X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1ke
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
    • Mar 2009

Jaun Agudelo looks the goods. Argentina looked like Barca last night, a little too much for me, but the US hung in there and pulled out a draw. Like the red unis too.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
      I Can Score Goals
      • Dec 2008

Come on you black stars!!!

Comment

• Champ
        Needs a hobby
        • Oct 2008

I thought the Italy game started at 3:45

Comment

• killgod
          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
          • Oct 2008

Canada 1 - Belarus 0

Comment

• Survivor
            Sporting Spirit
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
            Andy Carroll. thrash:
            Asamoah Gyan

[youtube]tmdF-K8vi9s[/youtube]

I wasn't able to catch it live but the highlights seem as though it was a very exciting friendly. Gyan is my boy, and he definitely didn't disappoint. Now if he could do that three or four times against Manchester City this weekend I'll be extatic.

Comment

• killgod
              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
              • Oct 2008

Toronto trades De Rosario to New York for 2 players and a pick. Don't think it's a joke.

Shocker to the MLS.

I figured he was being shopped, but to deal him to the strongest team in the East is a bit baffling...

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                Late to the party.
                • Jun 2009

Apparently the deal's on the rocks now. Might not go through.

If it does, Columbus should be all over that. They need somebody to fill in the hole Schelotto left.
                Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• killgod
                  OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                  • Oct 2008

Yeah, has to do with a legal issue with one of the players. Possibly the green card status of those two? Cause Toronto is full up on Int'l slots, so they can't make this deal if those two aren't OK on that front.

Not sure what we do if this doesn't go through, how does he suit up tomorrow for us after this?! lol

Comment

• killgod
                    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                    • Oct 2008

Deal may not go through, either way DeRo is DONE in Toronto. Deals are being discussed with other clubs (Houston, DC being among them). He's livid with the club about the possibility of being dealt and apparently may have walked out on them as early as 1-2 days ago.

Crazy.

Comment

• killgod
                      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                      • Oct 2008

eat. sleep. breath. TFC.

I got better things to do at 10am on Saturdays than watch some euro club that I'll never actually be able to support anyways....so this is it, and I fuckin love it.

Comment

• killgod
                        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                        • Oct 2008

99.9% of UEFA club fans look down their nose at it, so it's natural for an MLS supporter to be defensive.

It's not as bad as the perception out there is. Television broadcasts aren't on the epic level of the elite leagues which can make it hard to watch..I agree, but live it's well enough to enjoy and then some.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                          Late to the party.
                          • Jun 2009

Being that the MLS is American, I'll always support its growth. It's convenient for me that that it has a completely different international schedule them almost every other league, because it gives me some soccer to watch in the summer when there's no internationals going on. I still haven't found a team, and probably won't unless one comes to Detroit. Someone on the Newcastle board I visit described it as a "nice little league with some talent," which is a pretty accurate description, you just have to take it for what it is.
                          Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                          If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• killgod
                            OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
                            Being that the MLS is American, I'll always support its growth. It's convenient for me that that it has a completely different international schedule them almost every other league, because it gives me some soccer to watch in the summer when there's no internationals going on. I still haven't found a team, and probably won't unless one comes to Detroit. Someone on the Newcastle board I visit described it as a "nice little league with some talent," which is a pretty accurate description, you just have to take it for what it is.
                            That's an excellent way to summarize it.

It also has all the potential in the world. North America seemingly has endless funds for entertainment purposes and there's no league above MLS to hold back it's growth.

The league has turned the USA into a much stronger team on the world stage and Canada is starting to follow suit. It's giving a home to good prospects that could go to Europe's 2nd/3rd tiers, but instead could get on MLS club instead.

It's also a home for players who get past their prime in Europe, because they can come here and continue to be stars making good coin.

MLS will never be an elite league I don't think, but 15 or so years from now it'll likely surprise some people with what it becomes.

P.s. DeRo trade is official, he'll be suiting up for NYRB tomorrow.

Comment

• 1ke
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
                              This is all sound reasoning, and I don't disagree with it.

The only problem is... soccer/football will always, I mean always, be a minor sport in America. In every other country around the world it's the number 1 or 2 sport, so I have my doubts about MLS becoming anything more than a retirement league.

I mean lets be honest. The best American players are going to be snatched up and taken from the MLS. The MLS will help develop players but not players that are going to go on and contribute at a high level to the national stage.
                              All very true. But i find it entertaining to see the young and up and coming talent easily. I mean for us, for you(Well not so much you), for me, CB, BigH, Papa with Arsenal. Its a real pain in the ass to see our teams youth in action. I mean, for me, its finding a youth squad game, or trying to find a reserves game from the official website.

I think its cool seeing Jaun Agudelo start to shine. He looks to have a ton of potential. Omar Gonzales, Brek Shae, or Danny M from Philly. All these kids have tons for skill and lots more potential. Im sure there all going to be in Europe too, so why not watch em now easily.

I mean America must be doing somethin halfway decent. They're gettin better. Subotic from Dortmund is American and grew up here trained here. Hell be hella solid for whoever buys him and Serbia.

Dont get me wrong, it still bad at times. But, watching Inter vs Catania is pure shit too (for ex). For me....Its Still a very young league, up and coming. Three problems for me, and once they're solved the MLS will be waaay better and very legit.

1. Stadiums. All teams need their own stadium. A problem thats getting fixed every year but still some struggle.

2. TV. More games on TV please. They need a non cable network to show games. If hockey is on NBC, and SUPERCROSS is on CBS there is no reason why MLS cant be shown.

3. Playoffs. Figure out WTF they want to do with a post-season if they want a post season at all.

Edit...

4. Need a a big big city to be good. But not just be good, but to win titles. It will only help if New York or LA or Chicago can win a title.

Comment

• kyhadley
                                Carefree
                                • Oct 2008

Fuck West Ham, you can't hold a 2-0 lead for 25 minutes?

Comment

Working...