• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaribbeanJoseph
    I Can Score Goals
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by heelswxman
    Any of you guys playing PES 2011?

I DL'ed the demo and frankly I'm kind of enjoying. I'll probably pick it up this Friday since I'm off all weekend but I was curious if anyone else was playing.
    Really?

I thought the demo was dreadful, though to be fair I only played a few matches and have always been a bit of a FIFA fanboy.

Comment

• killgod
      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
      • Oct 2008

This is what pisses me off. I know guys have created all kinds of amazing updates, but getting them onto Xbox is a pain in the ass.

But then again, on some PES sites, they say Xbox released an update that allows you to use USB. Is this true?

Edit- Apparently it is true. Seems rather easy as well. I'm getting it this weekend.
      If that works, great.

If not, you should be able to very cheaply (under $10) acquire the USB to Xbox HDD cable online. Probably complicates it a bit more because you'd need to understand where in the folder structure to place the PES data, but I've used it in the past to mod NFL 2K5 to update it's franchise/rosters to current day, so it's not that hard!

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
        Late to the party.
        • Jun 2009

PES was in its heyday on PS2/Xbox, easily one of the best ever sports games, and customization was easy, along with a lot of good saves with them. The current gen games have so many things wrong with them I just gave up, hopefully they can improve, though.
        Originally posted by mgoblue2290
        If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
          PES was in its heyday on PS2/Xbox, easily one of the best ever sports games, and customization was easy, along with a lot of good saves with them. The current gen games have so many things wrong with them I just gave up, hopefully they can improve, though.
          It also allowed visionaries like myself to create truly innovative offensive tactics that consisted of Cristiano Ronaldo dribbling around until I could get space for a shot.

Comment

• wr50l
            Glen & CJ are secret Huns
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
            It also allowed visionaries like myself to create truly innovative offensive tactics that consisted of Cristiano Ronaldo dribbling around until I could get space for a shot.
            I know that tactic very well from PES tournaments this side of the pond.

Comment

• killgod
              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
              • Oct 2008

All 3 stores near my place didn't have it around. Gonna have to hunt for it.

Comment

• 1ke
                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                • Mar 2009

Bye Bye Renters.... :redsmug:

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                  • Feb 2009

I've actually read that the gameplay on FIFA 11 PC is amazing and the console version is way behind it. Doubt I will try it to find out, but read that from a few folks.

Curious on what people think about the rumors of David De Gea to United. He's not that experienced, but goalkeepers who are under 25yet experienced at the top level and have accomplished anything are pretty rare. De Gea has played really well in one of the top leagues in the world and already won a European title. Pretty much any option out there I could think of comes with some degree of risk and I don't see De Gea as much worst than most. But if the 20-25m price tag is what United were to end up paying... That makes it riskier...

Comment

• killgod
                    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                    I've actually read that the gameplay on FIFA 11 PC is amazing and the console version is way behind it. Doubt I will try it to find out, but read that from a few folks.
                    It's truth, I leeched that a couple weeks back.

Framerate is twice as smooth which is the biggest difference, game is silky smooth.

There's lots of really neat modding options out there, but it's all done by europeans who aren't friendly and speak shoddy english. If you ask for help understanding how things work they just yell at you on their forums, so I gave up on that. lol.

Comment

• 1ke
                      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42

Curious on what people think about the rumors of David De Gea to United. He's not that experienced, but goalkeepers who are under 25yet experienced at the top level and have accomplished anything are pretty rare. De Gea has played really well in one of the top leagues in the world and already won a European title. Pretty much any option out there I could think of comes with some degree of risk and I don't see De Gea as much worst than most. But if the 20-25m price tag is what United were to end up paying... That makes it riskier...

The list was..... Nauer, De Gea, Adler, Buffon, Skelenberg pretty much in that order.

Nauer to Bayern is all but done. Buffon too injury prone and his wages would be outrageous. Skelenberg just isnt the other 4 and would be last choice.

So it comes down to Adler or De Gea. Adler has said his dream would be to play for United and he would cost about 13-17 Mil. He was Germany's No 1 going into the WC, but got hurt and Nauer hasnt given it up since. De Gea is only 20, 6'3, and has a Euro title to his name. Has been branded the next best thing with even more potential. Atletico are saying 20-25, but United will pay no more than 18 for him. Apparently there is a deal done, (the Mirror) today, but there have been rumors for 2 weeks saying a deal is done for about 17.5. I wanted Adler 1, but this kid is not a bad fall back option at all.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                        I Can Score Goals
                        • Dec 2008

The new LFC away kit is boss.

I will be getting an Ngog one.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                          I Can Score Goals
                          • Dec 2008

City are all over them.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                            I Can Score Goals
                            • Dec 2008

Where's your treble now you cunts :D

Comment

• 1ke
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by CaribbeanJoseph
                              Where's your treble now you cunts :D
                              Well technically, its still in our trophy case from '99.

Eventually little brother wins.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                                I Can Score Goals
                                • Dec 2008

Lol the scum are such poor losers, some of the shit I'm seeing on facebook/texts I've received are ridiculous.

Comment

Working...