one, is a better footballer than Donovan.

Man Utd used Nani because they're wanting him to be like CR 7 and used Valencia because he tracks back and does Gary Neville's job for him.

Walcott is used because Arsene is gay for pace and is trying to prove he didn't make a mistake signing him.

I can understand him not being played for Bayern during the Van Gaal time there since Van Gaal is a fag, but he only made 13 total apps (2 goals) at Everton (a Europa League side) while on loan.

What did he do on the World stage? Score a tap-in against Algeria in the most fucked up World Cup ever and score a penalty against Ghana in a losing effort, maybe did something vs. Slovenia too with all the talent they have at their disposal.

If he goes it'll just add to the list of Man City bad signings.
                            I don't really have anything to say to someone who think Hleb is a good footballer. Hleb, the slowest winger since Emile Heskey's youth vcarreer, with an absolute gash touch, and erratic passing.

The other players in the list I put on there because Donovan is flat out better than them, side-by-side, but I know why they're at those clubs and why their managers continue to play them, which makes sense why Donovan is starting over those players.

The other World's stage Donovan has shined on our the 02 World Cup, and last years Confed Cup. Whatever shit you want to say about the tournament is fine, but it always has the best teams in the world.

Like I said, I don't think he's a good signing for City, their squad is too big, they have enough wingers. He'd get lost and fade away. But, I do think he's good enough for a club of those ambitions, City's just a different situation. He'd fit in perfectly at Liverpool, Tottenham, even Man Utd. The number one reason you two, and other person I've met underrate Donovan is because he is American, and he's the poster child for American soccer. Even soccer moms know who he is, and everyone hates that because soccer is supposed to be their thing, not everyone's.

Looking at Donovan as a player though:

Pros:
                            Two-footed
                            Really fucking fast
                            Good technical skills, passing and touch are as good as you can get.
                            Can create and finish.
                            Plays anywhere amongst the top line and attacking midfield.
                            Able to take a game over and lead a team.

Cons:
                            Size
                            Heading
                            Receding hairline?

Comment

• 1ke
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                              • Mar 2009

I saw that this morning. Good deal? I think Klass needs to go back to Holland, he's been everywhere in Europe except England and sucked nuts. Thats supposed to change now? Not buying it....

Also just something about City using monopoly money. GOOD! Let them waste their money, let them overstack their team with players who all essetially do the same thing. 35 Mil for Super Mario? Psshh...go ahead L-O-L. I think the worst thing Landon could do is go to that team.

Comment

• 1ke
                                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
                                But, I do think he's good enough for a club of those ambitions, City's just a different situation. He'd fit in perfectly at Liverpool, Tottenham, even Man Utd. The number one reason you two, and other person I've met underrate Donovan is because he is American, and he's the poster child for American soccer. Even soccer moms know who he is, and everyone hates that because soccer is supposed to be their thing, not everyone's.

Looking at Donovan as a player though:

Pros:
                                Two-footed
                                Really fucking fast
                                Good technical skills, passing and touch are as good as you can get.
                                Can create and finish.
                                Plays anywhere amongst the top line and attacking midfield.
                                Able to take a game over and lead a team.

Cons:
                                Size
                                Heading
                                Receding hairline?
                                We can agree to disagree here. I do NOT think he would fit it perfectly with United for one. I dont think he plays over Gabriel Obertan or J.S.Park at United, and certainly not over Giggs(still), Nani, or Valencia. I love Landon, hes my favorite American player certainly, but everyone playing at top level clubs have made Landon's "pros" their normal game. And the taking a game over and leading thing he has done, but he has done it in the MLS.

When he was at Everton, he played his ass off, and I was happy for him, but I also think it worked because Everton was the perfect fit for him.

Comment

Working...