X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kyhadley
    Carefree
    • Oct 2008

Really the LeBron thing is about this:
    The Fenway group will partner with James's sports marketing firm, LRMR Branding & Marketing to become the exclusive representative for James.
    link

Which makes the Liverpool thing kind of odd, as I doubt that was one of LeBron's demands. Probably just trying to increase popularity by having LeBron's name involved with the team.

Don't really like having LeBron being affiliated with the Red Sox though.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Not entirely sure how I feel about the James deal. One potential positive is the fact that he's on board plus our American owners greatly increases the likelihood of them doing a little tour over here one summer.

Comment

• NAHSTE
        Probably owns the site
        • Feb 2009

LOL at LeBron affiliating himself with the Red Sox management group. He's always prided himself on being a Yankees fan. I guess he really doesn't give a shit about appearances at all.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
          The Greatest
          • Feb 2009

I guarantee if Lebron is dropping cash into this, he expects profit. Expect the team to get fucked over.

Comment

• citizenerased
            Rugby World Cup Champion
            • Mar 2009

lol, I don't think Lebron and his 0.5% share or whatever they've given him is going to be able to do any damage, no matter how hard he tries.
            Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• kyhadley
              Carefree
              • Oct 2008

Whats the point of having the fifth official if they aren't going to make that call right in front of them?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5GMHGx4yrs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5GMHGx4yrs[/ame]

Still annoyed.

Comment

• killgod
                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                • Oct 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tmMZv62BX4&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tmMZv62BX4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

• Chrispy
                  Needs a hobby
                  • Dec 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an7S2RGIDGM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an7S2RGIDGM[/ame]

SICK

Comment

• wr50l
                    Glen & CJ are secret Huns
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by kyhadley
                    Whats the point of having the fifth official if they aren't going to make that call right in front of them?

Still annoyed.
                    LOL.

I thought the same thing when a PSV player handled the ball on the goalline and not a penalty nevermind a red card was given.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                      Late to the party.
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
                      Joey Barton, lol.
                      I didn't agree with him about everything, but he should easily be in the starting eleven for England, based purely on form. He's been amazing this season.
                      Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                      If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• killgod
                        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                        • Oct 2008

Just a fan article...but maybe you'll get your wish Brohouse.

Fan perspective: An MLS team in Detroit? Why not - MLS - Yahoo! Sports

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                          Late to the party.
                          • Jun 2009

It seems to make sense overall to give a team to Detroit, just haven't heard much about it unless it's created by fans. I like that he mentioned the problem with picking a current MLS team if you're from Detroit, all three closest have terrible ties from other sports.

Comment

• killgod
                            OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                            • Oct 2008

Well any idea who's the 20th team? They will add Montreal next year, which makes their lame conferences lopsided.

Detroit is one of the better options, along with somewhere in Florida or Arizona IMO. Who knows, but I can't see them staying inbalanced for long.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                              Late to the party.
                              • Jun 2009

New York Cosmos will probably come after that. Then there's anywhere from two-four spots open, I would guess they wait a few years to let the talent pool catch up.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                                Tiote!
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
                                New York Cosmos will probably come after that. Then there's anywhere from two-four spots open, I would guess they wait a few years to let the talent pool catch up.
                                Yeah, with the Cosmo's already throwing money at the league, they have to be the 20th team

Comment

Working...