• Jul 2009

Antarctica 2038?

Comment

• relaxedanderson
      I am not Abe Kabbible
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fappin Raptor
      Antarctica 2038?
      "We know it would be a bold gamble and an exciting prospect but with no risk," the bid chief executive, Alan the Penguin, said. "Cold is not and will not be an issue."
      Z(u, w) = Z0(w)[1-exp{-b(w)u}]

...and she said "Well I don't think you're a fishmonger. I think you've done a plop in the wrong lavatory."

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
        Late to the party.
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
        FIFA is just trying to be trendy and pick a "developing" nation over us. It isn't even good economically speaking for Qatar anyways. They'll just have a bunch of empty stadiums and hotels when its over. America is such a better choice in every way possible. We've got stadiums and hotels ready right now. We're also a safer and better tourist destination.
        The one thing Qatar has, or will have are stadiums that will be taken apart and given to other developing nations. Could be bad or could be good. Other than that, this FIFA developing nations shit is awful. That's four developing nations in a row, of course picking them is justifiable at point, especially Russia. But SA gave us one of the worst WC's ever, you can't keep going back to unfamiliar climates, no football culture, and poor organization every cup. Germany 2006 was one of the best out there for many reasons, but we won't have a cup like that for decades now.
        If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• kmanharris
          Seven
          • Oct 2008

I'm still waiting on CaribbeanJoseph's reasoning for all of us being ignorant and why it is a good idea to have a World Cup in fucking Qatar.

Comment

• relaxedanderson
            I am not Abe Kabbible
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
            The one thing Qatar has, or will have are stadiums that will be taken apart and given to other developing nations. Could be bad or could be good. Other than that, this FIFA developing nations shit is awful. That's four developing nations in a row, of course picking them is justifiable at point, especially Russia. But SA gave us one of the worst WC's ever, you can't keep going back to unfamiliar climates, no football culture, and poor organization every cup. Germany 2006 was one of the best out there for many reasons, but we won't have a cup like that for decades now.
            Still, at least it means Wales are in with a chance of hosting one in the future, we're twice the size and have twice the population of Qatar!

Our bid could be "We're bigger than the last lot, we sell beer and your eyeballs won't melt when you go outside. Bring an umbrella".

I'm just off to start the Wales 2026 campaign.

...and she said "Well I don't think you're a fishmonger. I think you've done a plop in the wrong lavatory."

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
              I Can Score Goals
              • Dec 2008

Honestly some of you lot are pure spastics, have you guys actually read about Qatars bid and I don't mean the biased trash that American/Australian writers have wrote., Booze will be allowed, the stadiums will have a cooling system, the stadiums are being built so that after the tournament the capacity can be reduced and they will send parts to countries to help them develop and they are building a new underground transport system so the heat will not be an issue. Personally I think it's great that the WC is going to the Middle East (its Qatar we're talking about, stop acting like its some terrorist hotbed) and one thing you can guarantee for certain is that Qatar will pull out all the stops, there will be no worries about delays, infrastructure, etc that it looks like there might be with Brazil. It's the WORLD Cup, why shouldn't why shouldn't it be hosted by footballing nations that aren't world powers, fucking giving it to countries that have already got their chance to host it, I think a lot of people will be shocked at how well this will work.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                Late to the party.
                • Jun 2009

Or, you could've given it to a country whose football is on the rise, and also has the climate, the infrastructure and support, transportation, organization, etc. On top of that, it would've been perfect for the game in Australia, and one with a much better team. Instead, Qatar now have twelve years to naturalize a bunch of Brazilians.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                  Late to the party.
                  • Jun 2009

Full results of 2018 voting:

Round 1: England 2 votes, Netherlands/Belgium 4 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 9 votes.

Round 2: Netherlands/Belgium 2 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 13 votes (Russia obtain absolute majority)

As commented on the BBC...
                  So two people who voted for Netherlands/Belgium in round one, switched allegiances to Russia in round two even though Neth/Bel were still involved. I don't really understand that.

Full results of 2022 voting:

Round 1: Australia1 vote, Japan 3 votes, US 3 votes, South Korea 4 votes and Qatar 11 votes.

Round 2: Japan 2 votes, South Korea 5 votes, US 5 votes and Qatar 10 votes.

Round 3 South Korea 5 votes, US 6 votes and Qatar 11 votes.

Round 4 US 8 votes and Qatar 14 votes (Qatar obtain absolute majority)

What a joke.

Comment

• relaxedanderson
                    I am not Abe Kabbible
                    • Feb 2009

Or, you could've given it to a country whose football is on the rise, and also has the climate, the infrastructure and support, transportation, organization, etc. On top of that, it would've been perfect for the game in Australia, and one with a much better team. Instead, Qatar now have twelve years to naturalize a bunch of Brazilians.
                    Australia is almost the perfect host for a World Cup. Everything you could possibly want for a great tournament is already there, and if there was anything new that needed to be built then you could guarantee it would get plenty of use for sixty years afterwards.

An Australian World Cup would be a true once-in-a-lifetime experience. One where you wouldn't have to worry about getting murdered in a carjacking, being caught in the crossfire of a drug war, having all your money end up in the pockets of the Mafia or getting thrown in prison for having a few beers and a feel of your girlfriend's tits after the game. In other words it would be the best World Cup since Germany.

The only downside of Australia is that soccer is only the fifth sport out there; that and it's full of Australians...:tongue:

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                      I Can Score Goals
                      • Dec 2008

LOL that's quality, can't wait to hear the English bitch about this.

It was always a two horse race between Qatar and the US, did anybody really think the other 3 had any chance?

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                        Posts too much
                        • Feb 2009

Common sense was clearly not involved in the voting.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                          I Can Score Goals
                          • Dec 2008

Guys Australia was never an option, I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                            Late to the party.
                            • Jun 2009

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                              Late to the party.
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by CaribbeanJoseph
                              Guys Australia was never an option, I don't know why that's so hard to understand.
                              It wasn't an option because of corruption and lack of money from Australia given to voters. It being "never an option" doesn't change the fact it would've been better than Qatar.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                                I Can Score Goals
                                • Dec 2008

It wasn't an option because of corruption and lack of money from Australia given to voters. It being "never an option" doesn't change the fact it would've been better than Qatar.
                                No, the Australian bid was always doomed, there's the time zone issue, uncertainty about being able to secure the use of stadiums, lack of media/country support for the bid and besides, that they were never getting it over the US. I know your miffed about losing out but you guys are really overreacting.

Comment

Working...