X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calgaryballer
    Tiote!
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
    Anyway, Cabaye has all but signed for Newcastle, apparently around 5mil. If the local reporters can be trusted, Gervinho is deciding between two clubs, but is favoring us, and Gameiro is 50/50.
    I saw this on some NUFC boards as I was trying to find high quality backgrounds. I can't believe players like this are actually considering coming to Newcastle, and that Ashley is supporting the outlay of money.

I'd like another central defender, but overall, the team is looking better than I could have hoped for

GK - Harper and Krul
    D - Enrique, Taylor/Colo/Williamson, Simpson
    Midfield - so many options! What formation do we play now?

Nolan, Barton, Tiote, Jonas was enough for us to survive safely. Now Ben Arfa returns, Cabaye adds something in the middle and Gervinho was on fire at Lille this season and adds a whole 'nother dimension on the wing.

Gameiro is a 1 in 2 striker, who would immediately add a boost up front.

Lets hope Pardew knows how to handle all of this

Comment

• 1ke
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
      The Ryan Giggs replacement stuff has already started.

Ashley Young from Aston Villa seems to be the guy.

Watching Giggs yesterday was painful. It was like watching McBride try and run around out there in the 2006 World Cup. He just looked 2-3 steps slow
      It seems as though Ash picked United over Liverpool. 14 Million. A natural replacemnt for Giggs. Cover for when Nani, Valencia, and Park. Plus, Ash showed he can play in the middle in the hole. he appearance has gotten his medical already on Friday. United will be very busy this summer. They've got tons of cash to spend.

Comment

• calgaryballer
        Tiote!
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by 1ke
        It seems as though Ash picked United over Liverpool. 14 Million. A natural replacemnt for Giggs. Cover for when Nani, Valencia, and Park. Plus, Ash showed he can play in the middle in the hole. he appearance has gotten his medical already on Friday. United will be very busy this summer. They've got tons of cash to spend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1Nk0OJdJW
        I am torn on Young. I think he is really talented, and will probably be a good signing. But he checks out of games an awful lot, and spent almost all year playing in the whole and doesn't have the goal scoring numbers you'd expect. Still young, so he can definetly get better

Comment

• relaxedanderson
          I am not Abe Kabbible
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Prodigal Son

I don't see single fucking fan on these boards or many others that supports a Championship squad or lower. It's Top 4 English, or Top 2 Spanish.
          Come on Swansea!
          Z(u, w) = Z0(w)[1-exp{-b(w)u}]

...and she said "Well I don't think you're a fishmonger. I think you've done a plop in the wrong lavatory."

Comment

• 1ke
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
            I am torn on Young. I think he is really talented, and will probably be a good signing. But he checks out of games an awful lot, and spent almost all year playing in the whole and doesn't have the goal scoring numbers you'd expect. Still young, so he can definetly get better
            This is where alot of United supporters are going to hope the old saying "put him around better talent and he will be better" comes true. Valencia was the same as him.

Also, if you guys think Nani is bad, just wait till you consistently see Young go head over heels Ronaldo style from a little nudge. Lol thats gonna drive me crazy.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
              Late to the party.
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer

That's fucking ridiculous from yesterdays game.
              Xavi and Iniesta are ridiculous. Carrick plays a different game, but this is more proof of how he should be nowhere near the Man Utd first team. Such an average player.

I saw this on some NUFC boards as I was trying to find high quality backgrounds. I can't believe players like this are actually considering coming to Newcastle, and that Ashley is supporting the outlay of money.

I'd like another central defender, but overall, the team is looking better than I could have hoped for

GK - Harper and Krul
              D - Enrique, Taylor/Colo/Williamson, Simpson
              Midfield - so many options! What formation do we play now?

Nolan, Barton, Tiote, Jonas was enough for us to survive safely. Now Ben Arfa returns, Cabaye adds something in the middle and Gervinho was on fire at Lille this season and adds a whole 'nother dimension on the wing.

Gameiro is a 1 in 2 striker, who would immediately add a boost up front.

Lets hope Pardew knows how to handle all of this
              I remember Pardew saying he wanted Ben Arfa to play centrally, off the striker. I would guess if we got Gameiro, he would be the lone striker, then any combination of Jonas/Gervinho/Barton/N'Zogbia?, and Nolan/Tiote/Cabaye/Barton/Gosling behind them. But still, so many possibilities.

N'Zog's also been another name highly mentioned. I doubt we'll get both him and Gervinho, maybe if Wigan went down we could have pulled it off.

Really wish he wouldn't fall so easily, that's a big drawback. I'm not his biggest fan, he seems underwhelming in so many matches, but I think a move to a bigger club would help him. Not being the centerpiece in an attack should really help him.
              Originally posted by mgoblue2290
              If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                The Greatest
                • Feb 2009

Where you a Sounders fan when they were in the USL? Because, correct me if I am wrong, I don't remember all these posts at MM.
                I rarely spent time in the soccer thread back on MM, and how many people here actually know of the USL or even the NASL around here? Why would I talk about the USL team when majority of the people didn't even know there was a league below the MLS in this country.

At least on these boards, I have Killgod to shit on.

Comment

• killgod
                  OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                  • Oct 2008

All the latest MLS news, scores, stats, standings and highlights. Plus special coverage of US Soccer and Canada Soccer.

Warner and Bin Hamman suspended. Something happened, but Blatter is free of wrong doing which is comedy.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                    The Greatest
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...fc-boss-hammam

Warner and Bin Hamman suspended. Something happened, but Blatter is free of wrong doing which is comedy.
                    Blatter is just as corrupt. It's convenient his opponent gets these charges brought up the week before the vote.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                      The Greatest
                      • Feb 2009

Oh, and Sounders ended RSL's 2 year MLS Undefeated home streak.

Lamar Neagle first MLS goal, and possible Goal of the Week.

[youtube]1oSQq3SBMK0[/youtube]

Comment

• killgod
                        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
                        Oh, and Sounders ended RSL's 2 year MLS Undefeated home streak.

Lamar Neagle first MLS goal, and possible Goal of the Week.

[youtube]1oSQq3SBMK0[/youtube]

Did you see this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrog6d7GR5E[/ame]

Personally I thought the refs got it right despite the sillyness of the whole situation.

Comment

• killgod
                          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                          • Oct 2008

So basically, an internal FIFA email that admits Qatar 2022 was bought has surfaced.

At the time the email was sent on May 18, Mohamed Bin Hammam of Qatar, the president of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) was still standing against Sepp Blatter for president — but he was also banned by the ethics committee on Sunday on alleged bribery charges along with Warner.

Bin Hammam withdrew his candidacy to be president just hours before the ethics committee met on Sunday.

Warner showed the email from Valcke to Reuters, which stated: “For MBH (Bin Hammam), I never understood why he was running.

“If really he thought he had a chance or just being an extreme way to express how much he does not like anymore JSB (Blatter). Or he thought you can buy FIFA as they bought the WC (World Cup)’.”

Valcke confirmed the authenticity of the email on Monday.

Blatter has announced a press conference that'll air one hour from now.

Comment

• killgod
                            OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                            • Oct 2008

Re-vote for 2018 and 2022?!?!?!?!

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                              The Greatest
                              • Feb 2009

The PDX-DC shit was a joke. While it's part of the rules, you only see it called when it's heinous, or when one of the refs is stupid. It's the equivalent of the NBA's Traveling.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                                I Can Score Goals
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by killgod
                                http://www.footballnews.com.au/article.php?id=3197

Re-vote for 2018 and 2022?!?!?!?!
                                Won't happen, it's an Australian site they're just being bitter

Comment

Working...