• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mgoblue2290
    Posts too much
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CaribbeanJoseph
    Ditto

Stevie G commited his future (I personally never had any doubt), now we just need Nando to do the same and things look a good bit better, even if he goes that's a cool 80 mil to strengthen the squad.
    Hopefully Gerrard bounces back this year.

As far as Fernando goes, I really want him on the team but if Chelski is going to pay an obscene amount of money for him, then I wouldn't be all that mad at him being sold.

Comment

• Cody
      GOAAAAL
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by heelswxman
      Liverpool and Rangers have agreed to a deal which will send Danny Wilson to Anfield.
      Not a bad deal.

Comment

• Cody
        GOAAAAL
        • Jul 2010

Anyone watching the Red Bulls Crew game?

Comment

• mgoblue2290
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
          Liverpool and Rangers have agreed to a deal which will send Danny Wilson to Anfield.
          I just bought him in FM. Hopefully he pans out as well in real life as he did in FM.

Comment

• davie
            Hey, relax guy!
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
            I just bought him in FM. Hopefully he pans out as well in real life as he did in FM.
            Yea and Huntelaar will score 20+ goals in his 30+ starts for Milan this year, Marco Materazzi will score a 40yard screamer to beat Juventus 1-0, Victor Obinna will become a good goalscorer, 3 teams in Serie A will have 100+ bookings and double figure red cards. Good luck with Danny Wilson though.

Comment

• Senser81
              VSN Poster of the Year
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by davie
              Yea and Huntelaar will score 20+ goals in his 30+ starts for Milan this year, Marco Materazzi will score a 40yard screamer to beat Juventus 1-0, Victor Obinna will become a good goalscorer, 3 teams in Serie A will have 100+ bookings and double figure red cards. Good luck with Danny Wilson though.
              LOL

What I wanted Liverpool to do in the off-season was to sort out the mess that is their back line and sign another striker. Torres has gotten hurt the past couple years, and Liverpool has no one to back him up. It would be like an NFL team carrying only 1 QB on their roster.

The back line has been a constant source of amazement to me. I've never seen a less cohesive group. Glen Johnson is fast and good with the ball, but his runs leave the slow-footed Carragher and Skrtel exposed. Carragher is a savvy-vet, but he needs to be paired with a quick CB to help him. Skrtel is physical, but Carragher's lack of speed leaves him in too many 1-on-1's. Agger is good, and would probably be better on a different team, but his lack of height and discipline kills Liverpool on corner kicks, which is Reina's weakness. Insua has gotten a little better, but he is also very short and doesn't have a physical presence. Playing him with Agger and Johnson is ridiculous.

As for the transfer market, it sucks that Benayoun left. Benitez gave him a raw deal from the start. He was their best playmaker other than Gerrard. And if Mascherano leaves, they have no one to replace him. It doesn't matter how many Joe Coles and Maxi Rodriguez's they sign...its about putting together a team. I really like Jovanovic, but he is unproven at the top club level. I would guess Joe Cole plays 3 games before he is done for the year.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

Just though it was odd was all seeing as I signed him before I even knew we were going after him. BTW, its Aquilani who scores 40 yard screamers for me.
                Last edited by mgoblue2290; 07-21-2010, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• davie
                  Hey, relax guy!
                  • Oct 2008

I have to commend Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham, Birmingham and one other club I can't remember for banning vuvuzelas.

Comment

• Archer
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

I have to commend Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham, Birmingham and one other club I can't remember for banning vuvuzelas.
                    West Ham

Comment

• Cody
                      GOAAAAL
                      • Jul 2010

I hope the Crew win the MLS this year,who is watching the Manchester United game tonight?

Comment

• wingsfan77
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Altimus
                        I hope the Crew win the MLS this year,who is watching the Manchester United game tonight?
                        I'll be watching at the game

Comment

• Cody
                          GOAAAAL
                          • Jul 2010

I am pulling for Manchester,I say it will be a 2-1 win.

Comment

• Archer
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

Sky Sports News confirms that Manchester City are talking to LA Galaxy about signing Landon Donovan

Comment

• Cody
                              GOAAAAL
                              • Jul 2010

Please please don't let him leave the MLS

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                                The Greatest
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Archer
                                Sky Sports News confirms that Manchester City are talking to LA Galaxy about signing Landon Donovan
                                Perhaps City should talk with the MLS instead, since they actually own his rights.

Comment

Working...