X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigHouseUSA
    Late to the party.
    • Jun 2009

Not nearly the same as Allardyce, and what's he going to do, leave Real because his managers play negative? He can choose not to play negative, which he did.
    Originally posted by mgoblue2290
    If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• davie
      Hey, relax guy!
      • Oct 2008

Are you taking that as me suggesting that a negative team makes strikers play negatively? There's only one Dirk Kuyt in football. My point was that he has been on Real teams that have played only to win ugly before, so why would that stop him playing on another ugly team?

It was possible that Raul could have signed for Allardyce, but obviously he hasn't. This idea is obviously irrelevant to one of Raul's close friends like yourself who knew exactly where he would go, what he had for breakfast, how he wipes his arse etc.

Comment

• citizenerased
        Rugby World Cup Champion
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by davie
        Raul is finished and could have been going anywhere to get overpaid, I get what you mean though a good striker like Anelka would never play for someone like Allardyce.
        Anelka was on the verge of being washed up, outside of his breakout season with Arsenal and a couple of good patches under Keegan (then again, find me a striker who hasn't played well under the Keeglar) he had done nothing but sulk his way out of every place he landed in, theres a reason why he was playing in Turkey.

And in other news, with his father getting the sack, Jonas may as well just retire from international football.
        Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• davie
          Hey, relax guy!
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by citizenerased
          Anelka was on the verge of being washed up, outside of his breakout season with Arsenal and a couple of good patches under Keegan (then again, find me a striker who hasn't played well under the Keeglar) he had done nothing but sulk his way out of every place he landed in, theres a reason why he was playing in Turkey.
          At least Anelka had years ahead of him when he signed for Bolton, Raul is an old 33; which is more of a reason I could understand why he would have come to England to be overpaid and not even try.

Comment

• citizenerased
            Rugby World Cup Champion
            • Mar 2009

Blackburn couldn't have afforded to underpay Raul, let alone give him a big enough pay cheque to play for that shitty team in that shitty city with its shack of a stadium anyway.

Raul is a year removed from back to back 18 league goal seasons. More chance of Mike Ashley giving the go ahead to be on Messi then Raul signing for Sam "Play for a draw at Derby" Allardyce and Blackburn.
            Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• mgoblue2290
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmnSR0LwiS8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmnSR0LwiS8[/ame]

Comment

• davie
                Hey, relax guy!
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by citizenerased
                Blackburn couldn't have afforded to underpay Raul, let alone give him a big enough pay cheque to play for that shitty team in that shitty city with its shack of a stadium anyway.

Raul is a year removed from back to back 18 league goal seasons. More chance of Mike Ashley giving the go ahead to be on Messi then Raul signing for Sam "Play for a draw at Derby" Allardyce and Blackburn.
                Raul - finished. He'll do well to score goals in Germany; the league that has more goals per game than the top 3 leagues (comfortably more than La Liga and Serie A).

Comment

• 1ke
                  D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                  • Mar 2009

Chicha scored for Chivas against Utd. Cool farewell for him. Only played 15 for Utd.

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JqqMAJ4eufQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JqqMAJ4eufQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                    The Greatest
                    • Feb 2009

Sounders beat San Jose tonight. 1-0. Blaise Nkufo had two good chances on goal. Uruguayan International Alvaro Hernandez made his debut for the Sounders. Looked promising.

This team is much better without Freddie Ljungberg. That guy crippled our offense.

San Jose fans tried to start shit, two were arrested, one was used as a surf board on the stairs by us.

San Jose was outperformed on the field, and in the stands.

Comment

• 1ke
                      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                      • Mar 2009

Hey...Are Seattle fans mad that Freddie got shipped out?

Comment

• wingsfan77
                        • Aug 2009

Le Toux with a really nice goal yesterday should be goal of the week:

Official MLS highlights, classic matches, video series and features.

Comment

• 1ke
                          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by wingsfan77
                          Le Toux with a really nice goal yesterday should be goal of the week:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/videos?catid=114&id=7386
                          Saw this on some highlight show....Awesome fucking shot.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                            The Greatest
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by 1ke
                            Hey...Are Seattle fans mad that Freddie got shipped out?
                            Not in the slightest. Everyone I know is happy he's gone. He was basically a black hole this season. Possibly one of the worst kick takers we had, yet he took all corners and free kicks.

Last year he was a great addition. But, the guy killed our offense. His onfield attitude had been grating the nerves of all the fans. Constantly complaining to the refs.

I was under the impression that his attitude actually cost us some games. Replacing him with Alvaro Fernandez makes it so much better that he's gone.

Comment

• Golden Taters
                              RIP West
                              • Jul 2009

Now only if we can get rid of Keller or start playing Terry Boss more.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                                The Greatest
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Potatoes002
                                Now only if we can get rid of Keller or start playing Terry Boss more.
                                How about no.

Comment

Working...