• mgoblue2290
    Posts too much
    • Feb 2009

LOL

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
      Late to the party.
      • Jun 2009

The fact that Liverpool are below Newcastle at this point is astounding. We've lost 6 points to Stoke and Blackpool and 1 today. Yet, somehow...
      Originally posted by mgoblue2290
      If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
        Posts too much
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
        The fact that Liverpool are below Newcastle at this point is astounding. We've lost 6 points to Stoke and Blackpool and 1 today. Yet, somehow...
        Well we're seriously brewing the perfect storm for playing bad. We've got an ownership crisis going on, half the team isn't motivated, and Roy consistently plays guys out of position.

Not to mention Princess Fernando tweaked his groin about 5 minutes into today's game and had to go out.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
          And frankly things aren't going to get any better even after the club are sold unless an owner with seriously deep pockets buys the club.

I wonder what Hicks is thinking. I mean the club are playing poorly, and he can't even afford the club, yet he's trying to buy out Gillette and own the club outright by getting even more financing. He's not using any of his own funds at all. So he in essence, wants to own a club that will never be able to compete under his reign because he can't even afford to own the club, much less buy decent players.

If you didn't know any better, you'd think he's a fucking Manc, and that he's intentionally tanking the club.
          Yeah I don't understand that all either. He must have some sort of complex about failing or something. It makes no sense for him to want to own the club anymore seeing as he isn't helping give us a chance to compete.

There has to be some sort of way they can get him out.

Comment

• 1ke
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
            • Mar 2009

I thought we had a couple more years. Loans due in 2016 i thought? I may be wrong.

Whats RAWK like today? And fucking City must be paying the refs too. I mean they have enough money.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

Please no administration. Thats where you lose 9 points too right? If that happens we can say hello the Championship.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                Tiote!
                • Mar 2009

I think Hicks has developed a complex after watching every sports team he owns/owned turn in to a shithole under his leadership. He fucked up Corinthians in Brazil, drove the Rangers into a massive pile of debt (that $250 mil ARod contract was genius) and even the Stars have mad some interesting choices. It almost seems that to quit now is to admit to himself that he is probably the worst owner in the history of the world

Comment

• 1ke
                  D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                  • Mar 2009

That may be so, but you guys are 716.5 million pounds in debt. The Glazer's personal fortune is dwindling, as a large number of their malls have been shut down. Rumors abound about them taking money out of the club to pay back debts in the states, and you see what the Green and Gold crowd are fired up about.

They simply can't pay off the loans, and the interest payments keeping adding up, exactly what happened at Liverpool. Eventually the funds for players will shrink or maybe the owners find financing to give them more available money, but putting the club in even more risk and even more debt, which would only increase the interest on their debt, increasing the interest, which increases the debt.... it's a vicious circle and if you think United is immune, you're wrong. Banks and debt don't care how big your club is.

No no no....I know. I know they have issues. Im just hopeful that since the loan date is in 6 years time....That will hopefully give them the amount of time to wise up and sell. Hopefully some Chinaman billionaire can come through.

Comment

• citizenerased
                    Rugby World Cup Champion
                    • Mar 2009

So who else is looking forward to the Tyne-Tees derby next year?

Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                      I Can Score Goals
                      • Dec 2008

The situation is 'bleak', eh? Thanks for stating the fucking obvious Roy

Comment

• 1ke
                        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                        • Mar 2009

Unfortunately that line of thinking didn't work for us.

And haven't they already turned down a few offers already?
                        Yea...word had it they were offered a billion from some Chinamen. I may be wrong, but thats what I heard. It was this past summer. All i can do is hope really.....

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                          Posts too much
                          • Feb 2009

BLOOD RED: Xabi Alonso Liverpool FC return may not be so far-fetched
                          Oct 2 2010 by Dominic King, Liverpool Echo

Comments (9)
                          Recommend (5)
                          REAL MADRID’S start to life under Jose Mourinho has been relatively inauspicious and word reaches Blood Red that all might not be well within the squad at the Bernabeu.

During a recent Champions League game, Mourinho was heard constantly barking out orders at Xabi Alonso and the rare occasions he squandered possession were greeted with exclamation of ‘Xabi! Xabi! Xabi!’ from the technical area.

Moving to Real Madrid was a dream for Alonso.

But if, for some reason, he fell out of favour, wouldn’t it be a dream to see him in a Red shirt once again?

Alonso returning to Liverpool in January would, in so many ways, be a dream come true.

Here’s hoping a rich investor can be found immediately to increase the possibility of it happening from none to slim.

I've got no idea how reputable that newspaper is but even a rumor of Alonso coming back is great news.

Comment

• davie
                            Hey, relax guy!
                            • Oct 2008

mmmmmm, if Liverpool and Man United ended up fucked. I shouldn't even tease myself with the idea. How come Gerrard isn't good enough to carry the team through their current troubles?!?!?!?

Comment

• davie
                              Hey, relax guy!
                              • Oct 2008

Rafa Benitez has become hugely underrated as a head coach and tactician. His signings were horrible, but he had a lot of success for how shit the team was.

Comment

• Irish
                                do you see my jesus chain
                                • Oct 2008

Im slowly trying to become an AC Milan fan. Gotta cheer on Kevin Prince for being a badass.

Comment

Working...