X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calgaryballer
    Tiote!
    • Mar 2009

One of the craziest stories in football right now - Wolfsburg, German champs 2 years ago, are currently looking at the relegation playoff. A St Pauli point today, and they are in the direct relegation spots.

And this is a team that still has talents like Grafite, Benaglio, Kjaer, Friedrich, Kalenburg, Diego, Tuncay, Helmes. Unbelievable

Comment

• calgaryballer
      Tiote!
      • Mar 2009

NUFC looking quite dull this morning too...

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
        Late to the party.
        • Jun 2009

Too many suspensions/injuries, we never really had a chance. Fortunately it was a really good weekend in terms of other teams results.
        Originally posted by mgoblue2290
        If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
          Late to the party.
          • Jun 2009

Yeah, it's being discussed on the Newcastle board. The fee being thrown around is 15mil, which I can't believe. He's really good, but we must be really good negotiators if we're getting 15mil for him.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
            Posts too much
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
            Phil Thompson was quoted on Norwegian television saying Liverpool has worked a deal for Jose Enrique, that the deal was done. Interesting, but I seriously have my doubts. The video of him saying it is on YouTube. I'd post it but I'm on my iPad.

I also just read that we were going to be offering 30 million for Bale over the summer. GiveMeFootball is having a giraffe.
            We paid 35 million for Carroll. Redknapp would try and get more than that for Bale I'd bet.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
              Late to the party.
              • Jun 2009

He just never seems to get appreciated like other players, he's been this good for a while now and I've only just noticed people not associated with Newcastle talking about how good he is. It's frustrating losing our best players when we were just a few away from a really good team, but 50mil for two players is fine with me.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                Late to the party.
                • Jun 2009

We bought him for 7mil, even Ashley is not that dumb.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                  Posts too much
                  • Feb 2009

Is there any rumor as to how much we'll have to spend this summer? I'd prefer it spent more wisely to upgrade more areas of the team. Obviously we need at least one winger, a fullback and probably even a center back.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                    Tiote!
                    • Mar 2009

Kroenke has made a play for all of Arsenal, getting Fiszmans and Lady Bracewell-Smiths shares. He now has 62.9% of all shares. The remaining share holders will have the option to sell at £11,750/share. Means the club has been valued at £731m

Comment

• calgaryballer
                      Tiote!
                      • Mar 2009

Kroenke has made a play for all of Arsenal, getting Fiszmans and Lady Bracewell-Smiths shares. He now has 62.9% of all shares. The remaining share holders will have the option to sell at £11,750/share. Means the club has been valued at £731m

Thoughts from the Arsenal fans (BPapa)?

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                        • Feb 2009

I'm not sure what to make of Kroenke at this point. He's had a primary position in the club for two or three years now. He hasn't given any indication thus far that he's just trying to take profit from the club.... though its entirely possible.

Comment

• 1ke
                          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                          • Mar 2009

Another American owner in the EPL

Comment

• 1ke
                            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                            • Mar 2009

Just lookin around after what CB said.

In Italy, Sampdoria are one point away from relegation.

In France, Monaco are one point away from relegation.

And Germany, he mentioned Wolfsburg already, but Stuttgart are another team who are in the relegation battle.

Crazy stuff. Just as crazy as Bale being sold for anything low. With all the hype, (one trick pony) and all the foreign interest, if he leaves hell be expensive.

Also, just more rumors, but apparently Man Utd £17.5m deal for David de Gea | Football | The Sport Review

I would love it, I would love Adler more, but with Nauer basically set for Bayern, ill take this kid. Apparently the agreement is done, just waitin on Da Gae to decide if he wants to leave Spain or not.

Comment

• 1ke
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                              • Mar 2009

I agree. Of all the leagues. After them Prem, the Germans are the next best to watch. Always a fun game or two.

One of the best things about my Xbox now, since they signed the deal with ESPN. On ESPN3, every weekend they have about 2-5 German games on. Last week I watched Bayern and Nurnberg draw. Kraft blew it, but it was also nice to see Timmy Chandler go up against and did not too shabby against Ribery. This upcoming weekend, Bayern Munich and Leverkusen play, and before that its the Classico. All on ESPN3 for watching amongst other games.

Also, I dont expect Kjaer to stay, and Diego Bennaglio (sp) should leave too, hes been good enough to play elsewhere if they do go down.

Comment

• Rudi
                                #CyCueto
                                • Nov 2008

No more time to fuck around for Man City.

Comment

Working...